[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

"
Morfogore1001 wrote:
hi, excuseme, is better get a void battery or one rare wand like this?

+70% spell damage
+30 global critical strike multiplier
+1 to level of physical skill gems

If I had to guess, the rare, but that's a question only POB can answer for you with certainty.
blade vortex hit? can i put "active when hit a rare enemy" on flasks?
"
Morfogore1001 wrote:
blade vortex hit? can i put "active when hit a rare enemy" on flasks?

Yup, BV is definitely a hit despite the fact that it has a duration and a periodic damage interval.
Deciding between cold occultist or cold trickster. i do like the defenses of trickster. But most importantly i like increased skill effect duration, which ascendancy has more?
Build is nice so far.

Iam now lvl 88 and my gear is bäh and i die too often.

What is the best way for survivebility?

fyi

last lab missing
not ele immun
no spell suppression
low armour and evasion
4.5k life
700 es
"
5ecured wrote:
Deciding between cold occultist or cold trickster. i do like the defenses of trickster. But most importantly i like increased skill effect duration, which ascendancy has more?

Neither offers any skill duration from the ascendency, and the shadow is only one or two passives closer to the duration nodes on the tree.
"
PattyWin wrote:
Build is nice so far.

fyi

last lab missing
not ele immun
no spell suppression
low armour and evasion
4.5k life
700 es

Im lvl 94 atm. Other than capping res and get more life on gear, heres what i did::

Freeze Prolif through blast freeze. Freeze is the only defense early on.

When you have a on hit curse ring: (get one with frostbite asap)
Mastery that regens 1% when you curse a non cursed enemy should keep you healthy for mapping (its near the extra curse top right) not good for bosses though.

That does not help against oneshots yet, here i specced into surpress (necessary imo). Im at 90% feels way better now. (Armor, helmet, boots and surpress wheel top right)

Then get reservation reduction for dermimation. (Small cluster, herald reserv mastery, eldritch helm, 3% on jewels)

After i swapped to occ on 94 i also began using defiance banner ( did not have enough reservation before)

Then doryanis (something) on cluster. (Very expensive, 3div in combination with blast freeze). It has the advantage over the before mentioned curse mastery, that its straight leech.

Chaos resistance, i have about 30%ish removes some of the bs deaths through chaos dmg

Overall it feels better now but its still not „champion“ tanky. Take a look at my char, its not perfect but reasonable i think.

Last edited by Cediii on Dec 16, 2022, 8:37:27 AM
"
PattyWin wrote:
Build is nice so far.

fyi

last lab missing
not ele immun
no spell suppression
low armour and evasion
4.5k life
700 es

Definitely go for the lab ASAP, bastion of elements will go a LONG way towards your survival.

The other key to surviving at that gear level in high tier maps is respecting map mods. I'll be putting out a video today that goes over this in more detail, but basically you need to start being more afraid of defensive mods than offensive mods when you're considering a scour before your alch+go, since losing the ability to freeze is what's actually going to get you killed.

So watch for mods like:
1. Monsters Action Speed Cannot be Reduced Below Base Value
2. Monsters Take Reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strike, Monsters Gain Elemental Resistance, and Monsters Have More Life
3. Monsters Have a Chance to Suppress Spell Damage and Monsters Have a Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments
4. Reduced Curse/Aura Effect, Cannot Inflict Exposure, Hexproof

Always reroll #1, it's as bad as a reflect for a build that can't handle reflect.
One mod from #2 in isolation is ok, but a combo is much more deadly.
#3 are not the worst, but are dangerous when combined with others on the list
I count two mods from #4 to be the same as one from #2

map mods to avoid?
"
Morfogore1001 wrote:
map mods to avoid?

Are you asking about layouts or explicits? For explicits check the reply just above yours, for layouts, I try to avoid things that have huge wide open areas where monsters can really spread out. You don't necessarily need to go as narrow as toxic sewers though, crimson temple or silo are just right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info