Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Teasers

I'm not sure what the use-case of Cursed Ground Support is. Doomsday was useful for ramping up to max Doom quickly, and the new Hex Master lets you use Hexes even if you're reducing skill effect duration. But I don't see the benefit of having a curse stick to the area instead of the monster, and the obvious disadvantage is that the curse stops working if the monster moves away.
cursed ground

another gem i see no one using KEKW
atleast another square on my bingo card ticked off
how does Cursed Ground Support interact with things that curse on hit? is there a baseline aoe cursed ground it makes, or does it just *not work*?
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
how does Cursed Ground Support interact with things that curse on hit? is there a baseline aoe cursed ground it makes, or does it just *not work*?
If you mean rings with a "curse enemies with X on hit" explicit mod, those don't actually grant skills, so you can't support them with CG even if they're unset rings. If you mean hexes supported with Hextouch Support, that prevents you from casting the hex directly at all.
For curse ground support, it is obviously useless as your discription, unless its level grants juicy amount of inc or more curse effect. But according to your change, it seems impossible right?

Thus, to make it useful, I think you need to change base aoe of supported hexes to maybe 25 or even larger; or grant 50% inc/more cast speed or higher value; or make supported hexes instant-cast with a proper value of cooldown, maybe 6 seconds.

Besides, such a high mana cost multiplier is insane, it should be 120% at most since hexes have high basic mana cost now and it expects us to cast it over and over again to create a large area of hex to make sure that enemies could be affected by it( unless we could cast once to fill almost the whole screen without significant input).

"
SmashinBob wrote:
To all of you saying the keystone is bad, you just fail to see bigger picture, keystones are for specific build types, like for instance selfcursing with the unique jewel(20% dmg per curse on you), you only need to do it on start of map. Its a huge buff, since the 20% reduced curse effect is something you need to scale for that anyway, 4heads.

Please stop trolling. For self curse temp chains you need to stack increased temp chains curse effect.
Last edited by Voidbreaker1 on Nov 30, 2022, 5:58:36 PM
Hex Master:

Trading giant Curse AOE buffs for permanent curses and less curse effect.

Looks like a big nerf for me for litte to no practical QoL.
Curses last 10 seconds base which is plenty of time to do damage before recasting again.

Add more spice this this new node like more damage taken by enemies the longer they are cursed, etc.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 30, 2022, 5:47:16 PM
beyond and delirium boys... here we go
This cursed ground thing is also troll. But unlike the keystone, this can be used by everyone for some small advantages:

1. You don't have to spend a point for it. Gem sockets are kinda whatever (especially in poe2). "Cool"

2. If a boss like Veritania becomes invulnerable and comes back, she will lose the curse. If you have the ground up, she will instantly get cursed when she steps on it. In other words, you don't have to waste 0.5 seconds with casting the curse, which can translate to less damage or big hits coming your way. If you have more curses, the better.

3. This is pretty interesting. I personally self cast temp chains since 4 leagues now and there is an issue. Let's say you curse a pack and way behind it there is a rare that has a ton of movement speed. You clear the pack and you suddenly see the big boy that charges at you. Then in the next frame you are dead. If you have this ground instead, you clear the pack and whatever comes close will also get cursed. This means less casts of your curses and defence since you avoided death.

The downside however is pretty hilarious:

If your curse is no longer a debuff on the target and it's now a ground effect, that will translate to you dying to moving targets ( Veritania from earlier or most likely, let's say, The Constrictor(I hate him) or the fast dude ). So it basically nullifies what I said earlier regarding avoiding deaths and you would probably die more in the end. The fast guy that charges at you maybe will manage to go past the curse area and one tap you. And regarding damage, of course, you will deal less. "Kill mobs before they kill you" will pretty much fail here.

So in the end, the only benefit is that a boss with phases will get cursed instantly, a change that people asked for the keystone. The keystone grants infinite duration to curses, but the curses get removed so you still have to reapply them.

Conclusion: I don't even know why I made this post. There is no real benefit of using this. The second example is so irelevant. In practice you won't be a PoB warrior and try to inflict "perfect" damage. And you probably won't die in 0.5 ish seconds while casting temp chains or enfeeble.

So yeah, another fail from ggg, apart from removing curse reduction. That will change the landscape for the better.
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Hex Master:

Trading giant Curse AOE buffs for permanent curses and less curse effect.

Looks like a big nerf for me for litte to no practical QoL.
Curses last 10 seconds base which is plenty of time to do damage before recasting again.

Add more spice this this new node like more damage taken by enemies the longer they are cursed, etc.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The real spice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info