Streamer Interview - ds_lily

LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY LILY !!!!!
Best interview i read, tips etc!!

ty gl
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
"
Sarno wrote:
Cool!

I like these interviews.

The frequency of various iterations of 'do what you want even if it's not optimal' in these interviews by people calibrating their content for maximum efficacy muddies the waters pretty hard for me. But eh these people benefit GGG and GGG benefit them so y'know they have to toe that particular line at some point I guess.

I've yet to read one of these that in any way makes me feel like I was missing something by using just one screen at a time to engage with Path of Exile.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Mentoya wrote:
Sorry but there are such things as email interviews. An interview, it doesn't mean that you are face to face in the same room...I've heard the term "email interviews" quite a bit. Also, "Sat Down with" is subjective.

It is not because somebody uses an oxymoron that the meaning of the word changes because of it.

For example, somebody could say nonsense such as "replayed live event", it would not mean that a replay can be a live feed, it cannot by definition.

Regarding "sat down", you probably mean figurative, which I assumed it was and therefore asked the question to make sure.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
"
Sarno wrote:
Cool!

I like these interviews.

The frequency of various iterations of 'do what you want even if it's not optimal' in these interviews by people calibrating their content for maximum efficacy muddies the waters pretty hard for me. But eh these people benefit GGG and GGG benefit them so y'know they have to toe that particular line at some point I guess.

I've yet to read one of these that in any way makes me feel like I was missing something by using just one screen at a time to engage with Path of Exile.

---

I have never watched a streamer play any game outside of small recordings they use in a Youtube video. For me it would be almost unbearable to sit around and watch someone play. But that doesn't mean I don't see the value for other people and also for growing the game (which is good for everyone BTW).

Regarding Lily or other streamers/content providers sincerely saying that quality of play matters, I think it is unfair to think that they play perfectly efficient - even Grimro fiddles around looking for new and fun interactions.

Just because Lily is a gaming goddess and a much better player than just about everyone doesn't mean she is full speed into min/maxing the content. She likely comes close to min/maxing her playing, but that is completely different than forcing herself to run stuff she doesn't like which I am quite sure she not only does not do, but she has no need to do because of her playing skill.
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
"
"
Sarno wrote:
Cool!

I like these interviews.

---

I have never watched a streamer play any game outside of small recordings they use in a Youtube video. For me it would be almost unbearable to sit around and watch someone play. But that doesn't mean I don't see the value for other people and also for growing the game (which is good for everyone BTW).

Regarding Lily or other streamers/content providers sincerely saying that quality of play matters, I think it is unfair to think that they play perfectly efficient - even Grimro fiddles around looking for new and fun interactions.

Just because Lily is a gaming goddess and a much better player than just about everyone doesn't mean she is full speed into min/maxing the content. She likely comes close to min/maxing her playing, but that is completely different than forcing herself to run stuff she doesn't like which I am quite sure she not only does not do, but she has no need to do because of her playing skill.

Ah, I thought that might be how it would be interpreted. Sorry, I didn't mean that these people play at min/max efficiency (I know of several who exult in being much more creative, and more power to them for it) -- I meant they (should) calibrate their streaming itself for maximum efficacy. So while it's entirely possible they play PoE their own way regardless of efficiency and meta considerations, the very act of trying to be a successful streamer, being essentially a business, requires a lot of 'doing stuff you don't enjoy because it's part of the job'. Streamers are entertainers, and entertaining is *always* work. Needless to say, those best at it make it look effortless and natural...but it never, ever is.

And same: I think the only time I watched a live stream was when Mathil was using my unique item, because who wouldn't? That aside I stick to highlights and more structured content delivery. To me the difference between that and just watching an ongoing stream is like watching structured, curated, crafted tv vs 'Big Brother'. Or reading a book vs lurking in a roleplay channel for hours on end. Not a hard choice for me. :)

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
PowerIdiot wrote:
i dont know her, and i dont care. where is new manifesto update ish.?

If you don't know her and don't care, why the hell did you open the post to respond?

To let GGG know that this doesn't interest us (him and me) and we rather have more important updates and news about the last manifesto and the coming league reveal.
I enjoy these interviews ... keep them coming.
tbf it would be nice to get the projectiles back on molten

i miss playing it
Oh this is cool idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info