Fractured shard drop rate

is it extremely low or im just unlucky? I had harby on 99% of my maps from day 1
i use scarabs/sextants whenever i can. have all the harby nodes on the atlas tree.....still only 7 shards.
this is why i never get excited when they add cool new things to the game. the average player will never see it enough to benefit.
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2023, 9:07:52 PM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
is it extremely low or im just unlucky? I had harby on 99% of my maps from day 1
i use scarabs/sextants whenever i can. have all the harby nodes on the atlas tree.....still only 7 shards.
this is why i never get excited when they add cool new things to the game. the average player will never see it enough to benefit.

I was deeply specced into Harbinger with the Atlas and got curious about the low drop rate when I got my 10th shard, so I decided to start running Eater of Worlds influence to use the invitations as "counters".

When I hit 10 invitations without a single shard drop, I specced out of Harbinger and never looked back.
"
Walkiry wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

I was deeply specced into Harbinger with the Atlas and got curious about the low drop rate when I got my 10th shard, so I decided to start running Eater of Worlds influence to use the invitations as "counters".

When I hit 10 invitations without a single shard drop, I specced out of Harbinger and never looked back.

yeah i think its time for me to do the same and spec out.... after leveling to 98 i had fractured shards drop THREE times only...thats unacceptable
Can confirm here, I had more Harbinger shard drops than Fractured drops. I'd like to think they are at the same rarity tier, but numbers don't give me much confidence.

I guess GGG knows this, and that's why they corrected the challenge from "use a Fracturing orb" to a very much more easy to achieve "use a Fracturing, Ancient or Harbinger orb". Which, by the way, was implied in order to have a T15 beachhead
Curious if anyone has data on regular harbingers vs. harbinger "boss." The boss always seems to drop at least something worth picking up whereas regular ones almost never drop anything that gets past the filter.
"
Maxtrux wrote:
Can confirm here, I had more Harbinger shard drops than Fractured drops. I'd like to think they are at the same rarity tier, but numbers don't give me much confidence.

its definitely not the same, not even close. i get harby shards in at least every few maps. currently have 24 orbs and 15 shards,and just 7 fractured shards
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jan 1, 2023, 3:42:50 PM
i ran ~60 Beachheads with 20% quali, 13 fractured shards.
I've specced into harbingers from the very start and started using scarabs + Kirac since like level 91 and I am now almost 98 and I've found 10 fractured shards, 2 of which dropped in a Beachhead. So yes you make more currency from ancient shards in softcore, even at these cheap prices.
I expected these to be very rare because GGG hates us having fun with crafting, but I might quit the league and having only half an orb while being fully specced feels a bit frustrating.
"
Walkiry wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

That was pretty much my experience. As a SSF player, I had hopes that this might help with the abysmal crafting options.
you probably need to run these with the sextant and maps with the highest quant (8 mod vaal'd) and take the altars with more quant before doing them to have the most luck. Haven't done it myself though but that's what I would imagine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info