[3.24]Herald of Agony CI -The dirty Scorpion-tail|Inbuilt Mageblood|Minion-Pathfinder|2M Ehp,53M dps

"
iKanks wrote:
Basically what Eralyne wrote.

Apart from terrible damage on a single target with max virulence stack, I also have a major mana regen issue. I've tried getting gear with mana regen rate, running arcane surge (leveling it as well) in links for storm burst CWDT or ball lightning and nothing seems to help.

It's getting very frustrating, as I can't deal with T15/16 map bosses...

Have you got any advice on how to fix this?

You use stormburst lvl 16? Limit it to lvl 1-2 (and storm brand also).
Use higher spell-lvl's for your own skills only while starting: later they deal almost zero damage and are further used only to generate HoA-virulences.
Change arcane surge to chance to poison (or later to faster casting).
So you will use also much less mana and will have no problems with ele-reflect maps.

You don't use curses? Get despair and sniper's mark (maps) or temporal chains (bosses).

You are already CI and don't use the golden rule-jewel for doubling the generating of HoA-virulences?

Get it and regret the evasion-mastery "survivalist" to not avoid self-poisoning.

Get a HoA-gem lvl 21 (4 chaos)

All 12 steps of maximizing HoA-damage are shown eand explained in the spoiler "Chromino's Fine Composition of Agony and Arachnophilia - Poisonchance, Virulences, HoA-levels, Withers". In endgame you will be able to reach around 20 - 30 X (!!) more damage as you scale now.

Use frostshield too for tankyness in damagepeaks and for more lazy facetanking.

Then after with these changes in the tree you nice tripple your damage and get on top a second mana-mastery:

https://pastebin.com/7W7jS9it
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 11, 2023, 12:11:42 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Budewnpa wrote:
"
klorin2 wrote:
The build is fantastic so far. I'm farming T16 Expedition and will gradually keep getting more gear upgrades if the trade site wasn't down half the time.

One tip I can recommend is to not go CI unless you can get HoAG + Determ + Grace up at the same time which for me was lvl 85. I felt too squishy before then. You can ignore this if you have the currency for all the good gear right away.

I've been running pretty heavy auras the whole time but my base ES is still trash at 84 so I haven't transitioned. I'm also kind of stuck in a poverty rut- less than 1 div to my name, somehow, still, so I'm waiting on some basic ES pieces and a skin before I go CI. Been pretty slow paced this league, still on like T13 maps at the moment.

You already have a nice CI-shield apep's slumber but did no transformed to CI?

-Get the auras up, get burning ground immunity with the pantheon (or on cluster fire attunement or on boots) when not already obtained.

- then double your practical damage with the golden rule and more poisonchance

- Also with better HoA-supports you can quadruple your damage (6 links for 3 chaos, anomalous vicious projectiles, etc.)

- and with ghastly jewels with minions chance to poison on hit you can double your damage another time.

Use despair and sniper's mark - temporal chains is only later b.i.s. with unbound ailments and united in dreams etc.

Simply take a close look for damage into all guided steps in "the composition of agony", for all needed defensive layers into "checklist defences".

Thank you for the response!

I actually picked up an Aegis Aurora off the ground yesterday so I'm using that now, but otherwise my gear is still kind of shoddy. I held of transitioning since I was under 3k ES and it felt kind of shaky, but I will probably transition today. Even pretransition with like 2k HP 1.5K ES I was pretty comfortably doing T16 maps and took down eater no worries. Damage has been pretty good too with Kalisa's- I'm thinking of getting a triggered curse somewhere too, but really it's just a matter of cost/time for now. Build is working well overall and definitely falling into place!
how about amanamu's gaze ? Just dropped one for me.

