Where to Find Info on Launch Day

Really happy with those decisions - and happy to have clustered information outside of social-media-platforms.
Thank the lord. I feel like I'm catching a disease every time I go into the poe sub reddit.

Gives the feeling that being a basement neckbeard could be contagious
I like the idea. Personally I use reddit (and to a less extent twitter) but I understand the base being the official website, where everything would be available.
I have a limited annoyance with answers that happen on twitter and are not replicated elsewhere.
The fact to have all infos at one place is very good.Thanks Bex
Eat Sleep Repeat
Attempting to dodge overwhelmingly negative feedback by switching platforms (especially to twitter) seems rather pointless to me. They can do whatever they want of course but i highly doubt this will improve anything, especially not the game itself.
Excellent! I did not even know that a bunch of stuff gets posted by GGG on Reddit, so this will be my most informed league yet :D
"
Jayos wrote:
Switching off of Reddit while continuing with Twitter is strictly worse in every sense for engagement, empirical usage, and of course, supporting a platform that actively promotes every form of hate imaginable. While not every issue needs a social impact attached to it, it's glaring that a website that had active discussions between development/management/PR of GGG and players is going by the wayside at a time during the most unpopular league with the most unpopular changes ever made.

Reverting to a heavily moderated forum with vertical control by the company that has a vested interest in controlling the critical discussion is anathema to the "transparency" and "honesty" that GGG has prided itself in throughout the company's life.

While relatively unsurprising given the financial impact of players voicing their concerns and dislike for objectively bad changes (given the reversions made), it's a marked departure from the culture of GGG that is frankly, troubling. Retreating to a forum in which the discussion will undoubtedly skew toward sycophantic, self fulfilling positivity will almost assuredly lead GGG down the path of so many companies that become fully detached from their community's concerns and criticisms - which are vital to the prolonged success of any venture.

EDIT: Also, functionally this forum is absolutely horrendous for any relevant discussion on any information posted whatsoever. Sifting through replies or pages of replies with multiple overlapping conversations is incredibly frustrating. I would suggest that it's only ever effective, in its current format, of burying any criticism or discussion. Instead, you have like 10 pages of one word "nice" "pog" spam. Simply worse than Reddit in every way.

The man is right about everything, but because of the way the forum works his message will just get lost
"
DisylusTV wrote:
Thank the lord. I feel like I'm catching a disease every time I go into the poe sub reddit.

Gives the feeling that being a basement neckbeard could be contagious

What's wrong with being a basement neckbeard? I find your post really offensive.

You might not like the PoE sub and that's ok, it's your choice, but that doesn't mean you have to insult people that spend time on it and like it.
Just don't go there if you don't like it, nobody's forcing you.

"
Jayos wrote:
Switching off of Reddit while continuing with Twitter is strictly worse in every sense for engagement, empirical usage, and of course, supporting a platform that actively promotes every form of hate imaginable. While not every issue needs a social impact attached to it, it's glaring that a website that had active discussions between development/management/PR of GGG and players is going by the wayside at a time during the most unpopular league with the most unpopular changes ever made.

Reverting to a heavily moderated forum with vertical control by the company that has a vested interest in controlling the critical discussion is anathema to the "transparency" and "honesty" that GGG has prided itself in throughout the company's life.

While relatively unsurprising given the financial impact of players voicing their concerns and dislike for objectively bad changes (given the reversions made), it's a marked departure from the culture of GGG that is frankly, troubling. Retreating to a forum in which the discussion will undoubtedly skew toward sycophantic, self fulfilling positivity will almost assuredly lead GGG down the path of so many companies that become fully detached from their community's concerns and criticisms - which are vital to the prolonged success of any venture.

EDIT: Also, functionally this forum is absolutely horrendous for any relevant discussion on any information posted whatsoever. Sifting through replies or pages of replies with multiple overlapping conversations is incredibly frustrating. I would suggest that it's only ever effective, in its current format, of burying any criticism or discussion. Instead, you have like 10 pages of one word "nice" "pog" spam. Simply worse than Reddit in every way.

Very factual and very true. If you guys are going to be xposting to Twitter, at the very least do the same with Reddit. Otherwise, how are we expected to get our daily dose of Bex?
I'm glad I don't have to visit Reddit anymore, wading through all the hate to find useful information was very tiring.

I do think that information should continue to be crossposted to Reddit, even if the GGG team don't interact with the comments. Reddit allows for discussion of a post in a very different format. Currently Reddit's turned sour, but it still has potential to be useful once the current storm has died down.
Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info