0.10.6b Patch Notes

They have to be trolling.

That sounds like the dumbest change I have ever heard in any games patch notes. Is there seriously so many exploding mobs that people are actively exploiting this and reaping tons of benefits?

How about fix people doing 70,000 DPS http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273289

If you are playing any build other than the one I just linked. You are terrible.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
"
Chris wrote:
"
Maverickroll wrote:
So, does this apply to mobs that have something cast on them like Exploding Arrow? Or is it for the "suicide" mobs? ala the red mobs in mervails area, the purple exploding guys in western forest etc?

Right, it's the "suicide" monsters. Western Forest is still a good race strategy but we're making other options attractive too by removing its free experience.

Not quite free. I've died many a time due to desync trying to do run-by detonates on groups.
It had its risk/reward. I don't mind the fix though, I think we'll see fewer deaths in Western because of it in general.
"
ShaeG wrote:
That sounds like the dumbest change I have ever heard in any games patch notes. Is there seriously so many exploding mobs that people are actively exploiting this and reaping tons of benefits?

Yes.

"
ShaeG wrote:
How about fix people doing 70,000 DPS http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273289

Our balance patch is being deployed on Friday, as I mentioned.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Could they possibly award a percentage of XP based on their current life at the time of death? Say, (Base XP)*(Percentage of missing life) / 2? So if they're on 1% health, and they explode, you get 49.5% of the experience.
IRON MAN
I'll say it again. Patches should not be balanced around races. o.O
I knew I should of farmed Western a little bit before I logged of earlier lol.
"
ShaeG wrote:
They have to be trolling.

If you are playing any build other than the one I just linked. You are terrible.

pfffft u think thats op...... wait till u see my next build i'm releasing tomorrow. I just solod 2 76 maps in a 5 man group with 4 ppl watching me in disbelief while i solo'd the entire map without using my keyboard and taking less then 5% total damage at any given time.....

no that's not a troll and no that's not made up or some kind of idiotic make belief story. I will be releasing the video guide tomorrow on my new build that is beyond broken.
Have you considered what this does to melee builds at endgame? This is tantamount to an experience penalty for mob proximity in certain pack compositions, especially considering that there is an entire map mod devoted to the exploding squids. I worry that these attempts to adjust the race meta are being prioritized over the main game.
Odd to see something like this being changed, but change can always be good in the least. Keep up the great work.
Races suck anyway. All They are are great time killers until CT League
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Last edited by ToxicRatt on Apr 17, 2013, 12:53:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info