3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

So the new system was good at adding diversity so we revert back to almost what we had before because we have a lot of problems to fix that weren't tested properly and we hoped that they would be received with joy and excitement.

I did a roughly translation of that wall of text.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
finally some skills be usable now hahaha
Padoru Intensifies
They quintupled down on loot goblins.

Juiced content is still dead. Scarab, deli orbs are still trash

We are still looking for lottery tickets on loot goblins But now we dont even have the option to hire a culler anymore. Its either play MF yourself or busted.

Ppl in this thread are getting hyped for no reason. Once they log in and actually play, they will quickly realize we still have the same problems of 3.19.
WE DID IT REDDIT!!!!!, Get REKT [removed by player]!!!!
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
"
Voidbreaker1 wrote:
I like that you can finally see what these mods do. For example I thought executioner has culling, but it was just reduced regen. And no, I didnt bother to remember the mods from archnemesis league.

Hiding reward modifiers is weird. That's like nerfing magic find and you would still need to get rarity/quant because you know for a fact that the rewards are out there.

Imo the rewards should be scaled with the number of modifiers on the monsters. Each mob in the pack has a random chance to drop an item from a pool of items. That way people will try to kill all monsters that are tough.

It literally sayd in the post that rewards scale with the number of modifiers...
Nice change!
Well all I can give is a "props" you checked yourself. It would have been far from the first case where a developer would have killed their own game by doubling down on a failed project. Ofc with a comapany like this you can never really praise much more because we never truly know if they feel they were on the right track and users were simply to stupid or they geniusly believe they messed up, in the end it all becomes a big wash because this failed league certainly marked financial pressure.

And lets not kid ourself and steamcharts or whatever nonsense. The fact we get such a short "well scrap it all" announcement should made it more then clear how dire bad this league went.

Pressure will be insane, not to mention the community will still be somewhat on the warpath because of the failed ex--> divine bullshit and a still masacared hearvest (like cmon at least bring back refoge suffix(pre)
Deleting goblin is very good.
Other things was fine for me, but thanks anyway ;)
"
AeriusMaximus wrote:
They quintupled down on loot goblins.

Juiced content is still dead. Scarab, deli orbs are still trash

We are still looking for lottery tickets on loot goblins But now we dont even have the option to hire a culler anymore. Its either play MF yourself or busted.

Ppl in this thread are getting hyped for no reason. Once they log in and actually play, they will quickly realize we still have the same problems of 3.19.

No reason to be so pessimistic, we don't even have full details yet. They've said they intend to lower the spike-y ness of loot, and without knowing what a monster will drop, they aren't loot goblins.

When you can selectively use MF strats based on what the monster will drop, you counter the downsides of trading off stats or increased monster life by running a culler. MF working in general isn't a bad thing.

Monsters could always drop crazy payouts like a mirror, the fact you could see it coming with AN mods and react to increase your chances is what changed.

We'll see about juiced content. The problem with AN was it made conversions like fractured items or jewels way too common. Getting 2-3 times as many in a juiced map was basically worthless when you had to ID 100 to find 1 that was sellable. If loot is more random, the multiplier should make a bigger difference in payouts between maps.
So basically, it is the same as before, just with less rewards and also the rewards are hidden!? That's what people think is a buff? ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info