Got my 1st divine altar ever.

"
Icholas wrote:
I will take my slow and steady chaos/sextant drops from exarch altars thanks. Eater altars too much like waiting to win the lottery.

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
xPiranha wrote:
got mine yesterday 29 divines.

hoho
I've gotten 2 annul altars this league which are supposedly rarer than divine altars. Makes me wonder if I would've gotten 5 divine altars by now had I done eater instead.

The consistency of selling sextants feels good though. Can't complain.
ive never got a divine altar.
I do get plenty of chaos, scarab, and sextants though.

ive never had so many sextants.. its kinda nice. i dont even sell them.

ive made about 100 divine casually playing just from selling stuff and a few really lucky ancestral vision gambling's.
Divines are eater altar only. You have to choose between the chance at a massive payday from eater or the consistent income of sextants from exarch. Eater is probably way better if you have a large enough sample size. Dunno if there is a difference in the altars for div card farming. I've gotten a Doctor and Demon from exarch altars.
Had my first this league, about halfway into a jungle valley map and netted 12 divs out of it. I was pretty happy with that.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on May 8, 2023, 7:49:07 PM
Never saw one, but 1 div better than none I guess?
Second-class poe gamer
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Divines are eater altar only. You have to choose between the chance at a massive payday from eater or the consistent income of sextants from exarch. Eater is probably way better if you have a large enough sample size. Dunno if there is a difference in the altars for div card farming. I've gotten a Doctor and Demon from exarch altars.

Highly doubt that. Some people never find a divine altar. Others find it once per league and then get 1-3 divs. And some get a big payday of 20ish divs, but that's stupidly rare. Guess what exarch gives consistently? Divs worth of sextants all league long, baby, plus a shit ton of chaos and scarab drops. I'm certain I've found much more than 20 divs of sextants this league.

Oh yeah, let's also talk about how sextant starved you'll be with blue altars. Got that 36 sextants for your 500% Quant enraged Strongbow compass? Hell no you don't lol because you hardly find sextants. So fork over 1 of those divs for the compass you need. You'll have to do it again in 4 maps anyway. That's just an example, but my point is that any high investment strat is gonna be bleeding divs on sextants if you're running blue altars just for a shot at the lotto. Seems idiotic to me.
Last edited by HwtChirino on May 10, 2023, 4:23:09 PM
"
HwtChirino wrote:
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

Highly doubt that. Some people never find a divine altar. Others find it once per league and then get 1-3 divs. And some get a big payday of 20ish divs, but that's stupidly rare. Guess what exarch gives consistently? Divs worth of sextants all league long, baby, plus a shit ton of chaos and scarab drops. I'm certain I've found much more than 20 divs of sextants this league.

Oh yeah, let's also talk about how sextant starved you'll be with blue altars. Got that 36 sextants for your 500% Quant enraged Strongbow compass? Hell no you don't lol because you hardly find sextants. So fork over 1 of those divs for the compass you need. You'll have to do it again in 4 maps anyway. That's just an example, but my point is that any high investment strat is gonna be bleeding divs on sextants if you're running blue altars just for a shot at the lotto. Seems idiotic to me.

What part do you highly doubt?
I didnt really test to see but id prob say divine altar is still way better then exarch unless you were really unlucky and didnt get one/got it at the end of the map

Ive been running exarch the last day or 2 and poe trade says 36 sextants are 1div... i dont think ive even had 36 sextants drop yet and i ran like 30 maps

It would take 720 of them to be as good as 20 divs if you got 3 per map (lol not happening) it would take 250ish maps to get that

But most of the time i dont feel like i get many if any per map and i use them myself

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info