Forbidden Sanctum Meta Pigeon Holes Us

I'm just a little concerned about this league on how punishing it could be on some people but also how it works with party play.

Play a skill you like, Worry less on what everyone else is playing and focus on your own enjoyment exiles, The meta has been far too corrosive in this game when it comes to individual thought and build diversity.

also reverse knockback spark totems came to mind, adored that one.. Might give it a try before they nuke spark again.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 3, 2022, 5:03:01 AM
OP you could be right but you might not be, I have concerns in the same direction but they don't have to have designed it so resolve damage is taken constantly.

Right now for example my thinking is that resolve damaging attacks will be similar to Betrayal telegraphs, so like if you get hit by Haku's windup slam you take resolve damage but his auto attack won't cause any resolve damage.

Thats OK honestly as any archetype has to dodge that aside from proxies taking aggro for you.

If the telegraphs are too frequent, spammy or hard to dodge however I think its bad. Basically the meta might pigeon hole us but in principle I think they've tried to make it more build enabling than usual not less.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
OP you could be right but you might not be, I have concerns in the same direction but they don't have to have designed it so resolve damage is taken constantly.

Right now for example my thinking is that resolve damaging attacks will be similar to Betrayal telegraphs, so like if you get hit by Haku's windup slam you take resolve damage but his auto attack won't cause any resolve damage.

Thats OK honestly as any archetype has to dodge that aside from proxies taking aggro for you.

If the telegraphs are too frequent, spammy or hard to dodge however I think its bad. Basically the meta might pigeon hole us but in principle I think they've tried to make it more build enabling than usual not less.

If that's the case, that'd be much more alleviating for build diversity, but I don't remember Chris saying there were special attacks that drain resolve, but just "if you get hit." I'd love to be wrong on this and it makes more sense for it to be the way you think.
"
Spurnshadow wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

If that's the case, that'd be much more alleviating for build diversity, but I don't remember Chris saying there were special attacks that drain resolve, but just "if you get hit." I'd love to be wrong on this and it makes more sense for it to be the way you think.

I hope you are the wrong :P

Cant be every hit, It would remove too many builds and group play options from the mix.

Innocence forgives you
"
"
Spurnshadow wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

I hope you are the wrong :P

Cant be every hit, It would remove too many builds and group play options from the mix.

No, it's definitely going to be every hit.

However...

I'm of the suggestion that some hits will impact resolve more than others. Basic attacks will chip away tiny bits of Resolve, but the heavily telegraphed ones will rip huge chunks out.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.

This is from the FAQ:

"Your resolve is impacted less by attacks that you're close to, so melee characters can have an easier time."

So, yeah, it seems like it's any hit, but man, that response is strange.
My guess is this mechanic was meant to be one where you couldn't simply outgear. I guess Chris feels odd each league launch trumping up how difficult they made their encounter only to have players gear up to the hilt and laugh everything off that way. I don't know that it's done perfectly (it never is) and I'm guessing there will be some pretty big changes once the league gets rolling but I actually like the idea of something you can't just outgear.
Wait so the league is already out and people have tested this?

Can we just play the league for a bit, see how the close range resolve system works. See how the relics perform, maybe melee has to get certain relics while range can get others. There are far to many unknowns about this mechanic.

These are valid points but hold off on this until we get to try it for a week or 2.
"
e1337donkey wrote:

These are valid points but hold off on this until we get to try it for a week or 2.

by the time they are over with the league? i think the right moment to raise issues is now, after launch nobody gonna care
YES lets all complain about league withaut even playing or knowing how it rly works. Lets all demand changes and balance to it :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info