[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

Just take a look at this man's PoB. This build works great and it is fun as all hell. There is not much you won't know about cold bv after looking at the notes section in this PoB or watching the video
Beginner's question:

If I grab a helmet with "Socketed Skills Apply Fire, Cold, and Lightning Exposure on Hit", can socket it with my Vortex/Bonechill/ArcSurge/UnbAil for free exposure?

Not sure if Vortex counts as a "hit".
Enjoying the build thus far, great transition from RF last league.

I think the POB and build section in general needs a "mid mapping" sample gear set. The transition from early to late is a little jarring. Such as right now, I just put 100c in to the basics "great upgrades" but neither early or late mapping fit where i'm at right now. Early league many of the "cheap" items are unobtainable for less than 1div.

I managed OK but I could see where people could struggle without the handhold. I was trying to be lazy myself at first but then decided to lick a 9v to get my three brain cells rumbling again.
"
tengumai wrote:
Beginner's question:

If I grab a helmet with "Socketed Skills Apply Fire, Cold, and Lightning Exposure on Hit", can socket it with my Vortex/Bonechill/ArcSurge/UnbAil for free exposure?

Not sure if Vortex counts as a "hit".

Only the initial burst from the Vortex as the area first appears counts as a hit, so it can work but it can also be wonky/unreliable.
"
Skura wrote:
what can i do to make more damage on bosses, i have big problems killing boss on t11+

Weapon upgrades are the most impactful early on, and at that point of progression you should be moving into Critical Strikes and feeling a lot more damage. Make sure you're using assassin's mark on those bosses, and pick up a little freeze duration if you can so they freeze more easily.
Hey, im not sure if i should use increased Critical Strikes or Hypothermia. When i check "enemy is on brittle" i overcap 100% Chance but enemys are not always on the brittle ground i create right? But on the otherhand pob shows Hypthermia to be 300k more dps (when enemy on brittle is checked) and im still at 92% crit.

What would be the best? And would my weapon be fine to switch to occ with?

Heres my pob if you have time to take a look (my tree is a mess):
https://pastebin.com/cDC6UVaT

Thanks, great build so far btw.
"
Cediii wrote:
Hey, im not sure if i should use increased Critical Strikes or Hypothermia. When i check "enemy is on brittle" i overcap 100% Chance but enemys are not always on the brittle ground i create right? But on the otherhand pob shows Hypthermia to be 300k more dps (when enemy on brittle is checked) and im still at 92% crit.

What would be the best? And would my weapon be fine to switch to occ with?

Heres my pob if you have time to take a look (my tree is a mess):
https://pastebin.com/cDC6UVaT

Thanks, great build so far btw.

It's true they aren't always on brittle ground, but beefier enemies will usually be affected by it if you're moving correctly. In the sanctum, brittle is much harder to use reliably, but everywhere else it should be considered reliable.

Tree looks fine to me, what are you concerned about?
Call me a skeptic. are you folks actually freezing rares \ map bosses (can you even freeze them??)
I league started this. I'm in the late phases of the 5-10 div area... Look at POB I have ~3.1 sec freeze duration and I rarely freeze rares even with vortex\bonechill and frostbite on hit.
"
jakepbrown wrote:
Call me a skeptic. are you folks actually freezing rares \ map bosses (can you even freeze them??)
I league started this. I'm in the late phases of the 5-10 div area... Look at POB I have ~3.1 sec freeze duration and I rarely freeze rares even with vortex\bonechill and frostbite on hit.

There's definitely something strange going on if you're not freezing rares with that level of investment, unless you're giving them suppression from the altars, which makes them take 70-80% less damage, or stacking a bunch of defensive map mods (watch for "monsters take reduced extra damage from critical strikes" resists, or more life).

It's easy to let defensive mods multiply and get out of hand. If a monster has 40% resistance, 40% more life, and is taking 40% reduced extra damage from critical strikes (so more or less ~40% reduced damage when we have over 400% crit multi), that's basically like it having ~250% more life. Give that guy a spell suppression altar, and now it's well over 1000% more.

Last edited by Chronic_Painless on Dec 13, 2022, 10:34:56 PM
hi, excuseme, is better get a void battery or one rare wand like this?

+70% spell damage
+30 global critical strike multiplier
+1 to level of physical skill gems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info