[3.24] Herald of Agony CI - The dirty Scorpion-tail|1M ehp| Inbuilt Mageblood|Minion-Pathfinder 49M

Would you say it's easier to get started in a league with pathfinder than necro because of built in mageblood+wither and easier access to dex?
Leveling tree and skills for pathfinder please!
"
Leveling tree and skills for pathfinder please!

Yes, many details of HoA-pathfinder-levelling and finetuning will be added and edited until leaguestart in the "tipps for levelling"-spoiler and in the pob.

Simply path first to more poisonchance for more HoA-virulences with the curse-mastery whispers of doom and the poison-mastery serpentine spellslinger.

I will add some more HoA-optimizations in the first days of league.

I am more the minmaxer and optimizer in lategame and not that much experienced in fast speedlevelling pathfinder.

So for high maxed pathfinder-speedracelevelling (eg. toxic rain, vaal lightning arrow or HoA) I will add a link sooooon to Balaar, or BalorMage, Palsteron, Zizaran etc...
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 1, 2023, 7:40:48 PM
"
Budewnpa wrote:
Would you say it's easier to get started in a league with pathfinder than necro because of built in mageblood+wither and easier access to dex?

Yes, in tankyness for sure the pathfinder get for free most stats on the default passive tree. A bit needed stats for 100% spell suppression are benchcrafted on boots (or alternative added on the tree) and 100% flask-uptime are used soon and useable flasks and ghastly jewels are cheap and not difficult to craft too.

Until the Hidden-Invitation everything is possible with cheapest gear (apep's slumber or rare shield), but for juiced up Sirus or Simulacrum waves 27-30 the aegis aurora shield, which is expensive in leaguestart, is needed.

When you want to reach the Ubers in the first early days of leaguestart, instead the Necro is more easy to scale up in damage. For levelling guardian and necro get earlier minoindamage too and the pathfinder only the withers-buff, which is stronger with high castspeed in lategame.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 2, 2023, 5:28:32 PM
I'm like mid-coreish (not a super pusher, will probably farm 16s in a week or so into the league), so I'm deciding if I want to this on necro or pathfinder still. I'll look forward to your guide to help me decide!
I don't know if it's a good idea but for the early (solo) leveling with PF, since you don't have access to minion gems/passives in the tree, i would go :

Until level 12
~ Anybow skill (i like Galvanic Arrow) - Added cold - Mirage Archer (clearing)
~ Ballista totem - Galvanic Arrow - Added cold (single target)
~ Precision, War banner, movement skill

Until level 18
~ Rain of Arrow - Trinity - Mirage Archer - WED
~ Precision, War banner, movement skill
~ Add Purity of Element and Sniper Mark when you can (level 24)

Until level 28
Switch Ballista totem/Galvanic for Artillery Balista (single target)
~ Artillery Balista - WED - Added cold - Focused Ballista (level 31)

Try to upgrade often bow with flat elemental dmg and its easy leveling. Level the gems needed for HoAg meanwhile.

I would swap to HoAg at Act 6 where I can get all gems, couple of 4L gear, double curse and better chance to poison. I might switch RoA for Ball of lightning at this time since its easier to build virulence.

I tested starting with SRS, Phantasms and Absolution as a ranger for early leveling and it was painful. Attack bow skill is much smoother imo.

PS: I took some POBs (not my idea) around the forums and it was the best outcome for me.

What do you think?
Last edited by Feurn on Apr 2, 2023, 1:06:37 PM
If you're leaning into flasks and poisons anyways concoction is always a pretty stable route too imo until swap.
"

If you're leaning into flasks and poisons anyways concoction is always a pretty stable route too imo until swap.

Oh yeah. I forgot about Poison conc because of the "nerf" in the patch note. But you can run multiple life flasks, it should be good. I might try this instead. Thanks for the reminder ;)
A bit of a noob question: how are you getting 95 Virulence stacks? The skill gem limits the stacks to 40 max. There must be some tech I can't see :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info