Is all our fancy gear (in standard) going to become obsolete when GGG announces PoE 2?

i think poe1 will be same while poe2 will be new system
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Poe 2, well patch 4.0 to be accurate will likely not affect standard until the first new league is done. I doubt that they put in two standards (one for all the new league stuff and the current one). Standard is likely going to keep the gear (just the way it always was) but you can expect some changes like gem sockets and such as it's simply going to be a part of the new patch.
It's hard to assume the power level of the crafted items after the patch as we have close to no indicators about the crafting possibilities and everything with patch 4.0.

But in all honesty, new leagues are the only thing that keeps the game alive, so I wouldn't be too worried about standard at all as it's just a place to gather and stockpile your stuff after leagues.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Apr 30, 2023, 10:15:29 PM
All damage mods and stats on gear will probably double or more in PoE 2. Things that give infinite survivability or break mechanics will be evergreen but most other things will be worthless. Giving weapons the insane power boost this league convinced me of it.
Obligatory LOLstandurt remark.
Patch 4.0 will introduce some new gameplay mechanics along with a brand new campaign.

Armoury and weaponry will lose its links and only get sockets. Main skill gems will get 1-5 sockets where you can put support gems. How many after patch, we dont know. They might assign a random number of sockets or just 1 socket to your old main skill gems. Support gems stay support gems.

All the fusings you have will be turned into jeweller orbs at a 1:4 ratio.

Like someone already mentioned, most of the rare items might turn obsolete when it comes to stats if GGG introduces more powerful affixes/suffixes with patch 4.0.

If you care about Standard, you better have your 'wealth' stored in currency-orbs or item awards like those people who migrated their Demigod's Presence from closed to open beta.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
Patch 4.0 will introduce some new gameplay mechanics along with a brand new campaign.

Armoury and weaponry will lose its links and only get sockets. Main skill gems will get 1-5 sockets where you can put support gems. How many after patch, we dont know. They might assign a random number of sockets or just 1 socket to your old main skill gems. Support gems stay support gems.

All the fusings you have will be turned into jeweller orbs at a 1:4 ratio.

Like someone already mentioned, most of the rare items might turn obsolete when it comes to stats if GGG introduces more powerful affixes/suffixes with patch 4.0.

If you care about Standard, you better have your 'wealth' stored in currency-orbs or item awards like those people who migrated their Demigod's Presence from closed to open beta.

On top of that this nice 4.0 patch will include:

"The entire progression of armour and weapons has been redone from start to finish...".
Whatever it means.

"Over the years there have been many changes that we would have loved to make to Path of Exile but couldn't, because they would break existing characters. Path of Exile 2 is an opportunity to make all of these changes in one large update."
So, for sure devs expect at least some builds to be broken.

Now more interesting things, form the most recent videos (which unfortunately 99% of patch 4.0 "fans" didn't even bother to watch):

1. Every weapon type is going to be reworked to include inherent gameplay mechanic unique that the weapon type. Examples for new weapons: Crossbows changes how the skills work, Spears have variety of built-in mobility skills.

2. PoE 2 skill design focuses on rewarding players for standing in place for extended periods of time and tactical (re)positioning (I got that some people might be in shock now). It wasn't clear if it meant only new skills or also rework of existing skills. But, quick application of basic logic, means that if it was only applied to new skills, it would make then instantly obsolete. So I would be prepared for your favorited skills to work completely differently after patch 4.0.
While agreeing with the sentiment that the game is *all about* making your gear obsolete on the regular (it's been about that since, oh, 2011), I am sort of intrigued to see how GGG go about converting existing gear to the new gem system. Especially uniques, many of which have aberrant interactions with the existing gem system and specific existing gems types and skills.

And didn't they already 'announce' it? Like, years ago? And haven't they been incrementally implementing features of it ever since? Certainly not the much-vaunted gem skill change, but certain other facets that likely affect the efficacy of existing gear, possibly.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Why wait till PoE 2? It happens almost every league to where GGG ruins standard builds with their huffs and nerfs.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I'm somewhat happy that I belong to the "season only" fraction of the player base.
If I wanted to play on standart, I would first have to deal with like 200 remove only tabs I would have to clean up, plus alot of trade requests during this time, because of the old tabs, some (legacy) stuff will be in somewhere way to cheap.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
All the gear is transfering to the new system. They even went over it all in a video. And the difficulties and whatnot that went into it. Tabula will still be white sockets (I think), but instead of six sockets, it'll have 1 more than other chest items. Giving you an extra ability slot for the cost of stats. Which ability slots will be more static so an extra slot is quite a bonus for some builds I'm guessing. And i think ring sockets were mentioned that they'll have to keep an eye on the power weight it now offers since gems will have sockets for supports now. Yadda yadda yadda yadda. But it was old I believe so I'm sure it's all change by now.
But it's not two gear systems or two gem systems. It's all one game, just two stories to play through. Think of it as an expansion instead of a stand-alone game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info