PSA: Names during ExileCon Qualifier Races

So weird this is specifically targeting streaming events and not, general day-to-day player misbehavior.. You'd think those are not different contexts, with regard to terms of service violating behavior but here we are.
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
"
TwentyFiveEX wrote:
So weird this is specifically targeting streaming events and not, general day-to-day player misbehavior.. You'd think those are not different contexts, with regard to terms of service violating behavior but here we are.

True
"
Aysc wrote:
Hmm, yes, i too would like to know what event cause the team to make this post.

Someone enlightened me on Jung's IGN, and boy, he had it coming :O
Last edited by Sielin on May 12, 2023, 2:00:54 AM
They should try Childish Bambino to cover both target audience and online persona.
Second-class poe gamer
"
TwentyFiveEX wrote:
I don't think this is supposed to mean that only event participants are punished, but that events aren't exempt from the ToS that is already there, and also that there is now a punishment specific to trolling events like this (I think normally they just force change your name if it is inappropriate?)

Plus this is something that will inspire a lot of copycats that have far less to lose than a popular streamer so this is probably meant to be a warning to them.
"
TwentyFiveEX wrote:

No idea what its like on SC but they would have to ban 3/4 of HC, and generally all the prominent players that aren't streamers lmao

I wondered how long it would take to get to this announcement
how is it even possible in the first place you can make this charakternames? You should take all that stafftabs money and code a namefilter into the game.. there are literally 10000 of 1000 of people with way more explipliced names then that one who had Jungroan^^
Last edited by Cridac on May 12, 2023, 8:16:58 AM
"
Cridac wrote:
how is it even possible in the first place you can make this charakternames? You should take all that stafftabs money and code a namefilter into the game.. there are literally 10000 of 1000 of people with way more explipliced names then that one who had Jungroan^^

Yeah so I play a mobile game that has that kinda filtering in its chat. I remember it filtering one of its new hero names, because it contained *ass* I think. Plus there are too many workarounds to make something workable

Edit: Also, 10,000 of 1,000s (AKA 10 million) is LITERALLY (perhaps google this) too large a number to possibly be true for your assertion!

I've told you 1000 of 1000 of times not to exaggerate :)
Last edited by N4k3dM1k3 on May 12, 2023, 10:13:52 AM
"
N4k3dM1k3 wrote:
"
Cridac wrote:

Yeah so I play a mobile game that has that kinda filtering in its chat. I remember it filtering one of its new hero names, because it contained *ass* I think. Plus there are too many workarounds to make something workable

This is right.

There was a screenshot floating around a while ago for a different game where it blurred out certain letters the system thought were bad. It ended up making an innocent name look like it was racist based on what it blurred out.

I guess I kinda also like the idea that we police our own community. If people report someone for an inappropriate name, it's going to have to be changed.
Did you know that if free speech offends you, that means it's working.
Saved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info