[3.22] Sunblast Self-Chill Explosive Trap Trickster

Thank you for updating your youtube-guide. This will be my leaguestarter.

The build looks great.
League started this last league and it was great if you want to do fast invitations, harvest, essenses, expedition and bossing. For uber bossing i needed to invest way more than i first tought but at the end i were farming all ubers like a joke. With min/maxed gear i did 10minute feared runs (without mageblood) that is insane and i will probably never to it fast with any other char :D

Would recommend this if you have played few poe seasons and know basics. Would recommend +2aoe cospriss will with high chaos resistance for making things to craft so much more chill and saving skill points so dont have to spec +1 curse on tree

Most of the stuff he has explained in his youtube videos and the crafting vids makes your life so much easier and cheaper. You should self craft all of your rares to save money :D
Hi guys,

I have a question about the guardskills in this build.

The earlygame version of this build uses Molten Shell. After transitionin to selfchill it uses Immortal Call. Why is that and shouldn't it be the other way around?
Immortal Call has a very short uptime. But in a normal CWDT setup it is up exactly when you need it. You get hit Immortal Call procs and keeps you alive for a short time, so you can recover from that hit. In the selfchill setup Immortal Call will just randomly be procced by Forbidden Rite while you are moving between packs. Isn't that almost useless with its very short uptime?
Molten Shell on the other hand will be up about half of the time. So it will function similar to Heartstopper. And with Molten Shell we could save a gemslot and just put it on leftclick.

What am I not understanding?
Hello, I would appreciate any help regadring build, as not sure what i do wrong. I just trasitioned to self-chill not long ago and was trying to get some boss farming and went for my favourite Shaper Guardian rotation. However I am not able to finish The Formed invitation (it's just white for higher chances). Failed it 2 times already and seems like i hit the wall, as don't find any noticable upgrades in range like 2 divs that would help me with bossing. Any tips please?

https://pobb.in/pYL7VLsAeFub
Please give me some pointers on what I am doing wrong.
I can't raise crit to 100% and the dps is ridiculously low.
My current pob:https://pastebin.com/nNSc9uVc

ps. My nickname in the game is Go_Go_Do_Map.
My Standard forum shop

VISIT

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/734119/page/1/#p6480094
Last edited by Herezja on Aug 26, 2023, 3:40:20 AM
"
Aillass wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a question about the guardskills in this build.

The earlygame version of this build uses Molten Shell. After transitionin to selfchill it uses Immortal Call. Why is that and shouldn't it be the other way around?
Immortal Call has a very short uptime. But in a normal CWDT setup it is up exactly when you need it. You get hit Immortal Call procs and keeps you alive for a short time, so you can recover from that hit. In the selfchill setup Immortal Call will just randomly be procced by Forbidden Rite while you are moving between packs. Isn't that almost useless with its very short uptime?
Molten Shell on the other hand will be up about half of the time. So it will function similar to Heartstopper. And with Molten Shell we could save a gemslot and just put it on leftclick.

What am I not understanding?

You aren't missing anything. I switch auras depending on content. For Uber Uber Elder I usually run Determination, and for other Ubers I will run a dual herald setup + Grace instead. Immortal Call works for both setups and requires less fiddling, but its better if I'm not running Determination and have middling armour for it to generate the shell with.
Hello,
first of all I wanted to thank you for the build you shared to the public.
Some introduction:
Spoiler
I really enjoyed speedrunning as a mapper and I really like speedrunning bosses with explosive trap. Explosive Traps with Sunblast feel like a popping popcorn. I switched to the ET from Icicle Mine traps starer.

I usually check the content provided throughly, such us ytube vids, etc and then I ask questions, not to bother with questions that were already answered. I think I couldn't find answers for 4 things. I'd really appreciate the help :)

Selfchill + Brine King Pantheon:
Does 50% reduced chill effect actually boost us or not? It says reduced effect, meaning actuall what? We are reducing the effect that is later reserved, thus this passive nerfs us? I want to know since this is a one time change.

Explosive Trap with Divergent Quality:
Even with having 21/20, we don't need to bother about double cold conversion anymore? I mean 2x 25% conversion mod(crafted or pinnacle implicit).

Cooldown recovery rate for throwing traps vs traps throwing speed?

4 second selfchill - you have such duration during the vid, I am just having 2 seconds.

It's quite hard getting resistances capped, together with chaos res but I am fine now :)
I've been browsing your poeninja profile for constant enlightenment, but atm you are sky high :)
"
Horken007 wrote:
Hello,
first of all I wanted to thank you for the build you shared to the public.
Some introduction:
Spoiler
I really enjoyed speedrunning as a mapper and I really like speedrunning bosses with explosive trap. Explosive Traps with Sunblast feel like a popping popcorn. I switched to the ET from Icicle Mine traps starer.

I usually check the content provided throughly, such us ytube vids, etc and then I ask questions, not to bother with questions that were already answered. I think I couldn't find answers for 4 things. I'd really appreciate the help :)

Selfchill + Brine King Pantheon:
Does 50% reduced chill effect actually boost us or not? It says reduced effect, meaning actuall what? We are reducing the effect that is later reserved, thus this passive nerfs us? I want to know since this is a one time change.

Explosive Trap with Divergent Quality:
Even with having 21/20, we don't need to bother about double cold conversion anymore? I mean 2x 25% conversion mod(crafted or pinnacle implicit).

Cooldown recovery rate for throwing traps vs traps throwing speed?

4 second selfchill - you have such duration during the vid, I am just having 2 seconds.

It's quite hard getting resistances capped, together with chaos res but I am fine now :)
I've been browsing your poeninja profile for constant enlightenment, but atm you are sky high :)

1. you do NOT want to get reduced chill effect. it will brick the build and you'll only get 15% instead of 30%

2. that's correct. with divergent you only need 10% more from gloves, so you can either bench a different prefix or use a different implicit. I think the Cold Exposure one is BiS

3. explosive trap is not a cooldown based trap, so CDR doesnt help it. You want Trap Throwing Speed

4. You are probably missing Lethe Shade on tree. That doubles the 2s to 4s.

cheers!
Hi,

Yes! What you wrote is so much on point :)
tyvm for super quick response

cheers!

btw: how about life regen? I am using a vitiality so far
Last edited by Horken007 on Sep 9, 2023, 7:01:49 AM
"
Horken007 wrote:
Hi,

Yes! What you wrote is so much on point :)
tyvm for super quick response

cheers!

btw: how about life regen? I am using a vitiality so far

Vitality is good.

Other options:

1) Roll a suffix on boots or chest. Check my chest for example (my chest is cheap, cost 6d to make)

2) Lethal Pride has life regen on it if you search for it

3) Rot-Resistant on a chaos small cluster. Also helps with chaos capping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info