3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

Even I like what I read in this manifesto. I have NO TRUST left for your words until I see how these will be implemented. I can only decide to play again after those changes hit live.
"
xxCrowley wrote:
Even I like what I read in this manifesto. I have NO TRUST left for your words until I see how these will be implemented. I can only decide to play again after those changes hit live.

This is what I feel as well. It sounds great. But it usually does. We shall wait and see.
Seems good, at least nothing bad. But changes in jewels are awful.
Archnem was cool on paper for sure, sometimes it was neat, maybe more than sometimes the later we got into leagues, but bringing back the old and marrying it to the new sounds like a wise choice towards the game's health.

Optimistic towards the fun to be had next league. Or do we still play game for fun? I can't remember
We'll see in the future if it fit.
Hope it's mean "No more armourer scrap x120, flasks x15, etc..
For me Archenemesis is still a big mistake.. destroying litteraly 3 seasons, for you it seems you are happy with this... ok.. strange mindset.
I'm really affraid about the future of PoE when i read some of your "false positive" words but i'm not blind and i see that you are triyng to do something about. Once again we will see next season and just pray.

Thank you.

i hope this fixes the things that people thought were wrong with it.
in the example of the magma barrier (new edition), does magma barrier really explain enough what the thing on the monster does, if we look at it with your new philosofy? just a thought.
"
ENSASKE wrote:
Wait what? After several leagues, stubbornness and gaslighting... You realized this was a problem... And you solved it? Incredible! Poe is back!

But now I don't have anything to complain about on reddit :D

U missed the part where GGG mentioned they " hidden " the loot goblin, plus AN mods is not dead yet, they only "separate" out. , So MF build problem exist, loot drop still not yet fixed.
Ido rly like current system
ArchNem was good on paper, and pretty cool, mostly, in practice. Some of the mods were a little too.. vague, or had too much going on internally to really learn what they do. I still don't know what the possessed monster mods do, tbh, and wonder if you'll add clarity to them as well. On paper, the atlas tree mods for quantity and possessed-touched is appealing, but again, like some ArchNem mods, I have no idea what they do, organically (not looking them up in wiki) after 6+ leagues of encountering them.

ArchNem was good in that it cleaned up a laundry-list of active mods on a monster. I don't have time to read exactly what the thing does when it has 8 or more lines of mods on it, only that it's potentially very dangerous. That's how it was pre-ArchNem, and I hope it doesn't go back to that absolute mess. On the other hand, I had no idea what Deadeye mob-mods did, as an example. That there were 5 mods collectively was a surprise. Gargantuan was pretty straight-forward, Frenzied, etc. So better sorting out the individual aspects a mob could have may be called for, sure, but as before, I don't have the time to read through 8 lines of whatever the hell is going on with the giant porcupine beast.

A good suggestion from earlier comments I saw: group the mods as to the map mods. And if the map is corrupted, the mobs may very well be able to have up to 8 mods as well. And/or make room on the atlas tree to enable the corrupted mob-mod nonsense, as challenge players can opt into.
Too late, too late change.
This makes the changes to Ark Nemesis in 3.18 and 3.19 almost useless, because the changes were not for [the game of POE] but for [what to do with Ark Nemesis], and many of the patches were not.

My guess is that when the mods are updated in the next league, it will probably not show the AOE type mod range and will be another badly balanced league.

GGG, please make sure you have the time to play the game you created once and for all as one player.
Last edited by BIMZERO on Nov 17, 2022, 1:18:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info