3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

"
lllolll15 wrote:
fix the loot system. cutting on drop pool wont change anything.

Doubt they will change anything...things drop in bulks.
Alot of random crap has been removed, uniques fall less often.
All in all, its better..
even with reduced loot, then 3.19 has been extremely rewarding in loot.
So i dont see why a boot in loot would benefit the game ??
"Solution:
We're expanding the pool of mods available on magic and rare Jewels and are making their modifier values more generous so that players have better access to sources of ailment mitigation, with less investment.

Regular Jewels (i.e. Jewels that are not Abyss or Cluster Jewels) now have mods that provide Reduced Duration or Reduced Effect for a wider variety of ailments than before. Abyss Jewels now have mods that provide avoidance of various ailments.

Summary:
This means that Jewels should be a more reliable and less expensive source of ailment mitigation through their higher mod values and better variety of mods."

bigger pools for rolling mods is literally the opposite of "more reliable source of x"
I'm so tired of the design strategy of

"We're going to make the good stuff SO FREAKING RARE that you'll almost never see it. That way, in the off-chance you do finally see a good item, you'll be SO EXCITED!".
- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Nov 14, 2022, 2:43:00 PM
I mean its pretty much again technically nerfing loot, if you keep the nerfed loot that we have right now and also make the new jewels a small % it would be horrible.
But if you make the new jewels actually good and not give me 2% max health and 5% resists, then its fine because unique jewles were pretty trash.
But please make it so the minion jewels have a logical way of dropping so you dont remove the golems from the game which you did after the double golem nerfs,aura nerfs,minion damage modifier nerfs, tree nerfs.
Very nice.
Gonna end up being a nerf anyway, nothing to be hyped about tbh.
I don't think most people reading here realise that "build defining jewels are now corruption only" means that not only are they gonna be fucking rare, they're also gonna be impossible to reroll or put a craft on.

"We're heavily nerfing the jewels so if you get one you better feel fucking happy" doesn't sound like a buff to me.

A larger pool of modifiers for the regular jewels also means chances of getting a good combination of mods is now smaller. saying the values of defensive stats on the jewels will be better is one thing, but it's worded so vaguely that it could literally be +0.5% improvement.

Either half the posts in the thread didn't read the post or are pogging cause they like to suffer?
Very underwhelming ....
I don't know what exactly to think about it, it sounds exciting but also worrysome.

I can imagine that build enabling unique jewels are going to be too rare or random to aquire and reduces accesibility to them.

Additionally I'd like to see a reduction of the rare jewels affix pools because there are too many mods that are pretty useless and just make it annoying to craft them.
"
Dieg23oSouza wrote:
Did they just buffed "Death Wish" or am i stoned ? lol

Look down, if your fingers arent carrots - then youre not stoned buddy !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info