Diablo 4 is POE KILLER !!.

Steam player count doesn't include anyone who bought the game at launch. You had to re-buy the game to play it on Steam even if you already owned it so those numbers will never tell you anything.

Season 3 is incredibly bad and I can't see people sticking around for long. I can't believe they went backwards from Season 2. This was probably the last battle pass I'll ever get for D4. Three seasons and the game still isn't even close to as good as Diablo 3.
Flawed as steam numbers are, they are pretty much the only reliable number we have

Blizzard has been extremely quiet about any number around D4, market-related sites dont even acknowledge the game's existence. I woudnt be surprised if the average shareholder from activision-blizz turned to be simply not aware D4 even exists, really, we dont even have a sales number! We only have a VERY roundabout number about income that informal sources have divided by price to grasp something resembling a sales number
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

Season 3 is incredibly bad and I can't see people sticking around for long. I can't believe they went backwards from Season 2. This was probably the last battle pass I'll ever get for D4. Three seasons and the game still isn't even close to as good as Diablo 3.

This season does look like a massive step backwards after some promising baby steps with S1 & S2, I have 6k platinum I got for free due to a bug & wouldn't even use that on an S3 battle pass.
Well DiabloImmoral hit the nail on the head I think. Season 3 is an utter failure. Running trap gauntlets is killing Diablo 4 Season 3. The only reason I don't think it is quite as bad as PoE Lab is that PoE Lab was a core part of the game. When Season 4 comes all the boring trap crap will disappear.

I hope PoE sees a good spike of players returning after the season 3 disaster.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
ngl turtledove was the first person I thought of with s3's ...everything.

It is so bad. Untenable disaster. I don't want devs to lose their jobs, not in the current climate, but someone needs to answer to wtf happened here.

I miss being a badass vampire.

Still playing Vanilla/eternal with friends once a week but with fuck knows how many excellent games from last year, I will get the BP shit (had leftover plat and the skins are actually good...of course they are) and fuck right off.

A pity LE isn't on ps5 but eh I never really liked that one despite its obvious quality and earnest moves to respond to PoE's biggest shortcomings in terms of elegance and UX.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 25, 2024, 5:36:32 PM
"

It is so bad. Untenable disaster. I don't want devs to lose their jobs, not in the current climate, but someone needs to answer to wtf happened here.

Still playing Vanilla/eternal with friends once a week but with fuck knows how many excellent games from last year, I will get the BP shit (had leftover plat and the skins are actually good...of course they are) and fuck right off.

A pity LE isn't on ps5 but eh I never really liked that one despite its obvious quality and earnest moves to respond to PoE's biggest shortcomings in terms of elegance and UX.

I was thinking of tinkering around with Eternal. I too miss Season 2. Lots of fun! I bought PalWorld instead of playing Eternal. Haven't played it enough yet though to have an opinion. The buzz around it is very encouraging though.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 25, 2024, 7:01:15 PM
It's confirmed, Diablo Immortal has killed PoE
Killed Uber Hillock in the lvl 100 Twilight Strand with a rusty spoon.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

I was thinking of tinkering around with Eternal. I too miss Season 2. Lots of fun! I bought PalWorld instead of playing Eternal. Haven't played it enough yet though to have an opinion. The buzz around it is very encouraging though.

So the past few patches did enough to make it tolerable imo.

Spiderbot is much stronger.

Traps are negligible given each pearl gives 10 wards rather than 3, and after murdering every herald I can I am swimming in pearls.

The whisper tremors give an easy 10 favor (kill 100, 3 obelisks to get cores, kill herald after spending cores -- a very obvious and simple loop).

And even if you don't open the bonus chests after a vault, the NM versions still give glyph xp and NM vaults are far quicker and easier than dungeons so...I havent even touched a NM dungeon yet.

Still a shit concept but they have basically patched all threat of the traps out and turned spiderbot into a decent source of power. Strolling through it as my first Spear Necro.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
There is no question this seasons iteration was a step back. However I think some of the experimental aspects on skills is a win. It lays the groundwork for additional customization options going forward.

And while I understand some, especially here, long for a more sweaty, lengthy, arpg experience, I appreciate the low stakes that D4 offers. I don't really want more than 40 or so hours each season. I typically make one build, play casually in solo or groups, get to 100, and kill most bosses. (Expect fucking Lilith which is a bullshit fight imo). Oh yeah, and skipping the campaign? Thank god.

If anyone thinks the expansion that's coming, with a new playable class, won't sell like crazy, that's delusional. There is definitely a D4 audience, and they are not crying on Reddit, YouTube comment sections, trolling in Twitch chat, and so on...

D4 respects my time, I can play from my couch, my friends enjoy it, and quite frankly, that's the bottom line. Absolutely worth the money I've put in.

I'm also looking forward to LE, which is actually a decent middle ground from PoE to D4. You wont (likely) get thousands of hours out of it, but that's entirely the point.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 7, 2024, 12:10:47 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
There is no question this seasons iteration was a step back. However I think some of the experimental aspects on skills is a win. It lays the groundwork for additional customization options going forward.

And while I understand some, especially here, long for a more sweaty, lengthy, arpg experience, I appreciate the low stakes that D4 offers. I don't really want more than 40 or so hours each season. I typically make one build, play casually in solo or groups, get to 100, and kill most bosses. (Expect fucking Lilith which is a bullshit fight imo). Oh yeah, and skipping the campaign? Thank god.

If anyone thinks the expansion that's coming, with a new playable class, won't sell like crazy, that's delusional. There is definitely a D4 audience, and they are not crying on Reddit, YouTube comment sections, trolling in Twitch chat, and so on...

D4 respects my time, I can play from my couch, my friends enjoy it, and quite frankly, that's the bottom line. Absolutely worth the money I've put in.

I'm also looking forward to LE, which is actually a decent middle ground from PoE to D4. You wont (likely) get thousands of hours out of it, but that's entirely the point.

Yeah yeah
We get it
You hate PoE and what it has to offer
And you want to play D4 and think D4 is clearly superior in every single way

You could just go and post on their forums.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info