4 things Diablo 4 do better than Path of Exile right now (change my mind)

****Please look: I am not saying PoE is a bad game. I play poe for 9 years, don't get me wrong. I am saying here that there is somethings that D4 is doing better right now and can actually help poe to be even a better game than what it already is.

----------------------------------------

1) Refound points

Specially for new players, the refound system in poe is terrible comparated to what i saw in D4.

I mean, you can literally respect your entire passive many times in D4 before reach lvl 15-20-25. Something that is nearly impossible in path of exile.

This is special bad for new players. I remember starting poe 9 years ago and my passive tree was a disaster and I had to delete my character at lvl 50 or 60 and start all over again.

At that time, it felt really painful and boring. I wish we had some kind of refound system A LOT better than what we have now.

Think with me: good and experienced players are not wasting points.. so it changes nothing if you give then refound points (or you think Zizaran doesnt know how to build his tree?)

But: new players REALLY need that. So there is no down side here.

2) Small enemies hits like a ant, Big Enemies hits like a TRUCK

On Diablo 4, while "Mapping", running dungeons and doing missions enemies are easy/medium difficult. Special rare/elite mobs hits a lot, but does NOT ONE SHOT YOU. You really need to worry about the BOSS in the end of mission/dungeon(map).
I like a lot this concept. PoE is somehow exactly the opposed of it. 99% of map bosses are shit and you can actually do it with your monitor turned off but meanwhile random magic mobs one shots you with 6-7k hit. To me, this always was a bad design. You see those GIGANT MONSTER called GRY7D in heist that do actually 0 damage but little spiders in delve hits you 5k damage each.
I don't like this. I never did.

3) One button to TP. No Scroll of windows as well.
So much clicking. To me, poe could get ride of wisdows and also bind a key to TP. Just like D4.

4) Freedom.

I know we are far from it (maybe not with poe2? who knows) but the best thing I had while playing D4 was this.... FREEDOM.
I could do whatever I want, instead of running the same history and quests over and over again in a line.

If you played D4 you know what I am talking about: missions, dungeons, world boss, quest sides, just walk around and explore the world and kill shit, and so on.

In PoE, we have to run the same 10 acts exactly in the same way and doing exactly the same missions.

This was by far the best thing I can point in D4 comparated to poe, and maybe (who knows what we are getting in poe2) we can fix that some day.

-------------------------------------------

Cheers
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 28, 2023, 8:52:45 PM
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2023, 4:35:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm stoked to play. I didn't play the beta on purpose, barely watched any videos. I wanted something to look forward to.
"
Royella wrote:
I'm stoked to play. I didn't play the beta on purpose, barely watched any videos. I wanted something to look forward to.

Great game.

I am a 31 years old boy and it was the first time of my life I played 50hours in 2 days in a beta game.

Definately you should take a look on it. Somethings they are doing better than poe.... others they are not.

But there is no "winner" here right? In my point of view, I would love to both games be the best they can be and when I am tired of one I can just play the other. lol
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 28, 2023, 8:56:38 PM
I agree with you on wisdom scrolls.
Most items in PoE are ignored because the effort to pick up and identify them constantly hoping for a good item isn't worth the effort.

Oh look, yet another d4 vs. Poe thread. Honestly dude, do you reckon this really needed a new topic? Can't u just post this under one of the other 486 recent threads to that topic?
I agree on points 1-3.

I get that Scrolls are nostalgia thing, but I believe we do not need that anymore as PoE managed build it's own identity and do not need throwbacks do D2 anymore.

4. Number 4, I am not sure here, I feel that after few playthroughs D4 freedom will become as much of an illusion as much as it is in PoE. Side quests will get deemed pointless, same for the dungeons and players will just rush main storyline.

Second, let's be honest, PoE campaign overall, is so bad that it is difficult to compare it to anything else. Any campaign experience will be better.

What we need in PoE is new, good campaign or ability to skip it alltogether and have alternate way of leveling into maps.
Speaking specifically on the scrolls thing, D4 did something I didn't think of; the items in D4 STILL drop unidentified, just like PoE for instance. This reduces clutter on the ground and lets you know what type of item it is because the base is what shows. Then it's ID'd upon pickup. Pretty clever imo.
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
4) Freedom.

I know we are far from it (maybe not with poe2? who knows) but the best thing I had while playing D4 was this.... FREEDOM.
I could do whatever I want, instead of running the same history and quests over and over again in a line.

cause the game is new and you've never done the story x times before. But it'll become old and stale after a few times as well. Not like d4 suddenly changed much about this aspect of having the same quests/lore over and over again.

But I do think PoE offers you quite a decent amount of freedom. Besides the unavoidable act 1-10 run you can pretty much pick whatever content you like. Not like there's a lack of freedom with the large amount of different content you can pick from lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 28, 2023, 10:39:00 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
4) Freedom.

cause the game is new and you've never done the story x times before. But it'll become old and stale after a few times as well. Not like d4 suddenly changed much about this aspect of having the same quests/lore over and over again.

But I do think PoE offers you quite a decent amount of freedom. Besides the unavoidable act 1-10 run you can pretty much pick whatever content you like. Not like there's a lack of freedom with the large amount of different content you can pick from lol

I think OP was specifically referring to the Open World aspect of D4 which, to be fair, is well done and a lot of fun.

Which is to be expected because it's basically just World of Warcraft. Blizzard clearly know how to make an MMO, even if they struggle to make a decent ARPG, because the MMO parts of D4 are by far it's strongest aspects.

That being said, I have to HARD disagree with Point 2, OP. None of the bosses in D4 did any damage, what game were you even playing? I played until level 21 before I learned you could upgrade your flasks, because I never had to. It just didn't come up. I finally died for the first time around the 6 hour mark, because I wanted to see what happened. Hillock on the Twilight Strand, a boss I've probably killed close to a thousand times at this point, is still more challenging than any boss in Diablo 4.
2) Small enemies hits like a ant, Big Enemies hits like a TRUCK

I've mentioned this countless times on the forums here. Enemy Density is this game's worst problem. So far, D4 does this pretty well. Too many of those small enemies can cause problems and the rares are properly dangerous. I even geared my characters pretty hard through both betas.

All but my Druid had full or -1 from full legendary Affix synergy.

Everyone complaining about Barb but it's very much tied to Legendary Affixes. It's like this with all classes. Some more than others. You think Rogue is decent. Then you can solo the world boss in 1 minute. This is a problem of course. Much like Necro's 8 way synergy with Corpse Explosion.

While the enemy density and the difficulty for types feels right there's also some outright belligerent combos I found that make the game a joke. But there's no telling where in development we played. The game could certainly use more skills and Legendary affixes are problematic.

The 1 min world boss Rogue kill is real btw though I'm certain they farmed a lvl 35 mob for rares because we used very similar builds and they were surviving hits they shouldn't have so easily.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info