Looking at my currency tab makes me nauseous.

currency is just a means to delay a compensation for some work you just did into the future.

in real life and in games. you're never rich until you used the currency to be compensated for the original work and bought something you can actually use.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Reinhart wrote:
Chris Wilson during the Sanctum Expansion Q&A with ZiggyD on exalt-divine swap:

Like seriously like oh I had put all my money in Bitcoin and now it's worthless right, like diversify right, again Path of Exile will set you up for life, have a diversified portfolio of currency items. And not just currency items, keep some rares, some craftings, some old skin maps, some alt art items. I found out I have this Redbeak on my account from the early race seasons, like I'm talking I logged in to do races back in 2013 to literally test they were working and got an alternate art redbeak and now it's worth a mirror in Standard. But yeah invest in a variety of different items in your standard portfolio if you don't want to get wrecked by economic changes.

so the guy who bought the bubble is running the game economy?

it now made sense to me...
"
feral_nature wrote:

so the guy who bought the bubble is running the game economy?

it now made sense to me...

Yep pretty epic. :)
"
Reinhart wrote:
Chris Wilson during the Sanctum Expansion Q&A with ZiggyD on exalt-divine swap:

Like seriously like oh I had put all my money in Bitcoin and now it's worthless right, like diversify right, again Path of Exile will set you up for life, have a diversified portfolio of currency items. And not just currency items, keep some rares, some craftings, some old skin maps, some alt art items. I found out I have this Redbeak on my account from the early race seasons, like I'm talking I logged in to do races back in 2013 to literally test they were working and got an alternate art redbeak and now it's worth a mirror in Standard. But yeah invest in a variety of different items in your standard portfolio if you don't want to get wrecked by economic changes.

I have all those things he mentioned still doesn't make the change , that took place very fast from anouncement , ok.
And I'm sure if Chris had a part of his money in Bitcoin and it would lose 80% of it's value , over night, he would not be happy.
Last edited by JKlupper on Dec 4, 2022, 2:43:28 AM
Good thing CW diversified into Magic the Gathering cards. OH wait :P
"
JKlupper wrote:

I have all those things he mentioned still doesn't make the change , that took place very fast from anouncement , ok.
And I'm sure if Chris had a part of his money in Bitcoin and it would lose 80% of it's value , over night, he would not be happy.

The reason they changed the metacrafts to divines is because they wanted well rolled items to matter more AND make it easier for people to slam items with exalts. That is the main reason and the only reason why GGG did this change.

The quote I posted is just Chris saying you need to diversify your "wealth" into multiple assets because gameplay mechanics might change. If you put them all in one basket, then yes, you have high risk to lose it all.

Also it were the players themselves who created the illusion that Exalts were some e-gold that functions like a medium of exchange. If you were here since the beginning, you would know GGG doesn't like a gold system but favours a barter system.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
JKlupper wrote:

The reason they changed the metacrafts to divines is because they wanted well rolled items to matter more AND make it easier for people to slam items with exalts. That is the main reason and the only reason why GGG did this change.

The quote I posted is just Chris saying you need to diversify your "wealth" into multiple assets because gameplay mechanics might change. If you put them all in one basket, then yes, you have high risk to lose it all.

Also it were the players themselves who created the illusion that Exalts were some e-gold that functions like a medium of exchange. If you were here since the beginning, you would know GGG doesn't like a gold system but favours a barter system.

You sure do like stating obvious things, while completely missing the point.
"
JKlupper wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
JKlupper wrote:

You sure do like stating obvious things, while completely missing the point.

Well this is your point in your op and I addressed it!

WILL WE EVER GET OUR VALUE BACK ON STANDARD LEAGUE?EVERY TIME I LOOK AT MY EXALTED ORB STACK I FEEL LIKE THROWING UP REMEMBERING HOW YOU DENIED 8 YEARS OF PLAYING OBSESSIVELY IN 1 ACTION.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

You need to diversify your bonds, player.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
"
JKlupper wrote:
Hey , it's been a league since I played this game.I would very much like to play again.I already made a very large post about why I cannot do so at the start of last league and have been patiently waiting for AT LEAST AN EXPLANATION.

SO here it is I am asking again : WILL WE EVER GET OUR VALUE BACK ON STANDARD LEAGUE?EVERY TIME I LOOK AT MY EXALTED ORB STACK I FEEL LIKE THROWING UP REMEMBERING HOW YOU DENIED 8 YEARS OF PLAYING OBSESSIVELY IN 1 ACTION.

I know I shouldn't keep all my eggs in one basket and I have not , I still have stuff.I played years with 20 trade windows opened , 4 third party tools , 5 wikipedia windows delt with more weirdos than I care to remeber for those exalted orbs....

Also how am I supose to know that if , god forbid , I hoard a couple of mirrors you wont make them useless in the future?!

I never thought I would get past the exalt devalue but if GGG gave some guarantees that this aberration will never happen again maybe I could finally play again.Even tho it would be nice to have my value back.

Please if there is a statement about this topic direct me to it if not please some one from GGG answer if we can ever trust that this will never happen again.

You didn't convert your Exalted Orbs to mirrors? Feelsbadman.

I don't play standard but atleast I had an even distribution of Exalteds and Divines (About 1k of each) after the change so I can still try new build ideas out before a league starts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info