[3.20] SideFX "Cthulhu arrow" Caustic Arrow! Join the dark side.

Handy tip for anyone leveling this build:

I bought a 6L Replica Quill Rain for 40c and put Caustic Arrow in it. Then in a tabula I have a second setup for Toxic Rain to deal with bosses since Caustic has low dps pre-Nimis. Toxic Rain shreds bosses and scales off a lot of the same things as CA.

hi, nice build, thanks for it. question: please tell me a good quiver for this build. I will be grateful
Can this build work without Nimis? I'm trying it in Standard and the cheapest Nimis is 130+ Divine, so impossible for me. It looks like a very nice build, got some gear done already on my lvl 79 Pathfinder

Spoiler

"
You can get a similar effect by linking barrage to arrow nova and using Vengeant Cascade (as long as you don't have any fork/chain/pierce). Barrage allows all of the arrows from the nova to hit the same target, so they will all return to you.

https://youtu.be/0CdFfpwurCY

So I anoint the amu with Vengeant Cascade, and link barrage and arrow nova to caustic arrow in the body armour? what gems to replace for barrage and nova? Thanks
Last edited by Atosmosius on Jan 12, 2023, 2:49:28 PM
"
So I anoint the amu with Vengeant Cascade, and link barrage and arrow nova to caustic arrow in the body armour? what gems to replace for barrage and nova? Thanks

You would replace GMP and Volley.

Unfortunately, after doing the math correctly (l wasn't accounting for the 'more attack time per projectile' on barrage support), l think the barrage/nova setup is worse than just using GMP to overlap AoEs and shotgun bosses that way. It's still about 4 times more dps, so you can still use it if you want to use nova for clear, but of course it's not going to reach the same levels that Nimis can.
Hey guys been busy with BPL thank you to all that are answering and helping others with there questions! Also join the discord easiest way for me to help you.

"
Shyltz14772 wrote:
hi, nice build, thanks for it. question: please tell me a good quiver for this build. I will be grateful

use poe ninja builds as reference

on builds like Caustic arrow,Toxic rain, hoag ect. Basic dot multi quivers.
I have between low-high bugdet items and i wonder how i can improve my survivability on maps because i die alot if i am not too carefull to dodge
Hi, thank you for this amazing build @Sidefx06.

But if you don't mind, can you have a look at my PoB and tell me what im doing wrong, please.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/ZvRwx1fX

Feels like I'm missing a lot of damage.

Thank You
"
JerkyJ wrote:
Hi, thank you for this amazing build @Sidefx06.

But if you don't mind, can you have a look at my PoB and tell me what im doing wrong, please.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/ZvRwx1fX

Feels like I'm missing a lot of damage.

Thank You

So i checked out your pob. You feel you have low damage? i'm shocked because to be honest your gear is pretty darn good. I was looking through your gear and gems and all seems to line up. Are you saying low damage dude to PoB numbers or how it feels in game? Go kill a guardian quick it should be dead within 3ish seconds.

Also reminder to all others. I am currently DONE with the league I will do my best to check the guides to answer questions but the best way to get to me is the discord link on the guide. So stoked for next league!!
Hey thanks for the fun build!

Please would you mind explaining the mechanic you utilize? You say you use overlapping caustic ground to up the DPS but Poe- Wiki says, damage over Time from overlapping caustic ground doesn't stack. What am I missing?
Got some time figure out how to make this build not squishy.
Life - of course you all know this
Capped ele - Maybe make it 90% for ele reduction map
Armour on belt - Huge things
Divergent Determination Aura - You got pretty huge armor on this base on your Evasion Rating
155+ Strength - For life and Lvl 21 Determination.
Then you get 3k molten shell as buffer heal , 71% phys damage reduction ( also more from your pantheon ) and also you get evasion, spell suppression.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info