Eldritch Altars FAQ

No loot buffs have been stated by GGG and seems like no plans to discuss this so I think we have to assume they are fine with the way it is and ok if people don't like it.
smokescreen
smokescreen all over
"
3.20 will be the greatest league since Ritual, mark my words Wraeclast

#InChrisWeTrust
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

Dreaming lol, nothing will ever beat Self-Curse Tempchains 100% deli fractured mapping with Auspicious watchstone

That was the peak of my happiness anyways, dropped a mirror that league and 7 mirror shards, played till the last hour of that league craving more.

Imagine, feeling like your time and investment in game is rewarded
When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. Same as when you're stupid.
Last edited by TheVeug86 on Nov 22, 2022, 7:48:44 PM
Ok, so this is just flat out a general nerf to altars, which was one of the last bastions to make juicing maps feel good.

Loot in the core game is still way too uneven. There are the flat reward mechanics like Heist/Expedition/Harvest that still "work" after the nerf to league mechanic monsters, but the rest of the mechanics in the game require you to super-juice your map to an insane level to even feel worth your investment.

It used to be that the more content you added to your maps, the harder and more rewarding it would be. This does not seem to be the case anymore. You have 3-4 choices a f the rest are traps that will cost you currency to run.
"
We've discussed community feedback around this, specifically to consider options around instance-pausing, colour indicators or reward symbols. Each of these options has their own drawbacks so we won't be making any changes on this front for now. The best thing to do is to finish killing the surrounding monsters before reading the Altar.

The best thing to do is to NOT engage with these mechanisms all together ...

And from a design standpoint, the best thing to do for GGG was to think about this BEFORE implementing anything.

"
When you kill the Maven herself, the chance of getting an Awakened Gem is quite common. The drop chance from Maven-witnessed map bosses is a lot lower than this because these fights occur more often. The goal is that they're common enough that it feels worthwhile running Maven-witnessed maps while not having Awakened Gems feel too common and significantly lowering their value.

You haven't really answered anything here honestly, all you said was quite obvious stuff.

All in all, thie FAQ does not say much, I really think that you're overdoing it with the communication, I wish you would care less about the reddit community in all honesty.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Yeah. I doubt that.
The only thing I got from this is that Rusted scarabs are going core. Nice.
I honestly can't wait for the fun once your playerbase realizes you are outright ignoring them and loot is actually nerfed. You guys are fooling people with QoL and a certain site seemed to buy it all up yesterday. This will be more entertaining than any buffs could've been. Thanks in advance for the free fireworks.
meanwhile those things that really needs nerfs are still untouched even buffed somehow.

like lvl100 under 30h, multiple mirorrs per day for parties without any gear investment. but IF they gear the team (ofc they will in 20h what you can't make in months) and doing the uber end map juice, LITERALLY they can't play the game without topend pcs, because of the fps restrict.

can you imagine the limit of your build is your hardver? aren't these things supposed to be too much overpowered? 6B dps from a character which played less than 24hours from leaguestart. not even aimed for that, since they need speed and mf too. but yeah, lets destroy every enjoyable content:)
Why not just straight up buff maven witness so much that people would pick between altar meta vs maven? For example, any maven witness bosses drop tons of awakened sextants etc.

10 way invitations drop a large number of raw currencies, high level influenced items (more rings/amulets).

The issue with no pause is that players doesn't like to wait too long, yes we can kill mobs around the atar but theres always on ground effects and somethings mobs from offscreen jumps at us/shoots at us and we die while reading what the atlar says.

I feel the pause mechanic should be implemented. And Maven witness buffed to sky high levels. Especially now since awakened sextants are extremely rare.

Overall, personally I feel this is a letdown, I will be forced to go expedition and heist again since the base mapping doesn't give me enough currency in time to get mageblood etc.

10 way invitations could be so much fun and rewarding but right now it only drops 2 orbs of unmarking and 1 deli orb div card 99% of the time. And you have to run 10 different maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info