[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin (SSF Viable, League-start viable, Uber)

"
Wow, thank you for getting back so quickly!

If I get my suffixes and then use a veiled chaos orb and get an opened prefix.. should I be blocking any prefix before unveiling?

Also, is there a reason critical strike chance to spells isn't as important?

PS: I subscribed to your YouTube channel. Awesome content!

Depends on whether you get a Veiled Suffix or a Veiled Prefix, and what other mods appear when you do it.

Optimally, if it's a suffix, you already had 2 and that's the 3rd, so you can't block anything. Hope for Mine Throwing Speed if it's a Suffix.

If it's a prefix, you'd wanna look here: https://poedb.tw/us/Rune_Daggers#ModifiersCalc
Looks like I'd block "(120–139)% increased Physical Damage
(21–25)% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks" and pray for a "Chaos Damage" prefix unveil.

You can sometimes retry failed attempts, as long as an open prefix remains to do suff can't be changed and try again. Expect a few tries, took me many upgrades to get to the ones I'm using.

Oh, and it's not that Critical Strike Chance is bad, it's just that as long as you have over 50%, you'll be at 100% vs Low-life Enemies (50% life or lower). It's less effective that it seems, and you already almost always crit on the first hit, too. Crit Multiplier, DoT Multi, Damage with Poison, stuff like that, that works no matter what.

That's how I made:

--

Thanks for following :D
I generally try to upload videos for guides there.
[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jan 30, 2023, 12:29:49 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Wow, thank you for getting back so quickly!

If I get my suffixes and then use a veiled chaos orb and get an opened prefix.. should I be blocking any prefix before unveiling?

Also, is there a reason critical strike chance to spells isn't as important?

PS: I subscribed to your YouTube channel. Awesome content!

Depends on whether you get a Veiled Suffix or a Veiled Prefix, and what other mods appear when you do it.

Optimally, if it's a suffix, you already had 2 and that's the 3rd, so you can't block anything. Hope for Mine Throwing Speed if it's a Suffix.

If it's a prefix, you'd wanna look here: https://poedb.tw/us/Rune_Daggers#ModifiersCalc
Looks like I'd block "(120–139)% increased Physical Damage
(21–25)% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks" and pray for a "Chaos Damage" prefix unveil.

You can sometimes retry failed attempts, as long as an open prefix remains to do suff can't be changed and try again. Expect a few tries, took me many upgrades to get to the ones I'm using.

Oh, and it's not that Critical Strike Chance is bad, it's just that as long as you have over 50%, you'll be at 100% vs Low-life Enemies (50% life or lower). It's less effective that it seems, and you already almost always crit on the first hit, too. Crit Multiplier, DoT Multi, Damage with Poison, stuff like that, that works no matter what.

That's how I made:

--

Thanks for following :D
I generally try to upload videos for guides there.

Thank you! I'll keep trying to craft a better weapon before swapping over to Hexblast mines :)
Your current weapon with 54% Mine Damage is already enough to do all content other than Ubers :D

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
How's the survivability? From the POB most things seem to be not much there, a little evasion and 100% spell suppression are the main things? Is the 2.5% life regen per mine enough to keep us from dying a lot?
"
droshi wrote:
How's the survivability? From the POB most things seem to be not much there, a little evasion and 100% spell suppression are the main things? Is the 2.5% life regen per mine enough to keep us from dying a lot?

Well, I hit level 100, so I guess it's fine? :D
I was doing Alch and Go with random sextants for that mostly.

It's the super powered Temp Chains + Chill, regen from gear and flask, and CwDT Steelskin. I think I died about 4 times from 98-100, and mostly from being careless and stepping on Metamorph Chaos Ground, not from any actual map mods or rares. And you know, massive DPS and the Mine Playstyle.

I think the crit reduction tech also helps, but that's hard to quantify. Either way, I don't feel squishy at all.

The Atlas Keystone for "25% Less Damage Taken, Enemies have +50% Life" is a lifesaver, and you have so much DPS it doesn't have a downside.

Last edited by CantripN on Jan 31, 2023, 1:16:56 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

It's the super powered Temp Chains + Chill, regen from gear and flask, and CwDT Steelskin. I think I died about 4 times from 98-100, and mostly from being careless and stepping on Metamorph Chaos Ground, not from any actual map mods or rares. And you know, massive DPS and the Mine Playstyle.

The Atlas Keystone for "25% Less Damage Taken, Enemies have +50% Life" is a lifesaver, and you have so much DPS it doesn't have a downside.

Great to hear, good tips too! I'm leveling now and just switched to mines, so far going well. Thanks for the guide!

One quick other question: which slot should Profane Proxy go in?
Last edited by droshi on Jan 31, 2023, 1:17:36 PM
"
droshi wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

Great to hear, good tips too! I'm leveling now and just switched to mines, so far going well. Thanks for the guide!

One quick other question: which slot should Profane Proxy go in?

Right, wanted to remind you to put in on the right hand :)
Chill is something you don't otherwise get, while your Shock is generally more than what it does anyhow.

Oh, and I forgot one major layer!
Freeze + Freeze Prolif from gloves. That makes the game like 90% easier.

Last edited by CantripN on Jan 31, 2023, 1:22:47 PM
Sounds good, and freeze chance only comes from curse mastery is that right?
"
droshi wrote:

Your Critical hits apply Shock, Freeze and Ignite :)

"
CantripN wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

Your Critical hits apply Shock, Freeze and Ignite :)

oh right on hexblast it says all damage can, it looks like you have a 63% chance to freeze.

One last Q, sorry for so many, you have several places for despair (hard cast and on hit ring) I assume you just need one and you're having those just for examples that you could put it in an unset ring, or wherever, or if you get an on hit ring then not needed. Am I correct?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info