3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

so now we have to invite a magic find culler for every special monster we fight in case it drops currency? Won't there still be a conversion that can drop currency and using an MFer is the difference from dropping 5 divines vs 5 chaos?
"
xerailas wrote:
increase loot and currency and maybe the game will be rewarding again or else no ty

Tell me you didn't play last league without telling me you didn't play last league.

Outside of Sentinel league (which was over tuned as fuck on drops) last league was pretty regular if not on the higher end of loot/currency. I track my large currency/loot drops every league, so exalts, divines, valuable uniques etc. My overall drops were better than most leagues except like I said Sentinel which was mega over tuned in rewards. You'd know if you played past a week and didn't just read Reddit all day.
Great news! Can't wait to try out the new system.
It's a good start! Exciting changes.
archnemesis finally got nuked and indirectly headhunter again until fix
Meh.

EDIT: It is lightning themed sale. Why is there no Valkyrie Smite on sale?!?! WHYYY
Last edited by andrew8448 on Nov 16, 2022, 3:02:48 PM
Thats wonderful! Now, on the day before the league starts, half the resistances/damage/extra life, etc of all mods and we might have a decent league start.

Please dont fuck up Archnemesis II
Quite disappointing.

Archnemesis gave monster mods a huge identity, you didn't need to squint eyes at many small mods and try to figure out what will be happening - it's easier for me to read and mentally digest a single mod that does multiple things than multiple mods that do single things.

Another part of identity was their specific mechanics, what to look out for and specific reward you could get excited for, it was a cool thing whenever I knew I was going to get a lot of fractured items. Too bad people felt mentally REQUIRED to MF cull service whenever they saw something bigger, I never bothered.

Some resistance/damage mitigation changes as well as other numeric changes were in order perhaps, but not a big gutting like this.

Too bad, the game lost an interesting facet to it and we are back to monsters with a table underneath their name full of simple terms.
It certainly fulfills the goals: of making it simpler, less spiky, more boring and samey.
Sounds good in theory but then again you also posted several times about how good you thought archnemesis was. So who knows? We'll need to see it in practice.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
#InChrisWeTrust #MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info