[3.22] Sunblast Self-Chill Explosive Trap Trickster

"
Ohmnivore wrote:
"
1) You really want 50% conversion to cold combined from various sources. Its important because it's all the access you have to brittle. 10% less of that (say you only have the mastery) and you are getting 20% less brittle than you would otherwise, and brittle is an important piece of the crit puzzle.

2) I have to path there in order to get the cold mastery. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your question or not, but it's a means to an end. I don't think the 5 passive points are worth traveling for by themselves, there are other more high value passive targets imho.

If you are asking if we get ANY benefit from Phys as extra Cold, the answer is yes. We get all the phys as extra as you get "credit" for it before it is converted. That's why the Balance of Terror jewel with self-cast ele weakness is so strong.

3) One-phase Ubers is probably in the 100-150m pinnacle damage range, provided you are preloading everything correctly. You should have good sceptres at this point and at minimum a +2 gems chest or 7L helm. Those are your biggest damage upgrades in general.

Thank you for the quick response. Would you recommend sticking with the cold mastery node in conjunction with the gloves, or is that too much conversion? I'm basically using a mixture of the Dec 5th & Dec 13th POB at this point (without trigger wand) where I've opted to use my 45% conversion gloves to push the 5 points into Whispers of Doom.

Apologies for the confusion on my second question. I was incorrectly thinking that you were attempting to hit 50% cold conversion with this mastery alone rather than the given 40%. The clarification is appreciated.

Thank you for the gear upgrade recommendations as well. I'm currently missing all of those items and will make it my next goal to attain them.

Too much conversion won't brick anything, just need a minimum of 50%. The gem gets priority, so there is only 50% leftover to convert.
"
falagar112 wrote:
call me crazy but what about an eternity shroud version?

assuming i have a shaped winterweave/sunblast/ralakesh, yay or nay?

if yay, what would you run on gloves/weapons/amulet :)

Hello Dumb0, I would still really appreciate an answer to this question :)

I'm just wondering if you've ever experimented with this, or even shroud of the lightless!
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

I'm just wondering if you've ever experimented with this, or even shroud of the lightless!

I haven't thought about what an Eternity Shroud version would look like. Hand-waving it seems like it should work but I imagine it would be a pain in the ass to get some of the uniques shaped. Sunblast in particular would be difficult because it's either T1/T2 rarity, as is Ralakesh.

Should be a fun experiment if you already have those things?
Last edited by FearlessDumb0 on Feb 9, 2024, 5:05:22 PM
"
FearlessDumb0 wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

I haven't thought about what an Eternity Shroud version would look like. Hand-waving it seems like it should work but I imagine it would be a pain in the ass to get some of the uniques shaped. Sunblast in particular would be difficult because it's either T1/T2 rarity, as is Ralakesh.

Should be a fun experiment if you already have those things?

yeah i managed to snipe the only sunblast after 200+ mythic orbed belts, ralakesh was easy as its the only riveted boots unique so you can omen it :)

I'm just wondering what you'd do to cold convert as you'd have to use shaped gloves and can't get the eldritch influence modifier.
Last edited by falagar112 on Feb 10, 2024, 7:59:43 AM
"
falagar112 wrote:

yeah i managed to snipe the only sunblast after 200+ mythic orbed belts, ralakesh was easy as its the only riveted boots unique so you can omen it :)

I'm just wondering what you'd do to cold convert as you'd have to use shaped gloves and can't get the eldritch influence modifier.

Good question. I'd probably use a Watcher's Eye since the 5 points for the mastery are a bit much to spend. That's awesome you rolled a shaper sunblast, I'm extremely envious!
Hey, Ive seen some Youtube updates, but any chance of a 3.24 update for this guy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info