[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

Nice
"
Jarmony wrote:
"
vipson wrote:
Greetings, could someone here help me out a bit? I'm planning on using this build to start playing in a Crucible SC league with my friend. But it creates a problem in that I'm not even close to knowing what to recommend to my friend. Which build should he use or which class to take so we can help each other and have some synergy in our builds.

We plan to play together most of the time. Although I've played Path of Exile before (at least four or five years ago), my friend is not at all familiar with the game, but is familiar with the ARPG genre, mainly Diablo. Therefore, he understands some basics, but does not understand the game at all. I have asked the knowledgeable people on the official Discord server, but could not get any clear answer.

Here are a few points on what I was already advised:
- auras that grant bonus damage
- no Chaos Damage
- no Explosive Arrow
- no Essence Drain and Contagion

Can´t say a specific build.. but a tips, make sure your both build are equaly fast. It´s pain to run around with someone you are much faster than you, and have killed everything before you get there.

I would probablty advise for another minion build.. then you can also help each other with gear and so.

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't even thought about the speed of the various builds, since I remembered that almost all builds move very quickly around the map.

I'm afraid that if we both have summoner build, it will come out too weird :D
"
theherbalist wrote:
The ultimate noob build is probably RF jugg, just because it's unkillable and very easy to mechanically play.

That said, starting your friend off with srs would also work well for the same reason the other guy mentioned.

Oh, yeah, I thought about RF! However IIRC the RF build needs Flammability (?) curse to work better, which doesn't exactly lead to any synergy with Sniper's Mark.
"
Odif wrote:
"
vipson wrote:
Greetings, could someone here help me out a bit? I'm planning on using this build to start playing in a Crucible SC league with my friend. But it creates a problem in that I'm not even close to knowing what to recommend to my friend. Which build should he use or which class to take so we can help each other and have some synergy in our builds.

We plan to play together most of the time. Although I've played Path of Exile before (at least four or five years ago), my friend is not at all familiar with the game, but is familiar with the ARPG genre, mainly Diablo. Therefore, he understands some basics, but does not understand the game at all. I have asked the knowledgeable people on the official Discord server, but could not get any clear answer.

Here are a few points on what I was already advised:
- auras that grant bonus damage
- no Chaos Damage
- no Explosive Arrow
- no Essence Drain and Contagion

The only thing that prevents build compatability is CURSES.

If the 2 builds need different curses, the curses will over write each other.

So, since my build uses Snipers Mark and Elemental Weakness, it would be best if the second builds was Elemental Projectile build, to take advantage of the curse synergy.

There are lots.
Spark
Freezing Pulse Totems
Elemental Bow builds.
And many more.

P.S.
There is an additional advantage if the other person uses a spell of some sort, as it would benefit from the generosity boosted Zealotry aura that the skel mage build uses.

I didn't even think you would personally respond to me! Thank you for your time, Odif, your build is just delightful. It describes even the smallest of details, which leaves almost no question!

I managed to find the 3.21 Crucible League Start Build Index thread on Reddit and found Anime Princess' Spark Inquisitor build there. However, this build is much less informative than yours, that is why I'm still not sure if it's the right choice.
Keep in mind spark has been nerfed this league and will need a lot more currency to feel as smooth as it did before. Projectile speed is a really important stat for comfortable clear and boss dmg, so I don't know if it's the best choice to league start.
"
theherbalist wrote:
Keep in mind spark has been nerfed this league and will need a lot more currency to feel as smooth as it did before. Projectile speed is a really important stat for comfortable clear and boss dmg, so I don't know if it's the best choice to league start.

So many variables that I can't even imagine how people can keep it all in their head to pick themselves or someone else a build :D

Maybe then you'll have some other recommendation, as I don't know what to suggest to my friend for the game anymore :\
"
vipson wrote:
"
theherbalist wrote:

So many variables that I can't even imagine how people can keep it all in their head to pick themselves or someone else a build :D

Maybe then you'll have some other recommendation, as I don't know what to suggest to my friend for the game anymore :\

Heirophant totems are really easy and simple to play.
Check out this 3.20 guide for Freezing Pulse/ice spear totems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BMMYk0M5PI

Alternatively, you could BOTH do my Skel Mage build.
Lots of skels everywhere!
Last edited by Odif on Apr 6, 2023, 8:36:31 PM
"
Odif wrote:
"
vipson wrote:
"
theherbalist wrote:

Heirophant totems are really easy and simple to play.
Check out this 3.20 guide for Freezing Pulse/ice spear totems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BMMYk0M5PI

Alternatively, you could BOTH do my Skel Mage build.
Lots of skels everywhere!

Oh, that's great that you shared a direct link to that Freezing Pulse/Ice Spear totem build with me. I was even able to personally find the build version for 3.21 on that channel. Thanks so much, Odif! My friend also sends his thanks to you, when he saw the gameplay of this build he immediately knew he wanted to try it :D
Hello Mr. Odif, Sir.

What do you think about this change to anoumalous Pierce - i think - that lets the projectiles Return - thus net us more Damage.

Or is that Clickbait from YouTubers?

I played your builds already and they where very helpful, and Well explained.
So i am honestly interested in your Opinion on that topic.
"
Nemesis258 wrote:
Hello Mr. Odif, Sir.

What do you think about this change to anoumalous Pierce - i think - that lets the projectiles Return - thus net us more Damage.

Or is that Clickbait from YouTubers?

I played your builds already and they where very helpful, and Well explained.
So i am honestly interested in your Opinion on that topic.

Its anamoulous faster projectiles.
I need to test it before it goes in the build, but it looks promising for boss dps.
I could not test it before, as prior to 3.21 it worked differently (sucked) and is now SUPPOSED to be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info