4 things Diablo 4 do better than Path of Exile right now (change my mind)

D4 forums all talk about how d4 sucks and its boring. meanwhile POE forums trolls talk about how d4 is best game ever.

i mean why not go to dam d4 forums and about about it.
Agree with points 1-3 but freedom?

All the side quests and dungeons felt extremely repetitive.
- kill all monsters in zone to unlock boss door
- kill 2-3 of specific mobs to unlock boss door
- bring artifact to pedestal to unlock boss door

Does it really matter that you can do those dungeons in any order?

It's like you're free to go anywhere u want, but once u get there you can only do 1 of 3 things. That's not freedom at all!

It depends what u prefer more. Poe is alot more complex while d4 is much more simple which has charm to it too. Titles are kinda diferent and its same as comparing apples to oranges depends on a taste. If d4 is an orange ill take a bite though, fresh meat ^^
4.) Freedom

The freedom is a joke in D4 it's just a larger time sink. Sure first char is fun and exciting. I made 4 chars all to level 25 in the past weekend to test replay. I found that all i did was a few set quests that were max exp for the region so I could stay level for the act progression. All of the dungeons once aspect was unlocked had zero value, I had already unlocked the main influence bonus, so all the "influence points from quests was just exp rewards" Again beat just enough to tag it, and move on.

got to where act 1 was about an hour or so to beat by the 3rd char. and I didn't pass gear between the alts. Hmm about the same as a league start, and I hear there are something like 6-8 acts in D4. So if I can void off any real fun and make act 1 into a quick script of about 3 dungeons, the act quests, and 1-2 stacked side quests. Cause half the side quests are go kill X and collect or find Y. And they are in the same spot so you do 3 things at same time. But 8 hours to beat D4 story mode, and about 8 hours to beat POE it's going to be boring.

So it's just new shiny. You will feel this way again in POE 2 especially as they have different ways to complete act story pieces in different order. But bottom line is it's just new. Give it about 40 hours of play and it's way more boring than POE> And if D4 season stuff happens more near end game as they mention it might. Then it will be worse as usually we get to do the league mechanic in storymode.

1.) Refund points

Refund points: is a trap: Especially for new players: they permantenly go up in cost per time you do so. With no way to reset it per charascter. If you spend your refund points early "trying" things out you quickly get to the end of act 1 with a refund cost of around 30k-40k per refund if you aren't careful and that is if you just tested / tried each skill on your way to lvl 25. So what is going to happen, is new players going to try things out through the acts to learn, get to end game and have an unsustainable refund and have to start right over again.

POE has a flat cost that is pretty linear. You can respec as many times as you want and it never changes. Also you can test every skill in the game out to find what you like without bricking your character. It might not be 1 shotting end game but it will take you through red maps if you build as terribly as possible.

D4 punishes you for trying things.

2.) small enemies-Big ones
We know this is changing in POE2. They have also did this in POE currently and everyone cried their hearts out about it sucking aka the mob reworks. And really I was bored out of my mind fighting things in D4 the only things that had any challenge was the larger bosses. Everything else was just run up hit my skills run away while waiting for cooldowns. Do it again. Or you could try and face tank everything in POE style and occasionally on a rare case die. Alkso it isn't the "big enemies" that hit like trucks that cause any problem. The small ones that nearly perma freeze you from across the screen do. I'm sure we will get some added mitigations, and resists will play more into it later. But the large enemies spent 10 minutes telegraphing the slam....

3 Teleport. - I'm fine with the no scroll thing, but on the flip side there was zero yeah a new item feel.... Even in the crap fest that is POE items. The D4 system is so boring. The game basically says you picked this up, and you should equip it. There you go you stronger. I know it gets a smidge more detailed when you get to legendaries, and have to go oh it's 100 more base dps but I lose X skill if i put it on. Cause you know huge depth there... Going back to town though could be a button and I think it would have zero impact.

"
keeperofstars wrote:
4.) Freedom

The freedom is a joke in D4 it's just a larger time sink. Sure first char is fun and exciting. I made 4 chars all to level 25 in the past weekend to test replay. I found that all i did was a few set quests that were max exp for the region so I could stay level for the act progression. All of the dungeons once aspect was unlocked had zero value, I had already unlocked the main influence bonus, so all the "influence points from quests was just exp rewards" Again beat just enough to tag it, and move on.

Um. I'm not sure you're aware of how the D4 systems work.

You're level means nothing for one. Dungeons are the main source of Rare drops which are required to craft perfect Legendary items. You do this because Rares can roll 6 while Legendary items roll 6 but one is taken up by the special Affix. Thus you run dungeons for your blueprint items.

Respect cost is also based on your level per point. You can reset the tree of just a few points.

"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
2 is +100000000 i remember when poe was like that but now people are overstimulated. The current poe is more like league of legends with mods. There are no balance ( if traps gets 1000% better than any melee skill and are safer there are no melee builds in real to choose from in point of balance or optimal playing )

current poe is more like diablo 3 where you only push without any skill needed from player but offer more gambling and more mechanics.
"
4) Freedom.

Diablo 4 seems to be a open world and full of freedom but this is only placebo.

After playing the Beta for about 90 hours the sense of freedom changed completely.

At the end of the day Diablo 4 is a very big tube design, like in mobile games.

Everything feels very linear and all dungeons are almost the same 1 way tube dungeon layouts (Those are the Endgame btw).....this is super lazy game design and will become monotonous after a very short time.

Diablo 2 and even Diablo 3 had more freedom than D4 currently has.....I realy hope that this is just a Beta thing and the final product looks completely different, but I doubt it.

And don't forget, seasons will be horrible if they keep it this way.....Just imagine collecting all the 100+ Lilith statues f.e. over and over again every season to get skill points.

Yes the game suggest freedom but at the end of the day you're forced to do everything, even all the boring activities like collecting statues.
Last edited by CroDanZ on Mar 31, 2023, 4:36:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info