[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin (SSF Viable, League-start viable, Uber)

Hey mate, great guide! I played a hexblast mine Sabo last league in SSF (I feel very validated by that build being all the rave now!) and it was a great time, so I'm thinking: A poison version? SIGN ME UP!

Got two questions tho:
-One of the poison masteries you're taking (Enemies you poison can't crit) only applies if you have the trigger craft-tech that you were talking about somewhere right? Because you technically don't poison enemies without it or am I missing something?

-Even with Perfect Agony, the hit portion of hexblast is still very high, higher than the poison - I know you said, that it only starts becoming viable later on, but tbh, it sorta seems to me, that just going hit based, even as an assassin, and do some lame power charge stacking, is probably still better? You're actual experience would help here - I guess what I am asking is: Is the poison damage actually worth? When does it start feeling like an actual dot build?

Once again, thank you so much for the awesome guide, and I'ma try it out for sure, I'd appreciate your feedback :)
Actually, got two more additions: What about cruelty support? I try to stay clear from it, cause I don't really understand it, but the dot buff it provides gets stronger, if the initial hit is stronger right? Seems like it COULD be worth it?

And: Just an FYI for people starting/transitioning into the actual hexblast mines: Yes, blasphemy doesn't feel great if you just have one curse aura. It actually has non of the problems OP talks about, if you use 2 curse auras (after taking Whispers of Doom). Yes, sometimes Hexblast will hit enemies with only 1 Curse, but that's alright, main problem would be hitting enemies without a single curse, because of how the gem works. Seriously try it out, feels really smooth - from the get go. Obviously you should still follow OPs advice and get a curse on hit ring. Saves reservation. Lol.
1 - Poison Mastery seems to work, but I'm not 100% sure. You could test in PvP.
2 - Poison damage is going to outstrip your hit damage very very quickly, so no, Poison is better here. Sure, you can go Hit-based, but then you really should go Trickster.
3 - Cruelty is possible, but I don't love that I don't know the exact amounts. Not saying it's bad. It might be an upgrade.
4 - Leveling with Hexblast using Blasphemy is fine, I did it myself, but some people try it with 0 gear and high expectations and then cry :D

I admit I didn't consider using 2 x Blasphemy. That might make is way better for acts.
[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Aug 25, 2023, 9:31:15 AM
Thanks! Thought so, and honestly, spell assassin crit/power charge scaling is the most boring thing ever. Just a very plain character, that you can slot basically any spell into. So I'm digging it!
I am sorta new to SSF, so I'm a little nervous about acquiring gear that is comparable to your example gear, but I like fossil crafting and delve, so there's hope.

The cruelty thing is exactly my problem with it! It seems like it should be the perfect build for it and there's even a mastery for it, but who knows if you can reach the max buff.
Just a heads-up, Mark of Submission doesn't work with Mines. It tries to trigger the curse from the ring that the mine is wearing - none.

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
Anyone playing this this league? If so how is it? Debating on switching from sabo but can't tell if that's smart or not
hey CantripN, once I have balance of terror I can completely drop the wither totem setup to free up sockets right? Or does it enable something I'm not aware of?

Also would the despair on hit overwrite a self-cast anomalous despair that i'll use to trigger balance?
Last edited by kikoimachine on Aug 26, 2023, 8:46:06 AM
"
kikoimachine wrote:
hey CantripN, once I have balance of terror I can completely drop the wither totem setup to free up sockets right? Or does it enable something I'm not aware of?

Also would the despair on hit overwrite a self-cast anomalous despair that i'll use to trigger balance?

Yes and yes. Don't bother with Anomalous, it won't do anything, and you just cast Despair on the air like a Divine Blessing anyhow.

Which amulet anoint is actual? A guide one or a PoB one?
"
Prof549 wrote:
Which amulet anoint is actual? A guide one or a PoB one?

Kinda depends on your gear. PoB knows best, always - you can sort by DPS even.

Successive Detonations is *usually* best, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info