Fusing Six Link Fun (Tell us your sad 6L story.)

Been playing since 2013, I've made many many six links. It is kind of a strange activity now. Used to be rare and a 6L was a luxury. Now it's a requirement that GGG has decided will go away in PoE2.

I never use the 1500 fusing crafting bench to 6L. Usually it only takes a few hundred fusings, rarely over 1500. Three times I've gone way over that. My first 6L took a little over 3000. Then one a few years ago took about 3500. On my current attempt, I've currently used all my 4000 fusings and still don't have a 6L. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I find it absolutely hilarious. I already converted most of my alterations and jewelers. I guess I could get a few more by converting the rest of my scrolls, augumatations, transformations, and the rest of my alterations. But I think I'll give up instead. :-)

Would you be interested in sharing your sad 6L story?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on May 8, 2023, 4:12:35 PM
Last bumped on May 16, 2023, 10:04:17 AM
I six linked in 23 fusings last league

No shit.

Very sad story for those who play the endless fusing game
My first 6L took 3 times over the bench cost, so i decided from that point forward it was a bargain.

Well-Connected
Create an item with six linked sockets using an Orb of Fusing.
Unlocked 15 Dec, 2015 @ 3:57am
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
That I don't have the 6-L achievement tells the story of how fusings have been going for me :D

I always end up benchcrafting it or by using tainted fusings.
I didn't manually 6-link an item until like 2017 or 2018. I can't remember exactly when. My first attempt was back in Domination league. I put 3800 fusings into a Death's Oath and failed to link it. I was pretty disenchanted with my chances to do it so I just bought them until the bench craft came; then all my 6-links came from the bench for a long while.

My first 6-link was unexpected. I had a 6 socket Ashrend drop and I decided to 5-link it to get a pseudo 6-link (legacy Ashrend with Added Fire Damage support). I hit it in like 15 fusings.
i usually just buy gear that's already 6 linked. if i try myself and dont get it after 200-300 i just stop and buy instead. not a fan of gambling.
"
Turtledove wrote:

You probably wouldn't believe it but I have a Loreweave in standard that took roughly 10,050-ish fuses (over the course of 2 leagues). My best is 9 fuses, my RNG is pretty all over the board. lol

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

You probably wouldn't believe it but I have a Loreweave in standard that took roughly 10,050-ish fuses (over the course of 2 leagues). My best is 9 fuses, my RNG is pretty all over the board. lol

I believe it!!!

(I'm going to go out on a limb and predict this to be the record for this thread! LOL)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Essence league. Picked up 4x 6s bases from a strongbox, one of which was an Astral Plate that I could make use of. Started fusing and would have been happy to get 5l for the time being, but got 6l within a few dozen fuses. Dropped a Deafening Greed on it and got a decent armor roll and 2 good resists to go with the +life. Was pretty happy about all that.

Stepped away for a bit shortly after. When I came back, I quickly vendored my other 6s bases that I didn't need...and my nice new 6l along with them.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
I've heard claims of things taking over 12k+ so it wouldn't surprise me if someone popped in with more. I can understand why people don't like the current system but I find it quite hilarious and I'll kinda miss it when it goes away. :')

"
aggromagnet wrote:

Stepped away for a bit shortly after. When I came back, I quickly vendored my other 6s bases that I didn't need...and my nice new 6l along with them.

Ouch! Gotta love the classic self-bamboozle. I'm really good at those too!
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info