Looking at my currency tab makes me nauseous.

there was so much advanced notice...
Its on you to have missed the opportunity to convert and thus capitalize on the moment... I myself managed to just simple stumble onto 40 div worth of six links just by taking the time to dig them out of my stash
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
If this doesn't tell you to stop playing on perma league, where changes like this really matter, nothing will.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 6, 2022, 9:55:52 AM
"
JKlupper wrote:
I never thought I would get past the exalt devalue but if GGG gave some guarantees that this aberration will never happen again maybe I could finally play again.
Even tho it would be nice to have my value back.

You've played since 2014... so you should remember that back then Standard was also referred to as 'the dump league'.

It was the place where items and currency were 'dumped' after a temp league, and its entire purpose was (and is) to avoid GGG getting deluged with customer support complaints because people 'lost their lewt'.

GGG has always maintained that Standard would reflect the game changes made in the temp leagues, and that there was NO guarantees that anything in Standard would persist across temp leagues, nor that it would retain any theoretical value.

Your complaint is really that you disregarded this publicised fact...
strange, most people in this thread defend ggg on this. Is it such a real job that you have to be there all day, followingn every news to make sure ggg doesnt ruin your currency. Not only just a lazy change but on top of that, CW laughing at people losing their currency. How hard for them to propose a 1 to 1 recipe for people in standard. Thinking that people defend this hurt my brains. It woudl take 1 hour for them to have proposed an exchange at whatever rate. 1 to 1 or 1 for 2. Continue to defend the undefandable people you ll get a good game like that.
95% of players dont give a single flying fk about standard and since long time ago standard is just to dump items from league so players can tests things and standard is for completely new players to learn about game and later play league, AND dont hoard exalts for 10 years :D thats brain dead in the first place
"
vio wrote:
currency is just a means to delay a compensation for some work you just did into the future.

in real life and in games. you're never rich until you used the currency to be compensated for the original work and bought something you can actually use.

Exactly, except in PoE we don't have a generic currency, and if we did, exchanging the functionality of Exalt for Divine in meta crafting wouldn't ever be an issue. It's like telling construction workers that instead of 100% steel, they now have to use 50% steel and 50% gold. Steel will invariably be cheaper and gold more expensive.

The place holder for generic currency was Exalt, everyone knew that, everyone priced everything based on that. Changing that in an ever reseting economy is not an issue, but an established one, is.

What's most moronic about this, is that league players love to cry and whine like babies ceaselessly about having their time wasted when they nerf stuff mid league. This was the same issue for standard, but now it's too late to revert and pointless to argue about.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Dec 6, 2022, 1:38:26 PM
"
JKlupper wrote:
Hey , it's been a league since I played this game.I would very much like to play again.I already made a very large post about why I cannot do so at the start of last league and have been patiently waiting for AT LEAST AN EXPLANATION.

SO here it is I am asking again : WILL WE EVER GET OUR VALUE BACK ON STANDARD LEAGUE?EVERY TIME I LOOK AT MY EXALTED ORB STACK I FEEL LIKE THROWING UP REMEMBERING HOW YOU DENIED 8 YEARS OF PLAYING OBSESSIVELY IN 1 ACTION.

I know I shouldn't keep all my eggs in one basket and I have not , I still have stuff.I played years with 20 trade windows opened , 4 third party tools , 5 wikipedia windows delt with more weirdos than I care to remeber for those exalted orbs....

Also how am I supose to know that if , god forbid , I hoard a couple of mirrors you wont make them useless in the future?!

I never thought I would get past the exalt devalue but if GGG gave some guarantees that this aberration will never happen again maybe I could finally play again.Even tho it would be nice to have my value back.

Please if there is a statement about this topic direct me to it if not please some one from GGG answer if we can ever trust that this will never happen again.

I feel you bro. I'm sure that those of us that play standard all have similar feelings. I shrugged it off. Here's how I did. I told myself, it's only a game. I'm still way ahead of where I would be if I was just starting. I can now much more aggressively fill that sixth open mod slot in my items. Maybe even occasionally filling the fourth open mod on a jewel. :-D
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info