Client mouse clicking is badly bugged.

The following bugged behavior has now happend several times:

I go through map with 'Jun' mission. I appear in the map. Then follows an initial loading time - probably client loads assets for Jun mission. If I click on the screen during this loading time my character will move to the portal and exit the map. This without me ever having clicked anywhere near the portal while in the map.

Presumably this may be due to the game using the wrong/outdated cursor position when registering the click.

This is probably the same bug which causes me to sometimes move to and open chests (and other clickable stuff) which I have never clicked at. Maybe its also the same bug which makes "Whirling Blades" zip back.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last bumped on Oct 8, 2023, 1:46:45 AM
This probably happens elsewhere too. Mostly right after program start. First area, first map, whatever: When there is still more to load loading times are longer and this "desync" between actual mouse pointer position and the one assigned to my click is thus greater.

Edit: Also remember that clicking on waypoint on Karui Shores often causes my character to move away instead. At least if it is right after program start.
Last edited by Zrevnur on Feb 3, 2023, 5:38:18 PM
This may also be the reason for me sometimes getting weirdly stuck at strongboxes: Sometimes my char doesnt move away from the box despite me clicking the ground to move away. This can then be workarounded by again clicking the ground. My guess is that the game maybe mistakenly acts as if I would have clicked the box again - same desync between cursor position and click recognition: Click recognition is associated with a past cursor position and not the actual one.

Edit: Not sure if this only happens with unidentified boxes.

Edit: This has nothing (= absolutely zero) to do with boxes which freeze. I had this just happen now (somewhat laggy if that matters) on a char with full ele ailment immunity. (And the box didnt have freeze anyway.)
Last edited by Zrevnur on Feb 9, 2023, 2:16:43 PM
About the "uncorrect postion of cursor", I dont see that ever.
Sometime, when I opening my stash, and Ctrl + Click Lilly for sell, character will move far over her. But I edit her position a little, that no more happen.
But your case, I think you try with other mouse.

And about the "stuck in strongbox", I havenot see that too.
That case, it cannot be your mouse problem...

Edit: wait, you say you cannot move away the strongbox? It have high percent that your mouse's problem.
Last edited by thangdd86 on Feb 9, 2023, 9:23:43 PM
"
thangdd86 wrote:
About the "uncorrect postion of cursor", I dont see that ever.
Sometime, when I opening my stash, and Ctrl + Click Lilly for sell, character will move far over her. But I edit her position a little, that no more happen.
But your case, I think you try with other mouse.

And about the "stuck in strongbox", I havenot see that too.
That case, it cannot be your mouse problem...

Edit: wait, you say you cannot move away the strongbox? It have high percent that your mouse's problem.
It seems to be a desync between mouse position and mouse click. It seems to only happen if the game stalls. Its like during the game stall the game doesnt update the cursor position and when it then after the stall registers the click it will use the old cursor position. I dont see what that has to do with the mouse. If you dont have those game stalls (due to loading times) you may not ever see this. Not trying to say its impossible to get a workaround by replacing mouse. But from my POV there may be a game programming error there.

Edit: I also vaguely remember reading other report/s (some old reddit post/s IIRC) about this kind of issue. Characters moving towards some chest/object without clicking on them IIRC. (I also have this symptom but not often.)

--

Edit 2: If that matters: I can move my mouse cursor even if PoE crashed irrevocably and the whole system is otherwise unresponsive/dead. Its the only thing that then seem to work.
Last edited by Zrevnur on Feb 10, 2023, 8:52:00 AM
This happens to me as well. If I click on my stash, the first time I'll run right by it by maybe a body length or two. The second attempt gets me right next to the chest. The third time is the charm... if I approach from the right angle; otherwise it's RNG as to wether it will open or not. Same thing while clicking on chests while mapping.

When I first started playing the game this was never a problem, but the last several leagues it has been.
I also get this when there is sporadic latency spikes like there has been for me most of the league. Sometime just walking through my hideout its a challenge not to start dialogue with every npc in there.
Apparently this was moved to 'Technical Support'. Obviously there is at least one bug relating to this in the game.

Why was this moved to 'Technical Support'?
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Apparently this was moved to 'Technical Support'. Obviously there is at least one bug relating to this in the game.

Why was this moved to 'Technical Support'?

because GGG doesnt want to acknowledge bugs apparently..
my thread where a single boss skill is incorrectly ignoring audio settings was also moved from bug reports to technical support.

when multiple computers and accounts(had a friend test to isolate) with clean installs and every renderer has the same issue... its a game bug caused by one of the late league technical patches from leagues ago.

Now I am going to have to recreate the thread in the correct section because someone in GGG doesn't know what they are doing.

they even locked your thread in help and info so others with the same thing cant post to... so they don't even want to hear from others having their threads incorrectly moved in one thread.
"
dorkdude2 wrote:

Now I am going to have to recreate the thread in the correct section because someone in GGG doesn't know what they are doing.

Well same person will then delete said new thread under the rule about "multi posting about same issue in multiple section" is not allowed.
Then properly issue a warning and then you are on the path to "probation" status.... :(

Aren't we having fun here ??? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info