Checking in on PoE: What happened to Exalts???

"
Mendujo wrote:

I guess you don't want SSF, because you want trade? How often do you want clear start in perma league? Every time they would need to add now extra perma league - how many we would end up with after a year or two? Where would all toons from current temp leagues go? to old old standard? to old new standard? or maybe newest standard? This seems like a lot of cost for little to no benefits. Fresh start is in every temp league.

Everyone had equal chances - and they have same amount of exalts as before, they are just perceived as less by people. When Aura Stacking was nerfed, those poor souls that had expensive, multimirror gear lost way more, should they also be compensated by GGG for game balance changes? Same goes with all other nerfed builds. Change is part of life, not only in video games (and no, pixels don't even come close to real life money).

oh it will require a separate database, changing whole way of importing temp leagues to standard as there will be more standard leagues now (and there were issues with it before already), also, it will make a question of how often new standard leagues should be released, because for sure someone that will start year from now will want a "fresh perma league to start in". What with items that will become legacies, should they be allowed to be taken into new perma league after temp league ends? PoE have temp leagues for fresh starts

If you ask about me specifically, no, I don't want trade. If SSF allowed group play with permanent allocation and party trade disabled, I'd go there.

My suggestion was one fresh start with a permanent league, to clear legacy items and also make exp penalty to be time-based, e.g. trigger only on successive deaths. If you die once per 50 juiced T16 maps, I'd say character is still fine, damage scaling spikes are bad, for both players and monsters.

Aura stacking items did not lose value - aura staking is still meta regardless of what skill you play, aurabots are still attributes of the very top elite parties and rotas, and cost an arm and a leg to build.

About importing, no, I never said anything about allowing migration to or from there. Dump ground already exists, for better or worse. Main point is having permanent progress without being impeded by GGG design flaws. Current temp leagues have very strict time limits, they dictate when you should play and when you can stop. Enter league too late and you cannot trade at all because market is already cornered. And don't have time to SSF because it only lasts 3 months
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 24, 2023, 10:06:05 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:

Which is exactly why you still cannot understand me after so many posts. We are not corporate and don't answer to one. And do not want to be one.

Yup thats what they all say - until they are successful.
Its easy to follow and promote ideals when nothing is at stake.

At least I do understand now why you are so extremely negative about the game.
No wonder, if you decided to create an internal echo chamber for just that and also young/naive enough to believe in ideals.
"
Echothesis wrote:

My suggestion was one fresh start with a permanent league, to clear legacy items and also make exp penalty to be time-based, e.g. trigger only on successive deaths. If you die once per 50 juiced T16 maps, I'd say character is still fine, damage scaling spikes are bad, for both players and monsters.

So not only a fresh league but an easy mode too now? I'd be more happy with a one portal per map and losing all picked items on death (like heist), would be nice if GGG could add a separate league with separate rules for every single person with that person own desired rules and modifications, because it seems like you just want your own, personal league (I wouldn't bother to play if GGG would do something like this)

"
Echothesis wrote:
Aura stacking items did not lose value - aura staking is still meta regardless of what skill you play, aurabots are still attributes of the very top elite parties and rotas, and cost an arm and a leg to build.

You're confusing two different things - I'm not talking about aurabots, but aura stackers - builds that could delete everything SOLO without any danger, they didn't need any group. And yes those legacy items lost a lot of market value and power.
PoE player: "I do not condone of profile shaming but if you have a private profile its also considered disrespectful" - I am disrespectful because I want privacy, I value it higher -_-
Last edited by Mendujo on Mar 24, 2023, 10:24:40 AM
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

Which is exactly why you still cannot understand me after so many posts. We are not corporate and don't answer to one. And do not want to be one.

Yup thats what they all say - until they are successful.
Its easy to follow and promote ideals when nothing is at stake.

At least I do understand now why you are so extremely negative about the game.
No wonder, if you decided to create an internal echo chamber for just that and also young/naive enough to believe in ideals.

What exactly is at stake here?) I am talking about adding options, not radically altering like div-ex swap was. Loot pickup pets are already implemented, I've seen talk about them in some old reddit posts years ago. People who pride themselves in making character who can reach 100 deathless despite all the BS and farm mirrors with hyper-optimized MF builds will still be a league above (literally) of commoners. Their hubris will remain intact, don't worry :)
"
Mendujo wrote:

So not only a fresh league but an easy mode too now? I'd be more happy with a one portal per map and losing all picked items on death (like heist), would be nice if GGG could add a separate league with separate rules for every single person with that person own desired rules and modifications, because it seems like you just want your own, personal league (I wouldn't bother to play if GGG would do something like this)

You're confusing two different things - I'm not talking about aurabots, but aura stackers - builds that could delete everything SOLO without any danger, they didn't need any group. And yes those legacy items lost a lot of market value and power.

"Easy mode" was sort of continuation of another thread where Orbaal went at me too :)

Maybe I am mistaken about aura items, never had one anyway. But items are not currency, they are subject to change by definition. While currency is supposed to be the meta value carrier, and any fixes to it should be done slowly and carefully, instead of letting things spiral out of control for years, then dropping the nuke.

