Ruthless FAQ

I am excited to try this new mode. Honestly, I am. Played since open beta, so it will be nothing horribly new and fun for a week or so.

However I 100% do NOT believe that this won't impact the core game in some way. Not in terms of dev effort, I don't care about that (manage your own company resources as you wish). I mean in terms of core mechanics. It's completely ridiculous for you to keep saying it has no bearing on the core game. You are on record saying it is a sandbox. Are you telling me if everyone loves this mode you won't roll aspects of it into the main game? Of course you will. And at that moment you will have lied.

I am fine with all sorts of new things being developed ... console, mobile, etc. But please stop lying about the long term intentions. It's super frustrating.
"
alhazred70 wrote:
I mean do you think only unanimously agreed on modes should exist?

Most definetly not <shudder>

"
My point is that people who think it should be deleted are extremely selfish

Indeed. But hardly a surprise, that...

"
A surprisingly large number of people seem to want it.

Sure - it remains to be seen though how many of them are actually interested in the mode versus how many just want to try it out as a singular experience. I don't think it's well planned out, I don't think I'll prefer it over the 'normal' gameplay, I don't think I'll even like it one bit (while sober at least). But am I gonna try it? Hell yes for sure I will - because why not?

You'll hopefully agree that in this light, a poll saying 60% of players won't even do that... that is a number of interest. For several reasons.

I would also assume it's not exactly 'true'. Bet there'll be more than just a couple of the nopers who will try it out :) If only to say 'yep, like I thought'.

I personally am not perturbed by this introduction, for all I care they can implement a mode where you can only wear the pelt helmets, use only claws and get your characters auto-named after some cartoon animal. As long as they don't try to force me to also play it, of course.

I'd guess this is where most of the resentments by the more vociferous opponents stem from. They are... concerned. There might even be reasons for that :)

Edit: kudos to the poster above me, who outlined some of the reasoning mentioned in my last sentence while I was still finishing it :D
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."
Last edited by Reshemin on Nov 3, 2022, 10:28:23 PM
"
M1cash1 wrote:
Chris already pointed it out that no Labor Ressources from the Dev Team got used on creating the Ruthless Mode so why still People complaining about that?

A person with a track record of lying has made a claim that is ridiculously hard to believe, if you actually understand game development and testing and all that, and you want to know why people are not just accepting that statement?

Seriously? lol
Can we get a mode where they turn everything up to 11. Give both the player and monsters more action speed, short cooldowns, bigger pack size, past league content, and overall just go nuts. Like a better and permanent version of mayhem.

Also when are tormented spirits and rouge exiles getting an improvement/ going the way of Perandus?
"
Ticklebear wrote:
Bigger waste of resources than all the badges to the right of this post.
/thread

"
koskesh539 wrote:
"
No. Balance changes made to Ruthless have no bearing on the main game. If we feel a change is good for the main game, we'll just make it there as well.

Can´t wait for this myth to be debunked. It´s going to be a long way for you guys to gain the trust back.
lol they had trust after harvest nerf 1 and 2: electric boogaloo?
i wish there will be NO specific challenges / loot / rewards of any type for ruthless.
that way, no one will feel "forced" to play ruthless, and then cry because it's too hard / they dislike the mode, etc

let the ones who want to play this mode and enjoy it do so, without bringing rivers of unnecessary tears to forums!

i'll try ssf ruthless
Thanks!!!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
This clearly shows gow toxic our community became over the years.
People, wake up! You were crying about "hard mode" coming over the game. GGG releases OPTIONAL mode that takes care of those who does not like fun (in mainstream meaning), but are happy of suffering and pain. That opens windows for making "main mode" more fun and less painful for mass.

No communication could be made if all you can do is crying over and over again. I literally wonder how some of you can comment, rage and cry about a content you will never even run.
Really excited for this. When does one get answers regarding if one is accepted into the alpha?
Was excited since this got announced as Hardmode. Can´t wait to play that soon!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info