Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

How is ruthless ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Zrevnur wrote:

"
Lawlyer9014 wrote:
I get demolished in white maps where I thought that 3.2K life + capped res + 1k armor&evasion + 60% block (glancing blows) would make my trip quite safe. But nope, not safe at all.
Low life, low evasion and almost no phys mitigation. And 'Glancing Blows' probably increases the damage you take. It would be surprising if you could tank (random white) mobs with that. With more life and some (maybe 4-5k for white maps) armour it would be much better.

Haha, yeah I realize I was being too optimistic (but still, the amount of defenses needed is higher than I thought) and had a depression moment not seeing how I could improve from there to not being insta-gibbed by leapers, flickers, multi-shotters...while still maintaining enough DPS

Actually, Glancing Blows helped a lot to prevent spike damage. My sustain is good so I don't care if I take more damage on average, I just need to prevent huge spikes (the goal is to drop that later once I either improve block chance or other defenses through gear).

I also improved my flask setup, adding two Granite Flasks : one automated for hits on rare or unique, and the other after a savage hit. I also have the chaos golem with Liege of the Primordial from Elemantalist for 8% Phys mitigation.

Added also a Quartz flask for phasing just in case + a Life flask with instant health on low life.

And it now feels pretty good now on white maps :)
Pathfinder RIP @87. T8 map without damage mods. Dont know what to. Was instagibbed - it at least showed like that on my screen. There was some severe desync going on probably. Char was showing up moving after RIP and far away from the (probable) location of the RIP. Its not the first time I noticed this. Somehow they messed up the synchronization between client and server. (Using lockstep obvsiously but not sure this works properly anymore.)

And Pathfinder very weak in Ruthless.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
So I played Elementalist to act 10 / lvl 72. Hybrid build with Golems + minions + selfcast. First time playing minions and first time playing Elementalist. It works and has strong single target. Build is clearly on the strong side overall. Probably particularly good for Sanctum but havent tried so far. But its also clunky and slow. And unfortunately I RIPped the 'Empower' (on weapon switch) which would have been good here maybe.
And I partially figured out how to build Hierophant (Templar for now still) without having 'Multiple Totems Support' (also RIP). But that would also be a slow build.
So its time to try for an actually properly working build. First time playing Raider I guess. Unfortunately there seem to be only 3 kinds of builds that kind of work in Ruthless. One of them is Raider.
My Lightning Arrow Build just got a new bow
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
After ripping two Hierophants in act IX, my Raider actually got into maps. I almost died to merciless Izaro (I was kiting him too far away and didn't see his leap). Here's the gear I used on the first map:

Desperately needing better helm, gloves and boots.
Last edited by kuukkeli on Jan 2, 2023, 2:58:20 PM
Raider is 76 now - also Artillery Ballista... Completed Story. Havent quite figured out everything. Like what to use as self attack. Right now its Toxic Rain but I have issues getting Frenzies with it. Also not sure if I want any of the totem passives - dont have any so far. Build is working well nonetheless. And easy to play too. The permanent Quartz and easily achievable full ele ailment immunity are quite advantageous in Ruthless. And go well with Artillery Ballista which otherwise would be very clunky/slow to play in bad layouts. Gear - with DETERMINATION:

Movement speed could be better though - was not able to come up with a suitable passive tree for Frenzy version of Raider which would have better Movement. Thinking about using this if I can 5-link it eventually:

Also got these - maybe they can be used for culling/onslaught/frenzies/innervate:

As it happens I justed dropped these (which I had before and RIPped them):

If I play Elementalist again then SRS etc are looking much better now.
And got these too:
i got bored at level 83

its too slow
too many detrimental progress blocking things
too unrewarding
too unfun

its for people who have too much free time and no one else

im glad a tired it but im done with it now and doubt ill spend much if any time with it anymore
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
I found a new helm:

Somehow I dont have good enough DPS with my Artillery Ballista Raider. So I was testing 'Overcharge' setup in Ossuary:

First idea was to use Overcharge with Ensnaring Arrow - total failure. Then I tried Lightning Arrow. Works better but probably wont scale well enough. Meaning Ensnaring Arrow without Overcharge will likely be better for single target which is my issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info