[3.20] SideFX Crit Impending Doom!- This build is kinda nutty

hi, and ty for you answer :-)

here is my dialla

this copy/past in the forum dont show the tooltip like it appear in the game but anomalous impending doom is in a green soc :-/
and the game show the "quality: +16%" and "+30 quality from item"

never mind of the base quality of the gem, only is important "anomalous impending doom must be in a green soc" ?
ok, i just realized the base quality of impending doom MUST be 20% and soc in green to have 100% reduced skill effect duration.
mine is only 16% quality and i only have 92% reduced skill effect duration...

my bad ^^'
Hello,

first thing. I´m totally impressed from your great Build. Thanks for that.

Now I have a problem.
When I reach the point of applying 4 curses, i´m not able to trigger the explosion of Impending Doom. When I change back to a maximum of 3 curses with resetting the Whispers of Doom passive it will work again. Do I miss something?

I don´t use the anomalus version of Impending Doom or the Awakened Spell Cascade.
Having quite the same problem. Still leveling ~Act6, as soon as im allowed to apply four curses, while wearing the gloves, Doom Blast does not trigger anymore via reapplying Despair. i have to wait until Despair is running out, prior the fourth curse Impending Doom exploded via reapply/recast of Despair.
"
Mukajin wrote:

I don´t use the anomalus version of Impending Doom or the Awakened Spell Cascade.

There's your problem. Anomalous Impending Doom at 20% in a Green socket for Dialla's Malefaction reduces the curse duration to nothing and causes Doom Blast to trigger. If you're not going that way then you need another way to cause curses to expire.
So I tossed a couple of divs against this because my CA arrow Occultist was meh

Damage wise, quite nice, but I find that I am ridiculously squishy; not sure where to improve?

Maybe a bit spoiled with totems/minions being tanky for me I suppose.

Does hex bloom work? or do I link spell cascade to vixens 3 curses?
"
CBFTW wrote:
"
Mukajin wrote:

There's your problem. Anomalous Impending Doom at 20% in a Green socket for Dialla's Malefaction reduces the curse duration to nothing and causes Doom Blast to trigger. If you're not going that way then you need another way to cause curses to expire.

I just do not understand why the count of four curses hinders the Doom Blast to occur via reapply of Despair. It makes no sense to me, since it works with a lesser count of curses.

I just want to understand what is happening ^^'
Empower lvl4 instead of critical strike support looks promising (imp doom dps up to 1.2mio dps from 800k)... enjoying the build much even without flame and flesh.. took a megalo with practiced caster and unholy grace instead and other jewel (cast speed/life) in second jewel slot on cluster... works well... cheers
Last edited by thegomez on Mar 13, 2023, 8:37:05 AM
"
Mukajin wrote:
"
CBFTW wrote:
"
Mukajin wrote:

I just do not understand why the count of four curses hinders the Doom Blast to occur via reapply of Despair. It makes no sense to me, since it works with a lesser count of curses.

I just want to understand what is happening ^^'

I bet you have the wrong (a legacy) Dialla's Malefaction. Those had less Quality for the green sockets. You can Divine it once (in case you have an old one) and have the fresh values (+30% instead of 10% or whatever the old ones had....)

Good luck
>wrong (a legacy) Dialla's Malefaction

nope its a sanctum one. but even without a Diallas, like me, if a use max. 3 curses, despair and doom blast are working via reapply Despair but as soon as i am able to have 4 curses, nothing explodes anymore.

if i remove 1x "You can apply an additional curse" (3max again) everything is working again.

Diallas and Anomalous stuff is unavailable to me
Last edited by Zonk88 on Mar 13, 2023, 4:37:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info