Sell it for 4.2 div or worth upgrade for herald, if i get poison chance for him.
"
Chromino wrote:

And there is one of the old HoA imba-stats announced in the cruicible-trees again: the virulences decay 30% slower, like 3.08, yeaah.

this mod was not in the release

can't find it in the list of mods here: https://poedb.tw/us/Weapon_passive
and also can't find it over the trade search items
Thinking about transitioning from VG to this, have about 10 Div to buy stuff, so could probably buy united in dreams and the rings plus aegis aurora and a six link + the clusters. You think that should be enough to get started?
I am running this as well and also having some issues in red maps:( Just got Determination, Tempest Shield, Hoag and Discipline ALL up and I feel like I still can't catch a break. I normally play builds that Delete and facetank the star boss and I even struggled killing him.

I know I can get a 21 Hoag and some other small stuff but just used all my currency on my 2nd Circle of Nostalgia ring and now I am in purgatory of trying to hit 90 but dying to random ES nonsense I don't get. I have 58% attack block and 51% spell block with my rumi's up and 30k armor and I get just overwhelmed at times :(

Do you mind looking up my profile and letting me know what you would add outside of Skin of Loyal next and Divergent HOAG etc.

Forgot to mention I am at roughly 3700 ES right now also.
Last edited by GunSm0k3d on Apr 11, 2023, 8:09:58 PM
Whats everyone who is currently CI have for ES and Block rate? I just switched over at 89 and I only have like 1900 ES currently . Clearly not enough.
"
GunSm0k3d wrote:
I am running this as well and also having some issues in red maps:( Just got Determination, Tempest Shield, Hoag and Discipline ALL up and I feel like I still can't catch a break. I normally play builds that Delete and facetank the star boss and I even struggled killing him.

I know I can get a 21 Hoag and some other small stuff but just used all my currency on my 2nd Circle of Nostalgia ring and now I am in purgatory of trying to hit 90 but dying to random ES nonsense I don't get. I have 58% attack block and 51% spell block with my rumi's up and 30k armor and I get just overwhelmed at times :(

Do you mind looking up my profile and letting me know what you would add outside of Skin of Loyal next and Divergent HOAG etc.

Forgot to mention I am at roughly 3700 ES right now also.

When I import your char into pob it calculates that there is not enough mana to reserve the auras.
Perhaps pob is buggy - but you need a HoA helmet lab-enchant with 75% efficiencies and small clusters with sublime form, uncompromising and self-control.
Best with str on the clustertransfers and 6% efficiencies, and you need the HoA-helmet-enchant, best is an eber's unification, before use a cheap rare one.

Your 230 k ehp and 100% spell suppression looks fine on first view.
Do you already have the full abberath pantheon? It's this league late in the t13 crater-map.
When not get rare boots with burning ground immunity.
When you already got it, get rainbow stride boots with high spellblock (2 chaos)
You probably don't have 100% perma flask-uptime. So you need more resis before on the small cluster sublime form and on the boots and amulet.

Next get a HoA-gem lvl 21 (4 chaos).
Get rare gloves with integrated faster casting and resis and high es, and insert there the storm burst set-up for more HoA-virulences.
Use ghost dance.
Change the mana-flask to a basalt flask for more es on block. Limit ball-lightning to lvl 1 for less mana used and less ele-reflect.
Get your 4. ascendancy for much more flask-uptime.

The tree should be like this:
https://pastebin.com/QiZerWw1
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 12, 2023, 9:18:22 AM
"
ColeonePS wrote:
Whats everyone who is currently CI have for ES and Block rate? I just switched over at 89 and I only have like 1900 ES currently . Clearly not enough.

1900 defo on the low side- I switched at 86? With like 3k ES flat, a little over 20k armor, 20k evade, 56/42 block, when flasks are up. It's enough to survive most t16 like 100quant stuff if I'm careful but I definitely do get ripped by some ugly stuff still. Lots of improving to do.
With Skin of the Lords bought, I'm now full tanking juiced expedition encounters, it's so effortless. Hang in there brothers it's a good build and worth playing!
Greetings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info