Client mouse clicking is badly bugged.

sounds like you have a latency issue and are playing in predictive sync.

The differences of having server side and client side syncing (in predictive the server is running a sim off inputs from the client, latency fucks that up since you are synced to the server, not the server syncing to you)

So you load into an area and it is very likely server side the "cursor" is sitting center (you know...where you port into) and if you click with any latency all the server is going to register is that you clicked at the center of the screen.

And i say all this because you pretty much gave definitive "proof" of this by mentioning whirling blades zipping back, which is desync, caused by predictive sync and a bad connection.

So, yeah, not a bug.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
sounds like you have a latency issue and are playing in predictive sync.
Yes to latency, no to predictive.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
And i say all this because you pretty much gave definitive "proof" of this by mentioning whirling blades zipping back, which is desync, caused by predictive sync and a bad connection.
Havent used WB in a long time and dont remember for sure if I had the zip-back after the switch to lockstep so I dont want to comment on that. I also didnt mention before but: The WB zip-back was on a different system, dont remember if I ever tried WB on current system.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
So, yeah, not a bug.
Your reasoning is based on erroneous assumption/s.

Edit: If your reasoning (minus assumption) is correct then maybe its not impossible that 'lockstep' bugginess causes this though. Lockstep is unfortunately not working 100%, somtimes monsters 'jump', sometimes even my char 'jumps' - obviously due to lockstep being bugged. The monster jumping happens everywhere. The char jumping I only have noticed in Delve. Both are very rare though - or at least I dont notice it often.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Mar 11, 2023, 8:27:29 AM
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Edit: If your reasoning (minus assumption) is correct then maybe its not impossible that 'lockstep' bugginess causes this though. Lockstep is unfortunately not working 100%, somtimes monsters 'jump', sometimes even my char 'jumps' - obviously due to lockstep being bugged. The monster jumping happens everywhere. The char jumping I only have noticed in Delve. Both are very rare though - or at least I dont notice it often.

Please provide a 300+ WinMTR report to the instance IP where this is happening WHILE it's happening. Then we should be able to see if this is a connection issue.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Please provide a 300+ WinMTR report to the instance IP where this is happening WHILE it's happening. Then we should be able to see if this is a connection issue.
The issue described in OP (mouse click mis-registers during what I believe to be asset loading) is most likely not a connection issue.

Also: I just tried to reproduce the mis-move at program start and it worked properly. (And its laggy now.)

About the lockstep part you quoted: I dont think its a lockstep problem - see wording "maybe not impossible" - I added it for completeness. Also there being a lockstep problem doesnt imply that there is a connection issue. Its possible that other issues are connection related but these are very rare and I cant reproduce them at will. In fact I havent noticed any of the issues described in this thread in quite some time. But I also dont click during (assumed asset) loading anymore and instead wait unit its finished - apart from above reproduction attempt.
And about the lockstep fails: The mob which seems to have been affected by the monster jumps the most (or always?) is Necromancer. My guess is that this is related to the random movements that this mob type does.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
The issue described in OP (mouse click mis-registers during what I believe to be asset loading) is most likely not a connection issue.

Also: I just tried to reproduce the mis-move at program start and it worked properly. (And its laggy now.)

About the lockstep part you quoted: I dont think its a lockstep problem - see wording "maybe not impossible" - I added it for completeness. Also there being a lockstep problem doesnt imply that there is a connection issue. Its possible that other issues are connection related but these are very rare and I cant reproduce them at will. In fact I havent noticed any of the issues described in this thread in quite some time. But I also dont click during (assumed asset) loading anymore and instead wait unit its finished - apart from above reproduction attempt.
And about the lockstep fails: The mob which seems to have been affected by the monster jumps the most (or always?) is Necromancer. My guess is that this is related to the random movements that this mob type does.

Are you using a stand HDD for your C drive / windows drice ?
Are you using some heavy security software in regards to file access ?

If it really is asset loading that does this, then we need to know more about your PC in detail because I haven't see problem with asset loading since I staring using a SSD drive (now have a NVME SSD).

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
Are you using a stand HDD for your C drive / windows drice ?
Are you using some heavy security software in regards to file access ?

If it really is asset loading that does this, then we need to know more about your PC in detail because I haven't see problem with asset loading since I staring using a SSD drive (now have a NVME SSD).
It is an SSD on a Linux system, it (the PoE part) is probably not set up optimally(**). Those (presumably asset) loading times(*) occur when first entering an area, most of the time less than a second. But first time loading(*) Syndicate in a session it may be a bit more (still less than 2 seconds I think) and first time entering Karui Shores after program start also may be a bit more (but also less than 2 seconds I think). Now if I used to click during this time then the click would misregister.

(*) Those (presumed) loading times are/were recognizable due to the gfx being "frozen".

(**) I have severe gfx when first encountering Harvest, Expedition, etc after shader(?) cache clear - usually after big patches like new leagues. After I have encountered Harvest (etc) often enough its smooth though.
New thread also describing a bug in which the game uses false coordinates for mouse click: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3358756 This supports my theory that the game does not use the coordinates at the time of the click which in some cases causes buggy behavior.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
It is an SSD on a Linux system, it (the PoE part) is probably not set up optimally(**). Those (presumably asset) loading times(*) occur when first entering an area, most of the time less than a second. But first time loading(*) Syndicate in a session it may be a bit more (still less than 2 seconds I think) and first time entering Karui Shores after program start also may be a bit more (but also less than 2 seconds I think). Now if I used to click during this time then the click would misregister.

(*) Those (presumed) loading times are/were recognizable due to the gfx being "frozen".

(**) I have severe gfx when first encountering Harvest, Expedition, etc after shader(?) cache clear - usually after big patches like new leagues. After I have encountered Harvest (etc) often enough its smooth though.

So you are running PoE on a unsupported system (linux), do I understand you correctly here ?
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Mar 13, 2023, 1:05:27 AM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
New thread also describing a bug in which the game uses false coordinates for mouse click: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3358756 This supports my theory that the game does not use the coordinates at the time of the click which in some cases causes buggy behavior.

Setup / issue is not the same as your as you can also see from the replies in the thread. It matters to the PoE client if you put a skill on the key you also try to move with....
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
So you are running PoE on a unsupported system (linux), do I understand you correctly here ?
Not sure what you are trying to say here. I dont know if Linux is 'supported' or why this should matter.

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Setup / issue is not the same as your as you can also see from the replies in the thread. It matters to the PoE client if you put a skill on the key you also try to move with....
You mean the symptom is not the same. Doesnt mean the underlying programming isnt responsible for both. I already explained the potential connection. (I dont know if you have any (esp UI mouse events in Windows) programming understanding.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info