[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

Hello..

If been following your PoB but I'm currently having problems with equips under 1-5div budget as I can't find some stuff in standard trade. I'm currently transitioning to arm/evd gears with spell suppress.. I have the armor ready but yet to 6L and color it right to use it.. here is my PoB.

https://pastebin.com/4DMJmcfe

Edit: What do you suggets I remove to fit in vaal molten shell and CWDT?
Last edited by AiRELEKiRE on Jan 2, 2023, 2:25:11 AM
was wondering how come my effective hit pool is so low compared,
https://pastebin.com/pEnETj6j
thanks in advance
"
AiRELEKiRE wrote:
Hello..

If been following your PoB but I'm currently having problems with equips under 1-5div budget as I can't find some stuff in standard trade. I'm currently transitioning to arm/evd gears with spell suppress.. I have the armor ready but yet to 6L and color it right to use it.. here is my PoB.

https://pastebin.com/4DMJmcfe

Edit: What do you suggets I remove to fit in vaal molten shell and CWDT?

You don't need both Frostblink and Flamedash, but I'd consider giving shield charge a try if you haven't yet.

You can also drop Unbound Ailments Support since it's mostly a luxury. Drop Onslaught Support and grab a Silver Flask as well, you can ditch the Basalt or the Jade.

I'd definitely recommend getting some brittle boots and building out your crit/damage more before going heavily into defense though.
Last edited by Chronic_Painless on Jan 2, 2023, 11:51:34 AM
"
Arkamius wrote:
thanks in advance

Your eHP is so low because you don't really have any armour, and you're not running Molten Shell.

Only your gloves are providing base armour at the moment, and you're missing a granite flask as well, so even though you have Determination/Defiance Banner there's not enough of a foundation for those multipliers to be multiplying.

You're also very underleveled for being an Occultist, and have some wasted points in Medium Cluster small passives, so you're missing the life/armour we get from the far left side of the tree (and the power charge as well).

Are you using shield charge? That's the main point of wearing a shield, so if you don't like using it to get around then I'd recommend going for more damage from a second weapon, or even going the Spellbow route with an Asphyxia's Quiver.

I'm also very confused by your Frostblink links, can you help me understand what you're going for there?

-
Last edited by Chronic_Painless on Jan 2, 2023, 11:51:20 AM
"
"
Arkamius wrote:
thanks in advance

Your eHP is so low because you don't really have any armour, and you're not running Molten Shell.

Only your gloves are providing base armour at the moment, and you're missing a granite flask as well, so even though you have Determination/Defiance Banner there's not enough of a foundation for those multipliers to be multiplying.

You're also very underleveled for being an Occultist, and have some wasted points in Medium Cluster small passives, so you're missing the life/armour we get from the far left side of the tree (and the power charge as well).

Are you using shield charge? That's the main point of wearing a shield, so if you don't like using it to get around then I'd recommend going for more damage from a second weapon, or even going the Spellbow route with an Asphyxia's Quiver.

I'm also very confused by your Frostblink links, can you help me understand what you're going for there?

hey, thank you very much for your response and advice,i will look forward to obtaining more armor as you recommend to enjoy the multipliers.

I know I'm missing around 4-5 lvls, working toward it, and yeah it does explain the low hitpool.

i do not use shield charge as im enjoying the mobility of the frostblink much more, but i guess i can try and somehow combine the two. or perhaps add void battery to boost dmg.

for frostblink links, was just lvling up those gem skills, no real use for them in the link.
Slowly (for me) the build shown his real power.

@Chronic_Painless: u said if we get a lvl 5 awak cold gem, we could swap out Frost Bomb. Till i have the feeling that frost bomb is my best damage dealer. Maybe iam doing sthg wrong.

My strategy till now:

- try to maintain 10 Blades
- chield charge into packs
- activate flasks
- frequently frost bomb

Is this right?

------

What can we do with the remaining sockel slots. i have some over :D
Last edited by PattyWin on Jan 3, 2023, 3:46:21 AM
"
PattyWin wrote:

@Chronic_Painless: u said if we get a lvl 5 awak cold gem, we could swap out Frost Bomb. Till i have the feeling that frost bomb is my best damage dealer. Maybe iam doing sthg wrong.

My strategy till now:

- activate flasks
- frequently frost bomb

Is this right?

------

Never ever is frostbomb your main dmg^^
And you should have no links open:

Frostbomb(if automated with arcanist band you need 4 sockets= fb, hextouch, assa mark, arcanist brand)

Shield charge, faster attack

Vortex , unbound ailments, bonechill, arcane surge

BV setup 6 link

2 heralds and hatred... so no leftover sockets... maybe look into pob :D
"
PattyWin wrote:

My strategy till now:

- activate flasks
- frequently frost bomb

Is this right?

------

What phase of the build are you in? Frostbomb should stop being the main killer once you swap to BV in act 6. We only really use it for the cold exposure debuff at that point.

As for strategy, maintaining 10 blades is key, but you'll need to use shield charge AND either flame dash or frostblink. If you try to shield charge at a pack of ranged monsters and are a little too slow, you'll get shotgunned down, so make sure to blink/dash as a gap closer in those situations.

Frost bomb is mainly reserved for really dangerous rares and map bosses when we want an extra damage boost (from the exposure, the actual bomb damage is negligible).

The extra sockets are where a CWDT setup can go in the later stages, but I'm not sure where you are in the evolution.

"
Obermaster10 wrote:

Never ever is frostbomb your main dmg^^
And you should have no links open:

Frostbomb(if automated with arcanist band you need 4 sockets= fb, hextouch, assa mark, arcanist brand)

Shield charge, faster attack

Vortex , unbound ailments, bonechill, arcane surge

BV setup 6 link

2 heralds and hatred... so no leftover sockets... maybe look into pob :D

Hextouch won't do anything in that setup, just linking the mark to the brand will apply it, and marks aren't hexes anyway.

It's also very reasonable to get rid of unbound ailments, as it's a luxury that rarely actually boosts our damage.

Finally, even in the setup you listed there's several free sockets.

4 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 3 = 19
and we have 4 + 4 + 4 + 6 + 3 + 3 = 24
"
"
PattyWin wrote:

My strategy till now:

- activate flasks
- frequently frost bomb

Is this right?

------

What phase of the build are you in? Frostbomb should stop being the main killer once you swap to BV in act 6. We only really use it for the cold exposure debuff at that point.

As for strategy, maintaining 10 blades is key, but you'll need to use shield charge AND either flame dash or frostblink. If you try to shield charge at a pack of ranged monsters and are a little too slow, you'll get shotgunned down, so make sure to blink/dash as a gap closer in those situations.

Frost bomb is mainly reserved for really dangerous rares and map bosses when we want an extra damage boost (from the exposure, the actual bomb damage is negligible).

The extra sockets are where a CWDT setup can go in the later stages, but I'm not sure where you are in the evolution.

I swap to occultist and iam now at lvl97.

Biggest problem is to get more than 40% spell suppression.

Therefore my first aim is to reach 100% spell suppression.

---------------

For damage scaling, what is best?

1. crit multi
2. gem level
3. add phys to spell

Maybe my shield is the first piece to change for damage increase....?
Last edited by PattyWin on Jan 3, 2023, 9:44:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info