My List of the Top Merciless PVPers (Default)

@myr

Well a huge part of pvp is countering other builds with customization, so laying out templates of the best builds and skills to use would only lead to more cookie cutters and less strategies for ppl to figure out and employ themselves

There are overall trends, which i assume you are talking about; recently in my experience i have observed more and more ppl switching over to high block percentages, i have also noticed ek becoming much more used aswell as high hitting spell builds

Last edited by Greenbake on Jun 5, 2013, 10:26:25 AM
Heres a short but informative list of the top tier builds right now.
1. Low life Shavvrones RF DPS FP swagyolo420
2. Any block builds who also use EK
3. Any HIGH dps single target build that use flicker, heavy, glacial hammer, etc.
4. Anything else
5. Bow and Arrow builds
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
How do summoners fare in merc pvp? I've always thought of them as crappy, but I recently made a good summoner for level 28 which I think I can safely say is probably in the top 10 at the moment.

The only builds I have a lot of trouble against are archers.

Minion instability and especially the unique summoner shield (+2 to minion level), makes a huge difference in their effectiveness.
IGN: _Firebitch
Summoners in merc, in general, are pretty weak as far as i have seen

The main problem is dealing with rushers, if someone rushes (melee or caster) with enough damage there will simply not be enough time to raise summons unless you have the strat to escape and buy some time

However, summons can be very strong in the right scenarios if the summoner can stay hidden within the pack not providing a chance to be picked off

Seems if rushing was countered or mechanics changed summons could make for some very formidable builds, so far not many ppl have really put the time into bringing summons into viable merc pvp yet
Last edited by Greenbake on Jun 5, 2013, 12:58:57 PM
have any bow builds besides exploding arrow stood out? im starting to notice some of you guys run with some low hp so how about some sort of crit bow build?
IGN- Isiander
Bow builds, just like summons, havent really been worked out to full potential in pvp in my opinion.. i think this is due to lower mobility of bow builds therefore general disadvantage in starting pvp; this leads to less testing in the long run pvp wise

I only know of one bow user that has ne worth in pvp and he is an experienced EA build, so yeh would be nice to see more pvp orientated bow builds in the future, the potential is defiantly there
cool ty i am turned away from explosive arrow for one reason or another... big reason ebing its fire damage i like to stick with physical but i still might level up an ea gem see what it does
IGN- Isiander
There's been some good bow builds in 28 pvp as of late. Around 2k dps (lightning primarily) with rain of arrows and split arrow. Quite effective.

Edit: I know 28 pvp is off topic in this thread. Thought there might be some carryover to merc pvp though.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Jun 5, 2013, 3:10:27 PM
im guessing people have tried the projectile weakness the knockback just isnt strong enough to keep them back?
IGN- Isiander
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
How do summoners fare in merc pvp? I've always thought of them as crappy, but I recently made a good summoner for level 28 which I think I can safely say is probably in the top 10 at the moment.

The only builds I have a lot of trouble against are archers.

Minion instability and especially the unique summoner shield (+2 to minion level), makes a huge difference in their effectiveness.

I've found one well gear/high level summoner. It was interesting. Apparently his zombies had 20k HP, and if the minion instabilitied on me it was crazy damage.

But the insurmountable problem is that they move and attack too slowly and their AI is too poor. They can't effectively damage players. All your opponent has to do is be careful of not killing themselves with MI.

"
myr wrote:
im guessing people have tried the projectile weakness the knockback just isnt strong enough to keep them back?

You'd have to use knockback passives and/or the knockback support. You can't rely on curses being on your opponent in PvP (my default flask set is 5x warding flasks, for example, and I'm sure many others do the same)
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jun 6, 2013, 2:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info