How were the qualifier races announced elsewhere?

I managed to miss both of these events. Was it solely on Twitter? Would the company consider starting to use Reddit again? Some user posted the information there about 20 days back "ExileCon 2023 Race Qualifier Events". As advance notice it feels a bit weak. No pressure but it'd be neat if the gang showed up.

Something along the lines of "Watch the Live event today" or similar. It is after all rather special to have an official live stream outside of league announcements.

Twitter has been such a mess since the recent change of ownership. Stuff fails to load. It shows suggested posts like disguised adverts all the time in the "feed" telling me that maaaaybe I'd be interested in this Elon Musk rant and by the way Elon? Musk? Perhaps one of his fwiendsies? No?

The Twitter site also has no actual support any more.

Last bumped on May 12, 2023, 8:33:16 AM
"
Treme2 wrote:
Spoiler
I managed to miss both of these events. Was it solely on Twitter? Would the company consider starting to use Reddit again? Some user posted the information there about 20 days back "ExileCon 2023 Race Qualifier Events". As advance notice it feels a bit weak. No pressure but it'd be neat if the gang showed up.

Something along the lines of "Watch the Live event today" or similar. It is after all rather special to have an official live stream outside of league announcements.

Twitter has been such a mess since the recent change of ownership. Stuff fails to load. It shows suggested posts like disguised adverts all the time in the "feed" telling me that maaaaybe I'd be interested in this Elon Musk rant and by the way Elon? Musk? Perhaps one of his fwiendsies? No?

The Twitter site also has no actual support any more.

It's on:
  • the Announcement forum: The general announcement a few weeks ago had all the dates and times plus there are "Watch the Event now" announcements half an hour before the race starts to remind everyone of the race and that registrations are now open.
  • the event calendar on the forum.
  • Ingame under your character list and - half an hour before start, there are also yellow messages.

And I probably missed a few other places but I don't know how more official you can get? Unless they'd set up email-notifications.

So, keep an eye on the announcement forum and/or just copy the dates into your calendar right away. :)
on top of the announcement forum(what better source... than the announcement section of the official site... pretty sure it was in game to right under the login credentials box for many many days)...

also you know... actually look at what shows up on reddit... people post anything new that shows up in announcements/dev manifesto/patch notes within an hour usually.

there is also the GGG tracker... sure you will have alot of useless things(to you) in there... but if you refresh it daily you won't miss anything important.
All the info has been cleverly hiding in plain sight. Maybe some hand-delivered, personal invitations to observe are in order for the next one?
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info