What's your least favorite or worst map mod?

Reduced recovery is the worst mod imo. The other build disabling mods like no leech, no regen and reflect but they can be compensated for in some way and they don't affect every build. 70-80% reduced recovery fucks up pretty much any build there is.
While most of my builds are ailment immune, I still hate the ground effect mods - for the visuals alone. I find them very disruptive, especially burning ground.

Reduced recovery and -max res are probably the most dangerous ones, depending on your build, of course.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Reflects - the build even completely ignores them, or they brick the map. There is no in-between.
"
Xyel wrote:
Reflects - the build even completely ignores them, or they brick the map. There is no in-between.

It bricks Kirac missions for non chaos builds if you are not reflect immune, but you do know that there is a cheap sextant mod that nullifies reflect? So as long as you put the map in your device and you have at least one voidstone it is a non-issue.

For my build this league cannot leech and less recovery are the worst followed by less aura effect, because that just always sucks big time.
Last edited by Strickl3r on May 23, 2023, 5:00:27 PM
Elemental reflect, whenever I don't read the map affixes i can guarantee i get killed by this one.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Mostly depends on the build, but in general no mana/life regen, cursed with vulnerability, damage reflection and monsters deal +xxx% damage are big noes.
Some modifiers I dislike based on the character I'm on at the moment, like Reflect is undoable on my LA character but whatever on my SRS one. But modifiers like Burning/Desecrated Ground bother me 99% of the time.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds
Reflects take the cake for me. While a lot of mods are bircks for a given build, I feel like reflects hit the most. And I've found that % reduction in reflects (like from pantheon) just can't keep up with player damage scaling to impact. You're immune via Ascendancy (or other means) or its a brick, and that's not particularly interesting to me.

I can sometimes take it slow, depending on build, or flask through no recovery, reduced rate or Added ES, and the game in those cases is asking if you think your build could handle that mod, which is at least interesting, even if you decide it's a brick.
Monsters that can siphon flasks!
any curse and crit mod
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info