[3.20] SideFX Crit Impending Doom!- This build is kinda nutty

First of all, thanks for the idea,
i created a similar build after i got inspiration here :)

Why do you guys even use anomalous impending doom?
I proc it instantly via surpassing the curse limit with vixens,
wich removes despair every cast (2 curses limit, despair + 2 curses on vixen).
Wondering if there is a good reason I'm missing.
Using my method let me chose a different Body Armour.
So what is the best in term of gears? I have alot of budget and want to try this? Thanks
"
dmoniak wrote:
So what is the best in term of gears? I have alot of budget and want to try this? Thanks

items I had are pretty expensive. Imo start thare.
"
Schlabbels wrote:
First of all, thanks for the idea,
i created a similar build after i got inspiration here :)

Why do you guys even use anomalous impending doom?
I proc it instantly via surpassing the curse limit with vixens,
wich removes despair every cast (2 curses limit, despair + 2 curses on vixen).
Wondering if there is a good reason I'm missing.
Using my method let me chose a different Body Armour.

can you go a bit deeper into this? This might be a good mid way option for people who are hurting in the bank.

I personally like the more curses. and I dont know your current trigger rate, but Mine was about 6 procs per cast.
You only need 2 curses socketed in vixens + spell cascade and optional Inspiration for mana cost.
I would run Temp chains and assassins mark for bosses/enfeeble for mapping.
Despair on 6l with impending Doom.
I didnt take the +1 curse from occultist so i can only apply 2 curses.
Somehow the curses from vixens are applied first if you cast despair so without spell cascade overlapping, the first cast on an enemy doesnt proc Doom Blast.
With enough AoE it procs because the overlaps reapply the curses multiple times.
I have 14% cdr on my gear so Impending Doom can proc about 7,5 times per second and because of the stored uses and overlaps you can cap this easily (i have like 3,5 casts of despair per second).
Downside is that you can apply "only" 2,5 or if you have enough mana regen 3,5 curses.
,5 because one curse is active half of the time because its getting removed and reapplied all the time.
Upside is free choice of body armour, lvl21 impending doom.
I for my self run a CI Version but im only lvl82 so far since I theorycrafted my Version first and just started playing it.
Sorry for wonky spelling, typing this on a Phone with german autocorrect.

Edit: With Assassins Mark, you can only proc Doom when Vixens is off cooldown it seems, because maybe all curses have to overlap. So its not worth it.
Last edited by Schlabbels on Jan 10, 2023, 5:58:07 PM
perfect
"
Schlabbels wrote:
You only need 2 curses socketed in vixens + spell cascade and optional Inspiration for mana cost.
I would run Temp chains and assassins mark for bosses/enfeeble for mapping.
Despair on 6l with impending Doom.
I didnt take the +1 curse from occultist so i can only apply 2 curses.
Somehow the curses from vixens are applied first if you cast despair so without spell cascade overlapping, the first cast on an enemy doesnt proc Doom Blast.
With enough AoE it procs because the overlaps reapply the curses multiple times.
I have 14% cdr on my gear so Impending Doom can proc about 7,5 times per second and because of the stored uses and overlaps you can cap this easily (i have like 3,5 casts of despair per second).
Downside is that you can apply "only" 2,5 or if you have enough mana regen 3,5 curses.
,5 because one curse is active half of the time because its getting removed and reapplied all the time.
Upside is free choice of body armour, lvl21 impending doom.
I for my self run a CI Version but im only lvl82 so far since I theorycrafted my Version first and just started playing it.
Sorry for wonky spelling, typing this on a Phone with german autocorrect.

Thank you! I will look deeper into this. I am always looking for help from the poe community help make builds better or break the gap of no gear to build gear! Thanks again!
Hi there!

Build seems quite nice.
What forbidden powers did you use on forbidden flame/flesh gems?
Last edited by rob_zombie1 on Jan 10, 2023, 12:19:42 PM
Hey I don’t have a PC (wish I did 😭) but I was wondering if you could add a passive tree even a zoomed out all blue so I can see which ways to go and a side note of notables would be nice
Hey! Interesting build and guide!

However i never ever do lvl100 char, max is 95-97 i usually go so the question is which points i should remove if i were lets say lvl95 max?
Last edited by Nadragh on Jan 13, 2023, 12:45:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info