Checking in on PoE: What happened to Exalts???

[Standard btw]

Why are Exalts like, 20 Chaos? And Divine Orbs are what Exalts were?

Pretty annoying that my stashed currency turned upside down for no reason and now I'm poor again.
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2023, 6:07:22 AM
"
ShadyC wrote:
[Standard btw]

Why are Exalts like, 20 Chaos? And Divine Orbs are what Exalts were?

Pretty annoying that my stashed currency turned upside down for no reason and now I'm poor again.

ggg got tired of punishing players by just invalidating their builds every league and found a way to invalidate their currency too!

TLDR they made divines the currency for meta crafting, removed easy access to them and destroyed the economy youre lucky the prices settled for a while divines were 350+c
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last edited by RitualMurder on Mar 20, 2023, 9:40:35 PM
GGG swapped around the uses of Exalts and Divines on the crafting bench, and removed the 6-link -> Divine vendor recipe (now provides 20 fusings).

Partially due to design space: people rarely slammed with Exalted Orbs because of how useful they were for crafting, and people would use Divine Orbs on all their gear to perfect it because they were rarely used for crafting--which also took away some of the value for uniques that dropped "well rolled".

Partially to cut off an emerging meta: iirc, the league immediately before the change, the community got its hands on a way to determine what every result is for Timeless Jewels. People could tell their tools what conquered passives they're looking for, see what seeds provided the best results, then spam Divines until they get the perfect Timeless Jewel.
They swapped ex with d for meta crafting.

It's been a good change tho cause we now get to ex slam potential items more often without losing tons of currency.
using divines on items to max their stats is quite a rare case since it's not really worth it the gamble most of the times.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 20, 2023, 10:20:30 PM
"
Pashid wrote:

It's been a good change tho cause we now get to ex slam potential items more often without losing tons of currency.
using divines on items to max their stats is quite a rare case since it's not really worth it the gamble most of the times.

You could have done that for literally 15c using LEO before LOL...which by the way got removed cuz we need a little salt in our eyes after every stupid mistake
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 21, 2023, 3:03:25 AM
Apparently you should have diversified your assets, those 300 ex in bank, you should have transformed them somehow into 1000 ex AA or 500 ex mirror shards.

Apparently it is Your own fault if you where not rich enough to transform those ex into AA.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Mar 21, 2023, 8:30:22 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
Apparently you should have diversified your assets, those 300 ex in bank, you should have transformed them somehow into 1000 ex AA or 500 ex mirror shards.

Apparently it is Your own fault if you where not rich enough to transform those ex into AA.

Yea but if I have 245 ex and cannot buy a mirror because I used exalts before how does that change anything :(...

It's like stating change your money into euros...and if euro goes down you are saying that maybe you should have changed euros into the bigger conversion currency at that point...

In my country when they changed leu value accordingly to dollar value people have been left out of homes literally because everyone who had hopes for leu and didn't convert to dollar lost literally everything ...cuz now even if they do go to dollar from leu the conversation has been already made and the value is not the same if they would haven gone from leu to dollar prior...

Economy should be stable with small fluctuations cuz that's how economy works, not shift it different to another design...That's literally how people end up in the streets while saving all their lives..

What you are saying is like invest everything in something that doesn't lose value which is not how every person prepares itself and definitely not in a game.

I do not want to learn economy while playing POE just to get value out of my currency that shifts according to GGG...This is the worst design ever if you need to redisgn everything after 10 years just to keep it fresh
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 21, 2023, 9:52:48 AM
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:

You could have done that for literally 15c using LEO before LOL...which by the way got removed cuz we need a little salt in our eyes after every stupid mistake

Which required once again unsafe trading while you can do the ex slam pretty much on your own whenever you want.
I can pretty much attempt to slam something useful on multiple items more often rather than being limited by syndicate progress or worthless third party junk like tft lol

But hey it's about the same in price again, just way easier for everyone.
So nothing has changed after all unless you care too much about your worthless standard currency.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 21, 2023, 12:05:40 PM
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

Yea but if I have 245 ex and cannot buy a mirror because I used exalts before how does that change anything :(...

It's like stating change your money into euros...and if euro goes down you are saying that maybe you should have changed euros into the bigger conversion currency at that point...

In my country when they changed leu value accordingly to dollar value people have been left out of homes literally because everyone who had hopes for leu and didn't convert to dollar lost literally everything ...cuz now even if they do go to dollar from leu the conversation has been already made and the value is not the same if they would haven gone from leu to dollar prior...

Economy should be stable with small fluctuations cuz that's how economy works, not shift it different to another design...That's literally how people end up in the streets while saving all their lives..

What you are saying is like invest everything in something that doesn't lose value which is not how every person prepares itself and definitely not in a game.

I do not want to learn economy while playing POE just to get value out of my currency that shifts according to GGG...This is the worst design ever if you need to redisgn everything after 10 years just to keep it fresh

Wisdom scrolls are always stable mate
"
Pashid wrote:

So nothing has changed after all unless you care too much about your worthless standard currency.

This is really nice argument. Somehow, Standard players do not attempt to deny league players the right to play the way they want, but from the other side, devil's advocates like you honestly believe that gameplay options not appealing to you personally should not exist at all.

On its own, div-ex swap may have been "reasonable" for league-only players. However, not only there was 0 thought in GGG about its impact on Standard, but mr. Wilson actually had the audacity to publicly say that losing most of currency to a patch was players own fault, for not diversifying their investments.

Is this kind of attitude to players really worth defending, not to mention calling people who disagree worthless?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info