Client mouse clicking is badly bugged.

About getting stuck at Strongbox: I just had the same behavior with the Stash in my hideout. What happened: I moved around in the hideout in circles (testing if/how_much it lags(*)). At some point I ended up at the Stash stuck and was unable to move away. I had the mouse pointer down during the whole time. Only by releasing and clicking again could I move away from the Stash.
Also: The Stash didnt open.
Also: I have phasing if that matters.
Also: I was unable to reproduce it. Is there some (normal) way to get this behavior (mouse down and not moving towards pointer location)?

(*) Edit: There was a little bit (of connection type typical in EU at that time) lag.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Mar 16, 2023, 2:30:59 PM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Apparently this was moved to 'Technical Support'. Obviously there is at least one bug relating to this in the game.

Why was this moved to 'Technical Support'?

Were you not aware that this is where they put posts to die?
If they were to address a single problem in this forum I presume I would see a golden light shine down from the heavens and a band of angels playing trumpets. Nothing short of a miracle.

Yes I have got this too. When launching a map, i click on the portal and it always sends me to the map device, and i have to click again.

Best to resign yourself to the fact that this will never be fixed. Unless by some chance the next league update accidentally rights things. Good luck.
Problem still there. During load time inside map in first map after starting client after booting up computer (thats when there is the most load time): The first thing I did during this loading time (~1 sec loading time probably, its noticable by the game/gfx being 'frozen' at least partially) was to click on some spot to the left of my char. What happened is that at the end of the load time my char instead moves downwards a bit. So apparently the mouse cursor position at the click time was not used but some other mouse cursor position was used instead.

There is obviously a bug in the game/client. This thread was inappropriatly moved to 'Technical Support'.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Problem still there. During load time inside map in first map after starting client after booting up computer (thats when there is the most load time): The first thing I did during this loading time (~1 sec loading time probably, its noticable by the game/gfx being 'frozen' at least partially) was to click on some spot to the left of my char. What happened is that at the end of the load time my char instead moves downwards a bit. So apparently the mouse cursor position at the click time was not used but some other mouse cursor position was used instead.

There is obviously a bug in the game/client. This thread was inappropriatly moved to 'Technical Support'.

well if it was a general game bug, everyone should have that.
Since this is NOT the case, it's a TECH "issue" with your hardware / ISP connection and GGG's game system.....

So that is properly why it was moved here.....
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Jun 2, 2023, 11:09:20 AM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

well if it was a general game bug, everyone should have that.
Thats not how programming works. Its quite possible that a bug only has effect for some. For some time I was also unable to reproduce it. My guess is that the asset(?) loading times are critical as to whether there is a noticeable effect or not.
I get this as well.
It's immediately obvious in windowed mode.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Sometimes my char doesnt move away from the box despite me clicking the ground to move away. This can then be workarounded by again clicking the ground. My guess is that the game maybe mistakenly acts as if I would have clicked the box again

This is because you click the box and hold down the button, it doesn't happen unless you are fumbling the key press somehow.
"
h3h3sucks wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Sometimes my char doesnt move away from the box despite me clicking the ground to move away. This can then be workarounded by again clicking the ground. My guess is that the game maybe mistakenly acts as if I would have clicked the box again

This is because you click the box and hold down the button, it doesn't happen unless you are fumbling the key press somehow.
You mean it doesnt happen for you or do you have some additional knowledge about this?

(And my so-so theory on why this happens is: In some cases the the client doesnt "know" what monsters are in the box and some of those are then not preloaded. Due to that there is potentially a loading delay which causes this symptom akin to the first-enter-map-mouse-click-dont-register-position-correctly previously described. Basically if I click before the loading has finished the click can use the wrong coordinates.)
I have '--nologo --noasync --nopreload -gc 2' command line options if that matters.
This buggy complex persists. Just had an instance of running up to stash and opening it without ever having the cursor over the stash. Similar things happened in this league before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info