3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

"
Akutaru wrote:
just delete mf already ... its in your own philosphys intrest that increasing reward only comes from interacting with harder and harder mechanics ... mf comes directly against that ... its also super archaic

besides that tho great news

When you sacrifice gear slots for MF you are facing harder enemies. In essence the problem is that certain builds could sacrifice more gear without losing the build effectiveness.

I think they should remove MF from gear, and add it to unique jewels that any build can equip. But with downsides like:
Spoiler

You cannot be hexproof and hexes has minimum of 120% effect on you.

Hits you receive can always be a critical strike. Critical strike damage you take has min of 150%.

You cannot be unaffected/immune/avoid ignite. Ignites lasts at least 5 seconds.

This way any build can opt in or out of MF.
We've been posting this feedback for 2 entire leagues. Archnemesis league itself (3.17 league) it was not a problem, because it was opt-in, you don't have to do those encounters even if it was possible to build stuff that is nearly impossible to kill. 3.18 was the first bad league with global Archnemesis. Having it shoved down our throats in every nook and cranny of this game was never a good decision.

You saw the main issue - each AN mod has 4-7 effects. Why does Mana Siphoner has all this shit instead of just having the donut-shaped aura effect? The donut aura is GREAT, this is easily telegraphed and understandable. What is not - is that this monster converts some of its phys to lightning, does extra phys as lightning, does x% incrased lightning overall and has 40% extra lightning resistance on top of all of it.
Just remove magic find ffs, what is this obsession to keep it in game. Loot amount / quality should be related to the difficulty of the content, not to a support gem that hits the monster last.

And the things you mentioned are the only problems

* Loot transformation is awful and makes the items worthless as a result of dropping it 10 times more. I thought you agreed to this already on one of posts during the league.

* Loot shouldn't be hidden behind loot goblins (even if you can't see the mods and can't call the mf cullers)

* There is so many ground degens or on death effects. Monsters are not scary anymore but their deaths does, this doesn't make sense.
Last edited by RaiBlack on Nov 17, 2022, 2:48:27 AM
Thank you. Archnemesis was a cool idea when we actually could control what monstrous creations we spanwned. Having them be random was a nightmare.
Worst example of late was my level 82 Righteous Fire Juggernaut doing his last lab in HC Kalandra. 4k+ life, 80 fire res, 78 all res, 75 chaos res, 80% phys reduction. Got oneshot by a skeleton with Lunaris and Magma Barrier. The fire balls hit me because I got locked between the monster and traps
All I see is blah blah blah
##$@@$@#$@$!@#!@##%@#%#^#^@##$@#$@#$

or... shall I say we made things a little better but you guys will have too much fun so we will nerf again elsewhere.
Amazing changes!
Looks good, thanks GGG.
wait, doesn't this mean its the exact same as it was before archnemesis? lol
:3
I wonder how much $ they expected vs what they got in 3.19 on top of the nearly universal hate of loot goblin mechanic & many streamers (publicity for game) who just straight quit.

Am glad its gone (mostly)

Devs if you see this...you could buff Metamorph mechanic to be like 3.19's loot goblin...let people build their own goblins. (choice to make a monster or not if you think you can kill it)

People didn't "hate" the concept of a hard loot goblin fight...they hated 99% of loot being FORCED behind it (with no player choice).

Same AN loot goblin choices could work with Ultimatum system too whenever we get it back...Let us buff waves with mods (and see the payoff of next round i.e. the mod(s) as it adds choice of risk vs reward and it would be riskier as confined to area & have the trial debuffs/traps going at same time.
"
RaiBlack wrote:

* There is so many ground degens or on death effects. Monsters are not scary anymore but their deaths does, this doesn't make sense.

There is an relatively easy solution to this:

Do not kill monsters, if they reach 0 HP. Instead, if they reach 0 hp, they are set on a death timer based on monsterrarity (3 sec white, 5 sec blue, 8 sec yellow, 12 sec unique, 30 sec boss) and you can speed up their death timer by killing them again, for each 10% you deal, the timer looses 10% of its current remain time.

This allows monster to matter without on death effects, allows for new monster mechanics, makes defensive builds finally viable without punishing glass canons to mutch.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info