Golem jewels in 3.20

"
KZA wrote:
My guess is from breachlords.

The best guess I've seen so far.

They can't be too common since that goes directly against their idea of jewels being rare and actually good, so if it's map bosses they'd have to be stupid rare considering how easy those are to farm.

Breach bosses do make more sense. Watch them put them on beast bosses >.<
Breach wrong lore. Golems have been created at a mountain chain that we guess to be now called Sarn by a Lady named The Clayshaper in the proto Vaal period. No reasons monsters from another dimension like Breachlords would ever craft or invent stones, jewels to improve primordial skills. they had no interests or profit to do so.

this is my take. chances to be wrong are therem maybe. :-)
A4 mines would make a lot of sense, but also remember that the note said
"
Some other build-enabling Jewels that affect Golems can no longer drop
So either they get around this by splinters, or div card(s), or there's some new mechanic to find them.

I can't see them introducing a lot of new code on what's really a side-issue: but maybe they could have splinters left behind in the wall hollows when rare golems spawn? This would be more deterministic - but still with RNG, needs a rare golem and a lucky roll - and wouldn't be an item "drop". And the lore fits.
Or the same in Delve, linked to golem nodes: again, thematically suitable and not a "drop".

This might be too easy, but gating behind breachlords or deep delve bosses would IMO lock the jewels away rather harshly and all but prevent golemancers existing as first builds.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
We will see. I assume one of these options to aquire them, considering the usual map rotations:

Quest rewards:
Unlikely but maybe. If so then the low value gems of the Primordial jewel set.

Div cards:
Not really deterministic but maybe a high chance to drop from the few golem map bosses that are in the 3.20 map pool. Can already drop in Golem boss maps.

Delve:
Not sure but i assume the minion nodes drop jewels now with a higher chance, or they introduce jewel nodes that have a high chance to drop unique jewels.

League mechanic rewards:
Ritual,Expedition and similar where you pay special currency to get them.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 21, 2022, 4:51:15 AM
be warned that when GGG uses the word determinalistic it might not end up what you think it is..

you will be farming cards most likely than anything else.. I don't see them throwing the actual gems on certain maps as drops I would be very surprised if they did considering that they have no respect for builds as times passes on seems..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Yeah I think you guys are stretching assuming they don't think div cards = deterministic

the div cards are awful to farm them with so my moneys on that! :p
You already have to buy multiple golem jewels anyway in trade league. You'd have to FARM for days to months if you want to get all jewels you need. The part about ACT 4 is unrealistic.
Maybe they are a more common drop can be some form of reward from the new league mechanic, the monster in the teaser video kinda looks like a golem to me.
Would be in line with their "tease" to have us find the source of those jewels ourselves, so that it won't reveal anything else about the new content, but on the other hand it would seem kinda lame to have new monsters drop get unique jewels that already existed from new content. So, just an idea..

Last edited by sham_pain on Nov 21, 2022, 10:20:48 AM
With regards to unique jewel rarity in 3.20, GGG are quoted as saying:
"
We're making it so that every unique jewel that drops is very rare and highly desirable.

They then go on to say:
"
...build-enabling Jewels that affect Golems can no longer drop...

Before stating:
"
The unique Jewels that drop naturally should be those that are very valuable with broad appeal to the average player ... We've worked towards ... moving Jewels that do appeal to a smaller subset of players to other places so that they can be pursued by choice.

There's a distinction there, so we shouldn't assume that Primordial jewels will follow the same trajectory as other unique jewels. GGG have deliberately removed them from the drop pool, and their wording might suggest that they are no longer intended to be as rare.

We won't know until we know, but it's something to keep in mind when exploring possible methods.
My bet is on these moving to the respective Delve node. As long as they aren't as rare as Grand Spectrum it'll be fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info