which GPU should I use to properly play POE in comfort?

"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
@Crimvaal
Except if you actually read what OP asked, you would've seen that he asked if his current GPU is enough, which might be. It's beyond obvious that CPU is a much larger bottle neck than GPU for PoE, and if that is the case for OP, it would be a much better purchase for overall PC performance, not just gaming. Not bringing up CPU nor PSU when GPU is the subject of conversation is just unfathomable stupidity, even more so when 3050 suggests required system power of 550w and 1650 suggested PSU is 250w.
First of all nothing indicated that OP is currently using a 1650 and considers upgrading to a 3050. If they had a 1650 right now they could simply boot up the game and check if the game runs within their expectation. Other than that there is currently no need to bring CPU's into that debate. You don't know their target resolution, refresh rate, potential other hardware used in their current or future build.

Oh and just for your interest you don't need a 550w psu on a 3050 build. That card draws 115w to 130w max. Throw in a somewhat modern cpu and you're looking at a 450w psu at best - and that is with plenty headroom.

Again, all speculation because only op knows. They asked which would be a better pick, we delivered. In that case the 3050, no doubt. Cheers.
Last edited by RoryF_GGG on Mar 7, 2023, 4:11:20 PM
Exactly, you're speculating just as much without any tangible proof and you have to be obnoxious about it, without, again, even knowing if OPs PC would handle it, or if even he knows what he would need to change or not. GTX 1650 gpu is good enough to play with comfort. That's the question answered.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Mar 7, 2023, 4:25:34 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
Exactly, you're speculating just as much without any tangible proof and you have to be obnoxious about it, without, again, even knowing if OPs PC would handle it, or if even he knows what he would need to change or not. GTX 1650 gpu is good enough to play with comfort. That's the question answered.
Whether or not their pc can handle it is none of my nor yours business. They presented two options, I recommended the better one. The rest is up to them, not us. Unless they specifically ask for further advice or specific upgrade paths you're doing just the same - speculating. Sometimes less is more. ;)
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

Op's setup is likely able to handle both a 1650 or 3050, otherwise they wouldn't have asked about the two gpu's in particular.
Op is fine with either of them but the 3050 is just the better choice cause the gpu is more up to date and also able to handle newer games without problems.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 7, 2023, 4:43:04 PM
"
@xPiranha
Yours is too clogged with Quin69 or something?

Nah I just alt tab and Quin well..he's loud I don't dabble with his content.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
So, speculating to give better and more embracing information is bad, sometimes less is more but go with more, except when it's PSU then bare minimum is ok, and whether or not their pc can handle it is none of our business, even when he specifically asks us which can handle it (comfortably) making it specifically our business, is also bad. I'm glad we made that clear. Still go with 1650, OP, it's more than fine.

"
xPiranha wrote:

Nah I just alt tab and Quin well..he's loud I don't dabble with his content.

I mean, two is better than one, but people will complain sometimes less is more, so you use less energy, but you don't need to alt tab with two screens which makes it for more optimal play and even play with two accounts at the same time which is even more optimal, but you'd need a third screen... Idk, you do you man.

Edit: Understandable, have a nice day.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Mar 7, 2023, 5:22:56 PM
is what it is I just thought it was funny at the time. I've got a 2nd monitor I just never use it.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
SiAnKo wrote:
depends on your build I guess.

I play with an 6800XT GPU and 5800x3d CPU, and still got some laggs all arround the place.

Get the best you can get and pray

Just to add to this because i recently got new pc, Ryzen 5600x and 6700XT.

I play in 1080p and i can enjoy stable 144fps for the most part with dips to 60-80fps here and there, but overall it's very smooth experience.

More importantly, before this i had Ryzen 2700 and nvidia 1050. Was ok for me even at 30fps, but i wanted full galore for D4 and PoE2.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 7, 2023, 7:40:12 PM
Im doing with fine 50fps at 1440p with GTX 970. The internet connection is the real bottleneck for me. Sometimes I wish lived in Europe.
mine is somewhat an extreme case but I went from a 1070/6600k/z170/16mb ram (dont remember speed) on a 2K 60hz to a 4090/13600K/z790/32GB DDR4 CL 14 on a 144hz 4k and the difference JUST FROM THE MONITOR refresh rate is INSANE. POE plays so smooth now its like a whole different game. And Im certain the refresh rate is making a big diffeence becuase my laptop was a 2070 60hz and I upgraded that to a 3070ti 144hz and its just as smooth but if I display the laptop on a 60hz monitor its same old POE circa 2014
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Mar 7, 2023, 9:58:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info