Kirac's Vault

"
Genstein wrote:
From this corner, this looks really cool! Love the armour set. Really nice work. Kinda wish the lava trail dropped from higher or lower on the character. Nice touch to switch to buying with points as well as hard cash. Most tempting pass in a while for me.

Not a huge fan of the free tier's enticement to visit the Vault Pass button to collect bubblegum currency. This is a teensy bit blatent. It's a bajillion miles from "collect your voidstones from the Shop tab this league", but... Overall though, a big thumbs up.

Changed my mind on receiving more "you've unlocked a [free] vault reward" popups. The fact you can't dismiss these without going to collect your 3 Orbs of Horizons or Explorer's Scouting Reports is a decision I wish had been made differently.

To keep my feedback constructive, the issue is that it's intrusive, flashing UI which can only be dismissed by performing an action I don't want to perform, and with no option to cancel or remove it. The solution my side I can imagine at the moment (short of acceding to the will of the popup) is to use an overlay to mask that area of the PoE window.

Please, please can we have a fix for this? Right click dismiss would be just fine! Thank you.

Or to keep the marketing angle: Make free tier rewards claimable in the Kirac popup of the Atlas view. People can still admire the Vault pass contents in that window. Your unclaimed free tier reward can be dragged out of that window.

So I don't have to portal out of the hideout, walk down a corridor, and unlock a grand vault door only to receive an expired, half-eaten packet of snackfood and a tarnished groat.

(But the more I think about it, the more jarring it is to receive in-game items through an extradiagetic medium. I can appreciate you want to take this as far as you can without it being offensive or jarring. I think we were rubbing up against that point with the Atlas button, which is still irritating, and we're past that point now. If the free rewards were MTX, and did not require a physical Vault visit, we'd be back to safer territory.)
Last edited by Genstein on Apr 9, 2023, 6:49:43 AM
This is basically paying ingame currency to watch ads.

And 57 point one is basically giving your exile liquid burning diarrhea :D
A self-conscious battle pass
it's disgusting that this prompt is on my screen
You're interrupting the main gameplay loop to make me essentially watch an in-game interactive ad so I can get rid of the shining button in the "important notifications go here" part of the screen. It's disgusting.

The only other time I have seen something similar happening was when my brother played a Need for Speed mobile game, and it would prompt him to watch an ad to refill his fuel tank. In there, however, he could just click 'play' on the ad and go grab a glass of water or something, while here I'm forced to walk through a corridor (at base movement speed since this is in the town area) so you can show me the slowly opening doors and the shiny paid chests I'm missing out on - all this to be able to dismiss a notification while you give me items that I should be grabbing from mobs, not getting for walking around.

So, congratulations, GGG, you somehow managed to make a worse implementation of an in-game ad than an EA mobile game! Here's hoping for a daily login chaos orb next!
oh, actual pay to win now. well fuck.
S L O W E R
I'm noticing that the notifications have gone away (for me at least) and that all the free track rewards, even those I haven't reached yet are marked as "claimed".

I went to the vault and found that the chests I had yet to click were indeed gone so the free track thing is as good as gone.

I'm assuming this is a flag on my account from having complained here as the patch notes from some minutes ago read:

"You can now dismiss the unclaimed Kirac's Vault rewards notification with right-click. The notification will reappear when you earn a new reward, or when you next login."

Which doesn't seem to be the same change.
Could you please make the flame trail a toggle? it looks cool but it is super bright so I would like to be able to turn it off. It's the only thing stopping me from buying it. Helm looks badass

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info