Announcing Ruthless

"
BINARYGOD wrote:

(wow, I love having to hit the Q button four times before the quoting actually happened - what wonderful forum tech you guys have here).

yeah ... I mostly type it by hand.

"
BINARYGOD wrote:

Yes, they DID use this odd excuse of 'people already doing a thing, so we added it into the game officially' when it launched, but if you actually think they added it entirely because a vanishingly small percentage of players happen to do something (trade lightly or not at all), and not because of a conversation that had been had (and commented on by even Chris himself) for years, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

You mean ... in the context of work, they had a meeting about adding a new league mode before actually adding it ?

REALLY ???
/s

Obviously this was discussed, and obviously the fact that it was de facto already existing was one of the kick (if not the kick) that made it happen.

"
BINARYGOD wrote:

This is similar to people asking for a mod not balanced around the economy, only for them to deliver a mode that just removes trade, but changes none of the balance. Again, for the same reasons many others have pointed out already.

Because it would be stupid ?
Because those people asking and asking (and insisting) only care about themselves and do not care about the game itself, which GGG does ?

Are you implying that when people ask for something, GGG simply should deliver this something ? (that's called entitlement by the way, pure entitlement)

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 4, 2022, 2:55:42 AM
Will not waste my time to describe how I hate this.
Just say - you even DO not know how to balance main mode with your "special vision" and do this shit 18 months? (and don't say that it's for different team).
Nice focus GGG: 0.1% of all players.

P.S. My few friends finishes acts every league after 1-2 weeks and they say - PoE is very difficult. Considering that I always help them.
What to say now? IDK
"
Vezorx wrote:
Will not waste my time to describe how I hate this.
Just say - you even DO not know how to balance main mode with your "special vision" and do this shit 18 months? (and don't say that it's for different team).
Nice focus GGG: 0.1% of all players.

P.S. My few friends finishes acts every league after 1-2 weeks and they say - PoE is very difficult. Considering that I always help them.
What to say now? IDK

It's optional. There will be a main screen explosion league alongside it. Relax, and play that instead.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Drop rates of items has been massively decreased.
This is not Ruthless, this is 3.19.
Was expecting it to be named Hardmode but Ruthless works even better ❤️ I want to say thank you to the devs that have used their spare time to give us this. Much appreciated!
I like the idea very much, but I'm no longer wasting my time on the game with INSTANT logout and one shot mechanics.

This is why large portion of HC playerbase will switch to D4, if there are any left.

Hardcore is what brings soul into ARPG, right decision but simply not enough.
Last edited by unloder100500 on Nov 4, 2022, 11:29:34 AM
I would've preferred a gauntlet style approach where every zone has more difficult modifiers, but ruthless seems like an interesting take on a harder difficulty.

That being said, won't give it a shot. It could be fun to slowly reach a high power level, but that would take more than a month. Recent leagues were so bad that barely anyone played the game after the first two days, so I would be stuck in a ghost town with no one to trade with and no loot of my own. That's even assuming ruthless will have a similar retention, which I honestly doubt.

My suggestion would be to focus on creating fun league content. Adding new game modes at this point sound lacklustre.
Yoow. Hard mode is actually good. I was expecting hard mode to be like 40x archnem modifiers on beach zombies. But it's actually about the drops. It'll be like diablo 2. I might give this a try.
Good to know that there is still no reason for me to try out the game again.
You may say this is a side project and that it's not affecting the development of the core game but you know what, I ain't buying it. Been deceived a few too many times. It would take a ritual-esque league for me to even consider coming back.
So it's like Diablo 3. I like it! Might actually come back and play a bit in the next season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info