If you disagree, okay. I am sincerely glad that you manage to enjoy what this game has now.
"
Echothesis wrote:

"Easy mode" was sort of continuation of another thread where Orbaal went at me too :)

Well, don't get me wrong, but I'm not interested in your discussion with Orbaal that had place in different topic. All I can say I play PoE because difficulty level and elitism, thats how my friends convinced me to start playing after D3 fiasco.

"
Echothesis wrote:
Maybe I am mistaken about aura items, never had one anyway.

Aurabot is a toon build around giving auras to others, most of the time without having/using dps skills. Aura stacker was using auras and heralds to get insane dmg % increase for himself for each aura/herald he had and aura strenght for each herald... but to summ it up, aura stacker used his own auras and heralds to get insane dps and survi.

"
Echothesis wrote:
But items are not currency, they are subject to change by definition. While currency is supposed to be the meta value carrier, and any fixes to it should be done slowly and carefully, instead of letting things spiral out of control for years, then dropping the nuke.
Currency is also subject to change (value) by definition as well. Everything is subject to change. It was a good change overall, and any external action from GGG to "compensate" would be a huge mistake - at what rate would you value exalts? Would GGG have to generate milions of chaos orbs out of blue into the market? That was the easiest and most efficient solution for the game. Any other would mess things up even more.

Like now, how would you compensate OP after so long time after the change? In chaos orbs? at what rate? Rate from change time or divine rate from the moment he wrote a post? What about people who havn't played for years, would they be compensated? Last question - what would happen with chaos value after GGG would compensate those people generating chaos orbs out of blue?

"
Echothesis wrote:
I am sincerely glad that you manage to enjoy what this game has now.
If I wouldn't enjoy the game I wouldn't join and write on the forum. I do enjoy the game, many games, like Eve Online where you lose your entire ship, equipment and loot when you die. I would assume everone here like PoE, because why would they play a game they don't enjoy?
PoE player: "I do not condone of profile shaming but if you have a private profile its also considered disrespectful" - I am disrespectful because I want privacy, I value it higher -_-
Last edited by Mendujo on Mar 24, 2023, 11:04:51 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:

Maybe I am mistaken about aura items, never had one anyway. But items are not currency, they are subject to change by definition. While currency is supposed to be the meta value carrier, and any fixes to it should be done slowly and carefully, instead of letting things spiral out of control for years, then dropping the nuke.

If you disagree, okay. I am sincerely glad that you manage to enjoy what this game has now.

I dont play standard league but yes I agree they shouldnt have done it like this. At the same time I dont know if i wouldn't have done the same mistake myself if i was the one in charge.

At least they didnt do this during POE2.
"
Mendujo wrote:

Well, don't get me wrong, but I'm not interested in your discussion with Orbaal that had place in different topic. All I can say I play PoE because difficulty level and elitism, thats how my friends convinced me to start playing after D3 fiasco.

Currency is also subject to change (value) by definition as well. Everything is subject to change. It was a good change overall, and any external action from GGG to "compensate" would be a huge mistake - at what rate would you value exalts? Would GGG have to generate milions of chaos orbs out of blue into the market? That was the easiest and most efficient solution for the game. Any other would mess things up even more.

Like now, how would you compensate OP after so long time after the change? In chaos orbs? at what rate? Rate from change time or divine rate from the moment he wrote a post? What about people who havn't played for years, would they be compensated? Last question - what would happen with chaos value after GGG would compensate those people generating chaos orbs out of blue?

It is refreshing to hear someone freely admit he is here for elitism show, instead of spamming "gitgud" arguments. Respect, man :). I didn't mean you should've reacted to that easy mode phrase, was just saying where it came from.

About compensating, current situation is beyond salvaging, you are right. Maybe its possible to partially revert the swap like I said in earlier post here about crafts would cost 1 ex + 1 div and such. But imo better to go for new beginning without GGG time constraints. And to finally stop pretending current Standard is anything more than waste disposal ground :)
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 24, 2023, 11:16:26 AM
I'm sure this change benefited someone's bottom line IRL.
"
Jadian wrote:
GGG swapped around the uses of Exalts and Divines on the crafting bench, and removed the 6-link -> Divine vendor recipe (now provides 20 fusings).

Partially due to design space: people rarely slammed with Exalted Orbs because of how useful they were for crafting, and people would use Divine Orbs on all their gear to perfect it because they were rarely used for crafting--which also took away some of the value for uniques that dropped "well rolled".

Partially to cut off an emerging meta: iirc, the league immediately before the change, the community got its hands on a way to determine what every result is for Timeless Jewels. People could tell their tools what conquered passives they're looking for, see what seeds provided the best results, then spam Divines until they get the perfect Timeless Jewel.

Think it's kinda funny since I still don't slam any meaningful items.
Only thing I slam is rare jewels for a last fourth mod.

I also slammed some invitations for a the 80% quant invitation challenge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info