when is next league out? surely not in early april?

I was being told next league gonna be in early april but that doesnt seem right the league been out for 2 months and 1 week 3 more weeks would mean its out in mid march are you telling me they gonna stall extra 3 weeks again or something?
Last bumped on May 18, 2023, 3:04:32 PM
"
We are currently planning to launch our next Path of Exile expansion in early April.

you were told right
S L O W E R
so they gonna stall for extra 3 weeks again?? is that going to be a thing from now on they were stalling before only 1 week
they should just officially switch to 4 month leagues. seems they cant keep up with the 3 month cycles anymore
actually they stalling for 1 extra month not 3 weeks thats pretty ridicilous i agree if they cant keep up 3 month cycle then do 4 month one i guess they will do again events?
They pretty much said they want to avoid launching the league at the same time another game is being released.

So basically: D4´s release is why they pushed the league back.
Its simply bad business to do otherwise.
Last edited by Orbaal on Feb 15, 2023, 9:43:45 AM
"
Orbaal wrote:
They pretty much said they want to avoid launching the league at the same time another game is being released.

So basically: D4´s release is why they pushed the league back.
Its simply bad business to do otherwise.

i havent heard anything about diablo 4 coming out in march?
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Feb 15, 2023, 9:46:59 AM
You are right, I confused the leagues.
D4 is scheduled for June 2nd. not April.

This is the official GGG statement:
"
We are currently planning to launch our next Path of Exile expansion in early April. You may note that this means that The Forbidden Sanctum challenge league will be longer than normal. We are currently tinkering with a few ideas for some fun low-key things we can do in the final month before 3.21 launches and will let you know how those ideas shake out in the coming weeks.

We have chosen this date so that we can make sure 3.21 gets all the development time it needs and that our release schedule for the year fits nicely alongside ExileCon and release dates of other games.

So its not about 3.21 but 3.22 and ExilCon.
Thats where I f-ed up
"
Orbaal wrote:
You are right, I confused the leagues.
D4 is scheduled for June 2nd. not April.

This is the official GGG statement:
"
We are currently planning to launch our next Path of Exile expansion in early April. You may note that this means that The Forbidden Sanctum challenge league will be longer than normal. We are currently tinkering with a few ideas for some fun low-key things we can do in the final month before 3.21 launches and will let you know how those ideas shake out in the coming weeks.

We have chosen this date so that we can make sure 3.21 gets all the development time it needs and that our release schedule for the year fits nicely alongside ExileCon and release dates of other games.

So its not about 3.21 but 3.22 and ExilCon.
Thats where I f-ed up

Reading between the lines you could interpret "and that our release schedule for the year fits nicely alongside ExileCon and release dates of other games" to still be accounting for the D4 release. An early March league start would mean the subsequent league would start around the same time as D4 releases (assuming 3 month league)

4-6 weeks of D4 before the next POE league launches seems about right, I doubt there will be enough content at launch to keep most people seriously interested in it past that point and a lot will just be waiting for the first league launch. When that will be is anyone's guess, I think it may need a few months at least of polishing before they are happy to kick off the first league.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Feb 15, 2023, 10:23:08 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Reading between the lines you could interpret "and that our release schedule for the year fits nicely alongside ExileCon and release dates of other games" to still be accounting for the D4 release. An early March league start would mean the subsequent league would start around the same time as D4 releases (assuming 3 month league)

Yeah that was my point. I simply didnt look up D4´s scheduled release and assumed it would interfere with 3.21 but it seems to be more about 3.22.
Anyways "other games" should be D4. At least Im not aware of any other game scheduled for release soon-ish with a massively overlapping audience and thus potentially ruining PoE´s league launch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info