Maven Fight is nothing but annoying and should be removed

The Maven fight is just to overpowered and should be removed, much like the Sirus fight, it should not be key to completing the Atlas, something you might want to try on occasion but not critical to moving froward on the tree..... The fight really just s....... I have tried this on the present league at least 8 times with 4 different reasonably good builds and all of them were just beaten up by ground kills usually.

Now everyone can go ahead and rip me up for whatever so they might feel better, your build sucks or whatever....

Diablo 4 plays pretty well and not much frustration in how it plays, maybe that is the next game to spend to much time playing.... Money may be better spent on it.
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2023, 3:52:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
sirus is way harder then maven, world eaters harder then maven, heck even asiris is harder for me then maven .

only hard part for maven is dps check(5mil) and memory game (its easy)

no idea whats so hard a bout it. if you learn a bit about maven mechanics its dam easy
How about you learn the fight better did you think about that?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Comparing act 1 beta gameplay to a difficult end game boss fight seems a little silly. And if its ground effects that are killing you it sounds like you arent keeping the chilled ground DoT areas confined to one location.
I have memory of a fly...
"
sgar465 wrote:
I have tried this on the present league at least 8 times with 4 different reasonably good builds and all of them were just beaten up by ground kills usually.

Are you refering to the ground degens? Those are an annoying threat that you have to manage by luring them into places where they won't interfere with your movement around the arena.

If you can afford to stand inside of the degens for a few seconds, you can try stacking them in the middle. Otherwise, I'd suggest hugging the outer edge when the balls that form the degens are incoming.

They make a nice distinctive ping noise when they activate, though it's still easy to miss if you're more focused on what Maven herself is doing.
Even if OP had a valid point about Maven being too difficult I'd disagree very strongly.

Removing content just because YOU don't like it makes about as much sense as demanding that a restaurant stop serving everything except the dishes you want to order, even if those dishes continue to satisfy other customers.
Maven can be hard if you have low DPS and she summons the most hated map bosses in the brain phases.
"
Jadian wrote:
"
sgar465 wrote:
I have tried this on the present league at least 8 times with 4 different reasonably good builds and all of them were just beaten up by ground kills usually.

Are you refering to the ground degens? Those are an annoying threat that you have to manage by luring them into places where they won't interfere with your movement around the arena.

If you can afford to stand inside of the degens for a few seconds, you can try stacking them in the middle. Otherwise, I'd suggest hugging the outer edge when the balls that form the degens are incoming.

They make a nice distinctive ping noise when they activate, though it's still easy to miss if you're more focused on what Maven herself is doing.

Degens around the outer edge would still screw you in the latest phase when you'd need to squeeze through the lasers. I found placing them all at the exact center of arena to be a far better option. Even if you're melee, you can still attack the nucleus without touching degens, and have full freedom otherwise. This way Maven also won't happen to be standing inside the degen at last phase.
As for Sirus, he has only one scary move, and you need to keep track on only that move's cooldown: teleport followed by tracking die beam salvo. All other moves can be evaded as is, but when you know he is nearing the next teleport move, stop attacking to see things clearly, and make sure your movement skill isn't on cooldown to be able to catch up to him and sidestep the beam at point-blank range. Then resume attacking him during all other moves as usual
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 30, 2023, 8:43:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info